Groups

Samsung 3D 40-48 inch Smart TV

I'm at my wits end trying to find a new (or ex-display) Samsung 3D 40-48 inch Smart TV (the only new ones now only available in large screen TV's). Can anyone help me in my search? I seem to have looked everywhere but find most results turn up used items (which is not always a bad thing but, caveat emptor!). I like the Smart hub on my current Samsung (non 3D) but not the Smart hub on my Panasonic Blu-Ray recorder so much. I would consider a Panasonic TV if unable to get a Samsung. I appreciate people have sometimes widely differing opinions, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

12 Comments

Samsung have done away with 3D TV I thought, and most places won't have old stock knocking about still.
    I have a 48H6240 and it's fantastic. It has a none Samsung panel, but some people review it more highly than the H6400.

John Lewis may price match.

dereklogan7

https://m.johnlewis.com/samsung-40k5510-led-full-hd-1080p-smart-tv-40-inch-with-freeview-hd-and-built-in-wi-fi-white-bd-j5500-curved-3d-blu-ray-white/p/236305659

​not 3d

joshm

​not 3d

Missed that. Thought it was because of the 3d blu-ray player. Have deleted it.

Original Poster

joshm

http://www.electronicempire.co.uk/televisions/3d-tvs/samsung-ue48h6200-led-tv-48-3d-smart-freeview-hd-full-hd-1080p?gclid=Cj0KEQjwsai_BRC30KH347fjksoBEiQAoiaqsfKVBpfbwRRh74y8_hYA9jHmkj5VKnYX4u0gCmDsoRQaAmhG8P8HAQ&zenid=4l6rc3fh127ge7al7ejen7sl62

Are 3D READY TV's any good?

Original Poster

dereklogan7

Missed that. Thought it was because of the 3d blu-ray player. Have … Missed that. Thought it was because of the 3d blu-ray player. Have deleted it.

Thanks for the reply anyway. I need 3D TV. Are 3D ready TV's any good?

philedsch

Thanks for the reply anyway. I need 3D TV. Are 3D ready TV's any good?

Yes, 3D ready just means it needs the 3D glasses and a 3D input (3d blu-ray player) to get a proper 3D picture. The 48H6400 gets good reviews.
    You should take a trip into the shop and see it in action.

If you need more glasses these are better than Samsungs, more robust and rechargeable. amazon.co.uk/Exc…ive
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)47
      2. Barcelona to Lloreta de mar11
      3. Best way to use Tesco club card vouchers?55
      4. Amsterdam Booking.com advice33

See more discussions