Samsung 55 MU7000 vs LG 55 SJ850v

Found 9th Nov 2017
I’m bit torn between these two TVs and hoping to see decent prices in Black Friday and cyber Monday.

I’ve read up on them both and they both seem pretty decent in their price range and I was wondering what people’s views and experiences are with these TVs and if given the choice, which would you pick and why?
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
I'm looking at buying the Samsung mu7000 and as of today is reduced in their store to £899 with SAMSUNGSAVE30 giving a further £30 discount plus 4% cashback with topcashback so that's another £30! Left to pay - £839
Edited by: "clarkydpimp" 22nd Nov 2017
They're not very similar TVs so it's hard to work out what your requirements might be and which would satisfy them better. Why are you drawn to those two in particular?

Personally I'd have said neither are particularly compelling options over TVs around the £650 mark like the XE70 or N6800.
Original Poster
I’ve heard the XE70 suffers from lag on channel changing etc without unplugging which is a pain to do with a tv. Spec wise they seemed decent and were 120hz panel
Leeham2 h, 10 m ago

I’ve heard the XE70 suffers from lag on channel changing etc without u …I’ve heard the XE70 suffers from lag on channel changing etc without unplugging which is a pain to do with a tv. Spec wise they seemed decent and were 120hz panel

A lot of TVs don't have a particularly fast channel change so I wouldn't call that a fault with the XE70 particularly. The last LG I played with - the more expensive B7 - had the same behaviour.

Would you be turning on the motion smoothing settings to use the 120hz panel? Many people don't.

They are better TVs, they just seem to stuck in the middle - costing more than a good mainstream TV but not delivering any of the benefits of a high end one like OLED's advantages or HDR.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants