Groups
    EXPIRED

samaung tvs any good

looking at a samsung 40in lcd tv in comet today temped but are they any good? thanks

11 Comments

I have a samsung 42" on the wall, superb picture quality in high def. Not sure of the price of the one you looked at, but find some vouchers on here and get one for about £550

Got myself the 40" samsung a couple weeks ago, picture is amazing, get yourself a decent surround sound setup with it rather than the bundled sort of thing and you will be blown away

Samsung make some of the best lcd screens!
    I have an lcd tv by Samsung and the picture quality is fabulous!
    Only tv i would ever buy.

Original Poster

thanks nice to know you guys are happy have just tiped it for me

I swear by Samsung for most electronics. In my own opinion, for the same money you'll get a better Samsung than a Sony. Sony is too commercial.

I have last years model Samsung 40" LCD and its great. Gorgeous glossy black surround and picture is good. My only fault with them are the sound quality isnt that great. Get to volume 25+ and starts to distort a little.

Would certainly not buy one in the shop either. If you can wait a week, buy online. My TV was £900 in Currys instore, got it for £648 online !

i got a 42 Samsung plasma it is brilliant would def recommend

In WHICH magazine, 9 out 10 of the top LCD tellys are all Panasonic, the others a Sony(i think).
    According to them, the Panasonics have better sound and a much better picture.

samsung 50 inch great stuff best ever my mum nan and to bros all have samsungs 32 32 40 and 32

bigflump;2370740

In WHICH magazine, 9 out 10 of the top LCD tellys are all Panasonic, the … In WHICH magazine, 9 out 10 of the top LCD tellys are all Panasonic, the others a Sony(i think).According to them, the Panasonics have better sound and a much better picture.

I took the recommendations of the gadget show myself, they did a big roundup and samsungs around the 40" mark were best, can't think what they recommended in the other sizes i'm sure their site would say. I agree with the sound comment, got an onkyo 606 and a mordaunt short 309 sub, going to get some m-s mezzo speakers to go with them as they are ment to be practically lifelike sound quality, expensive but hell if you can't annoy the neighbors while watching the matrix your not making enough effort

Cold-Phoenix;2370888

I took the recommendations of the gadget show myself, they did a big … I took the recommendations of the gadget show myself, they did a big roundup and samsungs around the 40" mark were best, can't think what they recommended in the other sizes i'm sure their site would say. I agree with the sound comment, got an onkyo 606 and a mordaunt short 309 sub, going to get some m-s mezzo speakers to go with them as they are ment to be practically lifelike sound quality, expensive but hell if you can't annoy the neighbors while watching the matrix your not making enough effort

The Samsungs are great looking TVs & very tempting, but the sound issue puts me off. Fair enough, you can pipe the sound through a quality amp & speakers for films.
    I love big sound for big movies, and living in a terrace the neighbours must love it too :-D
    Just not sure I want to switch the amp on everytime I want to flick a few channels.

Personally Im looking for a good price on a Panasonic or for the Sony Bravias to come down in price, with the Bravia 2 on its way, there should be some good deals around.

Banned

yes even the 720 tv's are a badman
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Wireless Earphones for Running56
      2. Iptv917
      3. Wifi extender1218
      4. Looking for Missguided unidays code plz11

See more discussions