Samsung cashback help

Found 14th Jan 2013
Hi, i put my claim in on the 4th of November, roughly 30days after purchasing the tablet, but i still havent received settlement? I emailed them early December asking where my claim was up to and i havent had a response, when i track my claim, nothing shows up. Has anyone else had this problem? What do i need to do? Thanks!
Community Updates
MiscCashbackSamsung
36 Comments
They are a nightmare.

I had to get a receipt from John Lewis even though I brought it online via Paypal and had a Paypal receipt.

John Lewis were good and the agent I spoke to said they had alot of customers suffering issues with Samsung and the cashback process.

TBH I nearly gave up but that's what they want you to do so on principal i`m still chasing.

Give them a ring and see what they say?
Will do thanks
i got mine with no problems, cheque cleared and ready to spend.
I'm having problems too... They e-mailed me wanting a photograph of the box/serial numbers which I forwarded to them, then nothing..... ? It does make you wonder why they're p***ing everyone off...
daughter sent off for hers before xmas, never got a tracking, no email or nothing, not looking good
anybody got any contact details please?
sent mine late nov got conf recived my free sd card yesterday just waitin for the money got a letter off samsung
Nightmare here too, never got a confirmation email and I know my details where correct as I took a screen print. So far they are not replying to emails dating back several weeks, I've given up on the cashback.
she never even got a conformation email so think she **** out now, well try and sort it out tomorrow but not looking good

I know i should have done it, she never even took a screenshot
Edited by: "sassie" 14th Jan 2013
actually just wondering whether to try and do it online again, or phone them if they say they have no record she is still with the 60days, just
You can't do it online again, it says something like 'a cashback claim has already been submitted'.

Oh well, lesson learned for me, won't base my decision to purchase on cashback again. Should have gone for the Nexus 7 after all. X)
spaceinvader

You can't do it online again, it says something like 'a cashback claim … You can't do it online again, it says something like 'a cashback claim has already been submitted'. Oh well, lesson learned for me, won't base my decision to purchase on cashback again. Should have gone for the Nexus 7 after all. X)

so if it has already been submitted then they cant really say it hasnt been received, i was just about to buy the samsung washing machine with 5 yr warranty, errrmmmm not sure i will be bothering after everything i have been reading on them and just purchased a tv and blu ray player by them lol
All the hoops Samsung have made us go through to get this cashback is Terrible. I brought a hp microserver and the process for cashback was simple. As for contact details did you guys not get the phone number ? If not I can supply the one they gave me in email. I would supply it now but using hukd on my mobile.
this is the only i can find, 08433 083 776 bet it cost a bomb to phone it and be kept on hold all day
sassie

this is the only i can find, 08433 083 776 bet it cost a bomb to phone … this is the only i can find, 08433 083 776 bet it cost a bomb to phone it and be kept on hold all day

0191 300 0742 This is the alternative number given by saynoto0870, it was in the unverified numbers database so may not be the right one but it's worth a try to save running your phone bill up.
I submitted mine early December, got a confirmation e-mail just after Christmas and the SD card arrived today. Money was transferred to my account by BT a couple of days ago..
darrengrover

I submitted mine early December, got a confirmation e-mail just after … I submitted mine early December, got a confirmation e-mail just after Christmas and the SD card arrived today. Money was transferred to my account by BT a couple of days ago..

can you remember how long till you received the email once you had put in claim, daughter purchased hers on 26/11/2011 so would have claimed around the 12th december ish and still nothing thats well over 2 weeks, she also said they didnt ask for bank details, she did hers online
Edited by: "sassie" 14th Jan 2013
sassie

she also said they didnt ask for bank details, she did hers online

Now this I find very strange. IIRC if you didn`t supply a bank sort code and acc number you had to ring them? Swear that was what it said when I filled mine in.
Edited by: "oddsandmods" 15th Jan 2013
I did mine beginning of December, I got an email saying "claim complete" the next day and then 15 days later got and email saying "claim validated". We bought from Argos so I did think we would need to send a picture as others had, but didn't get asked. We got memory card yesterday, so just waiting on money in the bank now. It will have been 30 days on Friday, but they also say allow another 5 days for BACS. When I did the claim, it asked if you wanted a cheque or bank transfer, when I ticked transfer, it then asked for my bank details.
*Edit* Cashback has gone in today, under opia limited.
Edited by: "manda1" 15th Jan 2013
I dont know how i am going to phone as we dont have a reference number, anybody else phoned that didnt have one
My claim was validated on the 12th December after i had to phone them, thhe guy did it straight away.

My cashback was paid in today.

If you filled out an online form you will wait forever for it to be validated unless you phone them up
souljacker

My claim was validated on the 12th December after i had to phone them, … My claim was validated on the 12th December after i had to phone them, thhe guy did it straight away. My cashback was paid in today. If you filled out an online form you will wait forever for it to be validated unless you phone them up

i dont have a reference number, as she never wrote it down and never received an email
i brought mine from john lewis i got it delivered to store they asked for more proof so i sent them the email i got sent as comformation. my claim was validated on 4th jan just waiting for payment now. I would ring them and speak to someone
after being on hold for half hour finally spoke to someone who then put me on hold for another 10 minutes as they said computer wouldn't load, anyway email now received saying it has been validated, so daughter will be happy in another 3 years when she receives cheque
I am in the same boat as all fo you... When I completed my claim it didn't even give me a reference number, as I definitely would have taken a screen capture. I have had no email confirmation, and have sent them several mails with no reply. Everytime I have called I have given up waiting to speak to someone.

I am seriously thinking we need to take this matter further, has anyone contacted Watchdog? Trading Standards etc?
I just called the alt number and spoke to a lady who said my claims been validated, payment has been made to my bank and should be clear tomorrow, happy days
Just called them, they validated my claim and said i should receive payment within 30days
Put my cashback claim in today got an email straight back with my claims ref number, the waiting game begins
going to ring tmiz got me free men card but no cash strange
Finally got confirmation of my cashback (much later than others who ordered at the same time), still not received a ref number to check but looks like I'm getting it paid into my account soon.
Hi
Go to samsung facebook, post on wall your problem, plus reference number. Someone should get back to you.This would sort out your problem and your claim will be validated and paid within 30 days. I done this worked straight away
WOW!! claim had already been validated put it through on the 20th in 2 days, bought from John Lewis, they didn't ask for any other photos of the tablet itself
vics1712

0191 300 0742 This is the alternative number given by saynoto0870, it … 0191 300 0742 This is the alternative number given by saynoto0870, it was in the unverified numbers database so may not be the right one but it's worth a try to save running your phone bill up.

Just in case anyone's still following this thread, I can confirm that this number stil works. They're now blaming a 'systems error' for the continuing delays!
got paid my cash 3 weeks ago happy days no prob at all
Still waiting for my cash to be paid via bt
Spent £3000 at Christmas 2014,,£250 cash back offer with TV ,, Now in mid June and numerous phone calls and emails later I have been offered £99.99.. Feeling cheated by this offer as it was the main sales tool used in PC world.. Guess where I won't be spending my money this year or ever again
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions