samsung ace gt-s5230 question

Found 9th Jan 2012
hi my bro got this phone and he after giving it away but he got a problem with the sim, is sim will work but the other person got same network sim (tmobile) and it come up with SIM PASSWORD he cant remember putting a code in but is there anyway of master reset etc to get this off?
thanks
Community Updates
MiscSamsung
14 Comments
You should be able to sort it by keeping the Home Button (big button on bottom of handset in the middle) and the Power/Lock button (on the right hand side of phone) pressed together for a few seconds - this will initiate a Master Reset and take away the need to enter a password. Please note you will lose any data you have previously installed.

Hope this helps.
stuart9787

You should be able to sort it by keeping the Home Button (big button on … You should be able to sort it by keeping the Home Button (big button on bottom of handset in the middle) and the Power/Lock button (on the right hand side of phone) pressed together for a few seconds - this will initiate a Master Reset and take away the need to enter a password. Please note you will lose any data you have previously installed.Hope this helps.

Tried it still no thing
The only way is to remove it is by flashing the phone

spitroast
sme24185

Tried it still no thing

It worked for one I bought from Cash Generator that asked for a Password when first switched on - not sure what else you can try.

Just to clarify - are you trying my suggestion while the phone is switched off (not just in hibernation, but completely switched off) but still has a charge on it. If so, by pressing these buttons at the same time and keeping them pressed for a few seconds (possibly longer than a few seconds) you should get the 'restore facility' and then just follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the power and menu key for few second untill you enter the restore menu

2. After the menu show choose “wipe data/factory reset “

3a. Select yes and your phone will be restore to default
3b. After finish choose reboot now

4. It will restart. Don’t panic because it take few minute until complete.

5. Don’t panic just wait. If there is no response in 10 minute just release your battery and put it back again and repeat from first step.

Note;
-use home key to select.
-use volume up down to choose the menu.
stuart9787

It worked for one I bought from Cash Generator that asked for a Password … It worked for one I bought from Cash Generator that asked for a Password when first switched on - not sure what else you can try.Just to clarify - are you trying my suggestion while the phone is switched off (not just in hibernation, but completely switched off) but still has a charge on it. If so, by pressing these buttons at the same time and keeping them pressed for a few seconds (possibly longer than a few seconds) you should get the 'restore facility' and then just follow these steps:1. Press and hold the power and menu key for few second untill you enter the restore menu2. After the menu show choose “wipe data/factory reset “3a. Select yes and your phone will be restore to default3b. After finish choose reboot now4. It will restart. Don’t panic because it take few minute until complete.5. Don’t panic just wait. If there is no response in 10 minute just release your battery and put it back again and repeat from first step.Note;-use home key to select.-use volume up down to choose the menu.

Thats to acheive download and i your phone want a S5230/Tocco,F480 the only on them models is to flash the phone

spitroast
spit roast

Thats to acheive download and i your phone want a S5230/Tocco,F480 the … Thats to acheive download and i your phone want a S5230/Tocco,F480 the only on them models is to flash the phonespitroast

You can also use this method if you wish to download a custom rom to the handset, however, it also acts as a way of doing a Factory Reset if you can't access this facility in the normal manner.

I can assure you 100% I followed this method to sort exactly the same problem described by the OP - I did not download anything but simply did the Factory Reset (Hard Reset). I will try and find the thread that I discovered this information on but it was a few months back - I simply did a Google search for something like "Samsung Galaxy Ace Hard Reset" and "Forgot Password/Pattern Lock for Galaxy Ace/Hard Reset"and found this method and worked within 2 minutes.
OP - if this method doesn't work for you there is another way you can try and access the Factory Reset option - see link below:

droidtricks.blogspot.com/201…tml - just follow the last paragraph that starts "To fix it"
hi ive tried them above and no thing :-(
Download mode will not doing anything this is not a Andriod handset only use download mode when it will not flash normally the only only way to remove this SIM PASSWORD is to flash it,Note to Op S5230 is a Tocco Lite

spitroast
spit roast

Download mode will not doing anything this is not a Andriod handset only … Download mode will not doing anything this is not a Andriod handset only use download mode when it will not flash normally the only only way to remove this SIM PASSWORD is to flash it,Note to Op S5230 is a Tocco Litespitroast

and how can i do this? or is it something i cant do?
I can do it for you flash it with Generic flash files just pay for return postage of your choice

spitroast
spit roast

Download mode will not doing anything this is not a Andriod handset only … Download mode will not doing anything this is not a Andriod handset only use download mode when it will not flash normally the only only way to remove this SIM PASSWORD is to flash it,Note to Op S5230 is a Tocco Litespitroast

Think we might be talking at cross wires here in connection with which model the OP has - I was assuming it was the Samsung Ace S5830 but now see OP has also put S5230.

OP - can you confirm - is it the Galaxy Ace S5830 (Android Phone) or Samsung S5230 (which is the Tocca Lite).

Apologies if I was assuming it was the Ace.
Samsung gt-s5230
sme24185

Samsung gt-s5230

Tocco Lite non Andriod based handset

spitroast
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants