Groups
    EXPIRED

Sales act 1979 PS3

Hi, im just wondering if anyone knows much about the sales act of 1979.
    I own a ps3 but it now has a technical fault ( wont read discs ) after updating the system. this is also a worldwide problem. I bought it from asda 2 years ago and according to the sales act 1979 i have upto 6 yars to take it back if technical fault occurs. I know Asda are going to make it very difficult when i get there later on today.

so im just seeing if anyone knows the right things to say to help me and help others with simular products or situations.

Sale of Goods Act 1979
    - magicjay1986

19 Comments

not sure personally, the SOGA is a minefield of Lawyer speak, but there is a lot in there, I'm sure you will be able to find something to help, but best of luck with it, be interested to hear how you get on and what they say.

Presume you have read it, here is a link if not:

]SOGA 1979

I would call consumer direct who can guide you.

Supermod

You have 6 years in which to bring a claim to say that there was an inherent fault. You do not have a 6 years warranty or a 6 year right to return the item if it happens to go wrong.

Remember that your contract is with Asda and not Sony. Asda have the contract with Sony (potentially).

Intrust an expert to produce a report for you and then provide this to Asda with a statement. This will be the best option for you.

If it's a worldwide problem, don't Sony have a solution?

Supermod

qazitory;7822320

Possibly but you do not have a contract with Sony. The retailer will though. You will probably still need an experts report on the problem if Sony have not announced this.

Banned

whats the techincal fault?

just been using my year old ps3 for the first time in a couple of weeks and now the system is really slow whenever it needs to access any hard drive data!

There is a thread for this on the official PS3 forums

]CLICK ME

csiman;7822402

whats the techincal fault?just been using my year old ps3 for the first … whats the techincal fault?just been using my year old ps3 for the first time in a couple of weeks and now the system is really slow whenever it needs to access any hard drive data!

:-D

Banned

LeeIW;7823299

:-D

grow up you imbecile :whistling:

Ps3 all fine now thanks - it was just low on disk space cos of all the HD films I had stored on it

qazitory;7822320

http://aisaacademy.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/ostrich-large.jpg

csiman;7822402

whats the techincal fault?just been using my year old ps3 for the first … whats the techincal fault?just been using my year old ps3 for the first time in a couple of weeks and now the system is really slow whenever it needs to access any hard drive data!

Sorry just to re-iterate :-D

csiman;7828169

grow up you imbecile :whistling:Ps3 all fine now thanks - it was just low … grow up you imbecile :whistling:Ps3 all fine now thanks - it was just low on disk space cos of all the HD films I had stored on it

Pot kettle come to mind :whistling:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/csiman2/crying_baby.jpg

Banned

LeeIW;7831422

Sorry just to re-iterate :-DPot kettle come to mind :whistling:

Imbecilic child?

Point proven m'lud

csiman;7835869

Imbecilic child?Point proven m'lud

Everytime time you post I hear the them tune to "Alfred Hitchcock Presents....."

Sorry, but let me get this straight. When other people need advice you think it's ok to mock, but when the shoe is on the other foot people aren't allowed to mock you!! (what goes around comes around).

Maybe you should concentrate on making Mrs Csiman happy today ;-) rather than attempting to boost your post count with more BS.....Numpty!

Banned

LeeIW;7837264

Everytime time you post I hear the them tune to "Alfred Hitchcock … Everytime time you post I hear the them tune to "Alfred Hitchcock Presents....."Sorry, but let me get this straight. When other people need advice you think it's ok to mock, but when the shoe is on the other foot people aren't allowed to mock you!! (what goes around comes around).Maybe you should concentrate on making Mrs Csiman happy today ;-) rather than attempting to boost your post count with more BS.....Numpty!

Keep going mate! I'm nearly full up :giggle:

csiman;7837490

Keep going mate! I'm nearly full up :giggle:

With BS

LeeIW;7837641

With BS

who are you?

boothy;7837653

who are you?

He does have a point

boothy;7837653

who are you?

And you are?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?2635
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2241
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346

See more discussions