Samsung 75 inch QLED Q90R

Posted 26th Nov
Hi, i have got an opportunity to purchase 75 inch Q90R for an equivalent of £2600 which is a lot of money (obviously) reading on it I understand it to be one of the best TVs out there right now. Looking for collective wisdom to advise if this is a good price and if it is wise to buy such tv - I.e. is this tv future proof? Will it last for many years or it will be due for replacement in 5 years from now. Looking for advice.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
deleted1471098
Most TVs only are great for 5-10 years these days, the market is moving so fast, so I wouldn’t pay more than £800-1k for one personally. My rule is around £100 a year, so a 1k tv I would expect 10 years from.
Edited by: "deleted1471098" 26th Nov
I think the commander is right , you`re doing well these days to get 5 or 6 years from a tv . My 55 samsung had failed led `s after 18 months and needed a complete new screen .
I have the opposite problem, my TV's are lasting too long and I have to find excuses why we need a bigger more up to date one....lol Got a 15 year old Toshiba 38" , 10 year old LG 43" , 6 year old Sony49" and a 4 year old Panasonic 55". All have been our main TV at one time and each is larger than the preceding one. Did have one failure , the Sony was a free replacement for a Plasma Panasonic. The Sony and the Panasonic (4K) still have a good picture but the older TVs look a bit washed out by today's standards. Any way got a 65" LG coming Friday from John Lewis . I normally buy TVs that are reduced , mainly end of line. In the main I have spent around the same on each of them , as prices in real terms have gone down over the years. I'd rather pay £600 for one that's been £1100 , than £600 for one that's just come out.
Most TVs last as long as you look after them and keep kids away from messing with the tv Clean it with the appropriate cleaner and keep it well ventilated. you do get TVs that have manufacturer defects most common on lower end TVs. I would spend £1k as advised above if you want the best go oled and get a C9 treat yourself QLED is still LCD.
Justsuperman26/11/2019 11:23

Most TVs last as long as you look after them and keep kids away from …Most TVs last as long as you look after them and keep kids away from messing with the tv Clean it with the appropriate cleaner and keep it well ventilated. you do get TVs that have manufacturer defects most common on lower end TVs. I would spend £1k as advised above if you want the best go oled and get a C9 treat yourself QLED is still LCD.

You’re right, if he’s going to spend over 1k you might aswell get LG C9 best for movies and gaming.

Have a look at this video, best gaming tvs 2019 recommendations
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions