Found 11th May 2010
Can any one recommend any nice salad dressings you can buy, preferably ones that are not Vinegarette's.

Ta xxx

1. Misc
  2. Dress
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Dress
25 Comments

1000 island is nice but not sure if its in the uk or not

Original Poster

Yes I've tried that before.. yummy! I was looking for something abit lighter though. Possibly with a sweet kick to it?? Hmmmm!

zeus9876;8578599

1000 island is nice but not sure if its in the uk or not

+1 most supermarkets sell it, also i like balsamic vinegar and they have started selling it as a 1cal spray in tesco :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Kerz67;8578613

+1 most supermarkets sell it, also i like balsamic vinegar and they have … +1 most supermarkets sell it, also i like balsamic vinegar and they have started selling it as a 1cal spray in tesco :thumbsup:

Love Balsamic vinegar but its very light... (i'm just being fussy now aren't i).

Looking for something that isnt too heavy but not a light as a vinegarette:thumbsup:

Newmans Ranch dressing is gorgeous

Original Poster

Alanalea;8578656

Thanks.. I will check it out!. Any other suggestions?:)

+ 1 on the Balsamic Vinegar

For sweeter tasting try the fruit based dressings, like avocado or apple based.

I had the sundried tomato 'taste the difference'.salad dressing at the weekend from sainsburys, man it's tasty!

Original Poster

loll1es;8578692

For sweeter tasting try the fruit based dressings, like avocado or apple … For sweeter tasting try the fruit based dressings, like avocado or apple based.

Oh ok.. Not come across any of those! Are there many available in most supermakets:)

Original Poster

richx45;8578708

I had the sundried tomato 'taste the difference'.salad dressing at the … I had the sundried tomato 'taste the difference'.salad dressing at the weekend from sainsburys, man it's tasty!

Hmmmmm sundried tomato!

Miss Money Penny;8578743

Hmmmmm sundried tomato!

I'll see if i can get you a photo

;-)

Original Poster

richx45;8578777

I'll see if i can get you a photo ;-)

Ta :thumbsup:

Banned

M&S do some nice sauces :thumbsup:

Banned

Alanalea;8578656

Newman all the way. Nicest I've had by a long way.

Original Poster

DLM;8578810

M&S do some nice sauces :thumbsup:

Ive always been impressed with M&S so they are on my list of possibilities

Miss Money Penny;8578805

Ta :thumbsup:

img714.imageshack.us/i/d…pg/

My mistake, it's sunBAKED tomato!

Tis Yummy

:-D

Banned

Miss Money Penny;8578866

Ive always been impressed with M&S so they are on my list of … Ive always been impressed with M&S so they are on my list of possibilities

We had a nice Tikka Masalla sauce from there last night :thumbsup:

Why don't you make up your own one. My favourite is honey and mustard:-

4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar (or whatever vinegar you have)
1 tsp dijon mustard
2 tsp honey
splash of lemon juice
cracked black pepper

Cheap if you already have the ingredients in the cupboard and ready in 2 minutes. Lovely.

Also, for salads, why not top it with cheese cubes like feta or just cheddar. I also like some bacon cooked until crispy and chopped up over the top. Another option is a pitta bread, toasted cut into thin slices and tossed through the salad. A good mix of textures makes a big difference with a salad.

caesar is the business

Original Poster

[QUOTE=4leafed;8578885]Why don't you make up your own one. My favourite is honey and mustard:-

4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar (or whatever vinegar you have)
1 tsp dijon mustard
2 tsp honey
splash of lemon juice
cracked black pepper

Cheap if you already have the ingredients in the cupboard and ready in 2 minutes. Lovely.

Also, for salads, why not top it with cheese cubes like feta or just cheddar. I also like some bacon cooked until crispy and chopped up over the top. Another option is a pitta bread, toasted cut into thin slices and tossed through the salad. A good mix of textures makes a big difference with a salad

Sounds lush... thank you!

Original Poster

richx45;8578870

http://img714.imageshack.us/i/dsc00147h.jpg/My mistake, it's sunBAKED … http://img714.imageshack.us/i/dsc00147h.jpg/My mistake, it's sunBAKED tomato!Tis Yummy:-D

Oooh ta! ;-)

Miss Money Penny;8578954

Oooh ta! ;-)

Your welcome, sorry bout it' being uploaded sidewards lol, it's really nice, you won't be dissapointed, everyone that tried it loves it!

Original Poster

richx45;8579036

Your welcome, sorry bout it' being uploaded sidewards lol, it's really … Your welcome, sorry bout it' being uploaded sidewards lol, it's really nice, you won't be dissapointed, everyone that tried it loves it!

I'll take your word and give it a whirl :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Help! In need of a PS4 Headset47
    2. Camera lens44
    3. amazon prime question11
    4. good place to buy stocks33

See more discussions