Sainsbury's will now give a voucher if subsituted item is more expensive

Found 26th Jul 2016
If you have substituted items that are more expensive and you choose to keep them, you'll be sent a confirmation email. At the same time you'll see a voucher drop in your online voucher wallet. This voucher can be used on any future online grocery order within the next 6 months.

Here's how it works...

If your shop contains a substitute your driver will let you know;
You choose whether to keep it or get a refund;
If you keep your substitute and it's more expensive than the item ordered, we'll email you a voucher for the difference.

Plus:

£20 off your first online grocery order when you spend £60* or more (credit to Rom)
Enter code: CATNNXSANA

OR

£10 off with your first online grocery order when you spend £50* or more
Enter this code at checkout: SPRXFMYB
On orders delivered on or before:
01/08/2016
Community Updates
9 Comments
Good to see Sainsburys finally do this.
Aye, driver told me about this last week - not before time!
Would be better if they just price matched like tesco and Asda.
Pretty poor IMHO Tesco/Asda price match much better. The difference in price is going to be small most of the time and they know most people aren't going to do a big online shop for the sake a voucher worth a couple of £ at most so they know full well most vouchers will sit unused and expire meaning they in effect will actually pay out very little. If they wanted to do it properly they should refund the difference as voucher < money....
This is why i no longer use Saintsbury's. poor.
Is this a deal..?
Editor
Moved to misc as heads up
ST3123

Pretty poor IMHO Tesco/Asda price match much better. The difference in … Pretty poor IMHO Tesco/Asda price match much better. The difference in price is going to be small most of the time and they know most people aren't going to do a big online shop for the sake a voucher worth a couple of £ at most so they know full well most vouchers will sit unused and expire meaning they in effect will actually pay out very little. If they wanted to do it properly they should refund the difference as voucher < money....

To be fair, my local Sainsburys substitutes very little and it's only a small store. Whereas Asda, which is two floors and a very large store, substitutes loads of stuff and most of the substitutes are so random as to be of little use anyway! Baby leaf salad - get baby spinach; chicken curry - get chicken breast fillets; coffee - got given loose tea!!! Local Tesco is no better and the deliveries come from the small store about 15 miles away instead of the huge store just 7 miles away - that was a sensible choice Tesco (not the distance but the choice of store size and, therefore, range and quantity stocked).
Substitution policy sounds reasonable, until it doesn't work! I had ordered 2x litre bottles of Famous Grouse whisky, as part of a large order, which were on sale for the fantastic price of £15. These were on the website probably around 5 hours before my order was picked. I looked at my substitution list (more than usual subs) and thought that I had been sent 2 x 70ml bottles, at £10.25. I realised that I had lost quite a lot of money on this, but was reasonably content if the item I had ordered genuinely wasn't available. However when I unpacked my order I realised that it was 2 x 35ml bottles I had been sent! When I contacted the store I was told I would not receive an e-voucher as the price I was charged (for 70 ml altogether) was less than the price I would have paid for the item I had ordered (200ml)! Hardly an equitable substitution; I received 130ml less than I had ordered. I have now, after much coming and going, been offered an e-voucher for £6. I am not a happy lady.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants