Samsung bargain or ? (75" QLED)

Posted 8th Aug
Stumbled across this in John Lewis today, had a 100 quid voucher to knock of this price ...

The reviews I read on my phone in store were all good so I pulled the trigger ... they deliver Saturday !

What's the view, bargain or should I be spending similar money on something else ?
3521535-LmUxd.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Bargain of the century
As a demo telly, I'd be a little concerned about the fact it's been on for many hours on end, but I supposed unlike OLEDs, QLEDs don't have screen burn which is good.
Don’t think like that
You got a bargain be happy
Who cares if you should have spent that in something else or you could have got it a few pounds cheaper
You can’t make yourself mad
You got a gr8 deal(y)
Bad deal, I paid less than £900 for my 75". QLED/OLED is all nonsense, your eyes can't tell the difference.
deleted1163056
666FU09/08/2020 01:56

Bad deal, I paid less than £900 for my 75". QLED/OLED is all nonsense, …Bad deal, I paid less than £900 for my 75". QLED/OLED is all nonsense, your eyes can't tell the difference.

absolutely not true.

i saw a QLED right next to an OLED in currys (of similar price) and the OLED blew it away.
deleted116305609/08/2020 09:15

absolutely not true.i saw a QLED right next to an OLED in currys (of …absolutely not true.i saw a QLED right next to an OLED in currys (of similar price) and the OLED blew it away.

Until screen burn in appears.........
deleted1163056
TheBiker09/08/2020 09:28

Until screen burn in appears.........

which is largely irrelevant for people who watch varied content (as most home users would) as shown here

deleted116305609/08/2020 09:29

which is largely irrelevant for people who watch varied content (as most …which is largely irrelevant for people who watch varied content (as most home users would) as shown here [Video]

Whatever, it still seems to happen.
666FU09/08/2020 01:56

Bad deal, I paid less than £900 for my 75". QLED/OLED is all nonsense, …Bad deal, I paid less than £900 for my 75". QLED/OLED is all nonsense, your eyes can't tell the difference.

Really ? What model ... I might hunt harder !

I figured with the 5 year warranty and a promise it was mint other than some finger prints that they were gonna clean that it would be trouble free.
Prosamuraiman09/08/2020 01:24

As a demo telly, I'd be a little concerned about the fact it's been on for …As a demo telly, I'd be a little concerned about the fact it's been on for many hours on end, but I supposed unlike OLEDs, QLEDs don't have screen burn which is good.

Well LCDs can get screen burn but you have to really hammer then such as 24/7 commercial use. It virtually never happens at home. (QLED is essentially just a Samsung brand, not a display type).

The Q90R was Samsung's second from top model last year and pretty much the best LCD on the market. Virtually everyone who bought TVs that capable paid more for it than you did.

Whether it's good value to you depends on whether you're going to use that capability. A lot of the cash for high end hardware is focused on HDR support so if the programs you watch are being produced in HDR (and you're paying the extra for that version where applicable) then you'll definitely see a difference compared to a cheaper TV.

If your viewing habits are mostly low quality sources and it's the broadcast/stream rather than the TV dictating the picture quality then you'll see a few benefits like being able to cope better in a bright room but it may have been better value for you to have saved several hundred quid and gone for a cheaper model.
Every time I go in I see something reduced .... Leave it, get home and then change my mind, call the store to try to reserve to find I missed out ... So i figured better to pull the trigger an be able to back out than miss out again ...
Edited by: "NikC" 9th Aug
Post a comment
@
    Text