Groups

SAMSUNG CORE PRIME

Bought a new Galaxy Core Prime from a shop up north. Switched it on and got a "Unauthorised Security event error. Sent it back. Got a new one and it was the same. Sent it off to Samsung repair centre after chatting online with Samsung. They have now told me it is beyond economic repair!!!!!! There is a picture of the screen showing some details fo the error. Can anyone tell me what the hell it means...Other than dont buy a phone from a little known shop.

9 Comments

Original Poster

Just trying to upload the pic of the screen

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/4418/DimqPE.jpg
    Edited by: "getmeone" 20th Feb

It's been rooted at some point. Looks like KNOX is triggering. Maybe it's been brought in and badly flashed with some sort of EU firmware if it's a grey import.

You say you bought a "new Galaxy Core Prime"

Obviously not new as it has been rooted and has a custom rom installed. return for a refund

getmeone

Bought a new Galaxy Core Prime from a shop up north. Switched it on … Bought a new Galaxy Core Prime from a shop up north. Switched it on and got a "Unauthorised Security event error. Sent it back. Got a new one and it was the same. Sent it off to Samsung repair centre after chatting online with Samsung. They have now told me it is beyond economic repair!!!!!! There is a picture of the screen showing some details fo the error. Can anyone tell me what the hell it means...Other than dont buy a phone from a little known shop.

Go back to the store and tell them that it has a custom firmware on it and Samsung will not cover you.

getmeone

Bought a new Galaxy Core Prime from a shop up north. Switched it on … Bought a new Galaxy Core Prime from a shop up north. Switched it on and got a "Unauthorised Security event error. Sent it back. Got a new one and it was the same. Sent it off to Samsung repair centre after chatting online with Samsung. They have now told me it is beyond economic repair!!!!!! There is a picture of the screen showing some details fo the error. Can anyone tell me what the hell it means...Other than dont buy a phone from a little known shop.

Go back to the store and tell them that it has a custom firmware on it and Samsung will not cover you.

just flash a stock Rom from samfirmware website and your sorted

zzakzz

just flash a stock Rom from samfirmware website and your sorted

Best advice.

portbhoy3000

Best advice.

​mot really if someone's bought it assuming it's brand new and wants keep the warranty just incase.

Original Poster

MynameisM

​mot really if someone's bought it assuming it's brand new and wants keep … ​mot really if someone's bought it assuming it's brand new and wants keep the warranty just incase.

Thanks for all the comments guys/girls. I bought it for a user who just wants to make calls and surf a little. It was going to be the first untouched NEW phone she has had. Going to go the return route , even though I would probably consider the Stock Rom. Annoyng thing is I have found that the IMEI was originally Vodafone and thats her carrier at the moment!!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2026
      2. BT sport on sky boxes49
      3. Does anybody have a spare now tv entertainment pass please?47
      4. Lidl Memory Foam Mattress1216

See more discussions