Samsung Factory Screen Plastic

Posted 21st Apr
Just wondering if its possible to use a glass screen protector on top of the plastic film that comes on a new samsung handset, if anyone has tried this would be great to hear feedback, cheers
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
Why would you leave the plastic film on?
DaveG4621/04/2020 16:39

Why would you leave the plastic film on?

Extra protection
flameboi21/04/2020 16:39

Extra protection

But aren't you supposed to remove that anyway?
DaveG4621/04/2020 16:42

But aren't you supposed to remove that anyway?

Technically yes but Im being extra cautious as the screen is so delicate and expensive to replace
flameboi21/04/2020 16:43

Technically yes but Im being extra cautious as the screen is so delicate …Technically yes but Im being extra cautious as the screen is so delicate and expensive to replace

Previously I've just removed that film put a screen protector on and not had any issues. Currently have an s9 which hasn't had a protector on at all and its fine
flameboi21/04/2020 16:43

Technically yes but Im being extra cautious as the screen is so delicate …Technically yes but Im being extra cautious as the screen is so delicate and expensive to replace

flameboi21/04/2020 16:39

Extra protection

You'll get no protection from the plastic film. Get rid of it but replace IMMEDIATELY with tempered glass screen protector. Buy more than one and keep the spares.
DaveG4621/04/2020 16:54

Previously I've just removed that film put a screen protector on and not …Previously I've just removed that film put a screen protector on and not had any issues. Currently have an s9 which hasn't had a protector on at all and its fine

Yes I have always done same, just wondering if this is a way to add some extra durability this way if possible.
flameboi21/04/2020 16:55

Yes I have always done same, just wondering if this is a way to add some …Yes I have always done same, just wondering if this is a way to add some extra durability this way if possible.

Wouldn't of thought it would be any good to top anything its so thin and some of it is slightly tinted
The actual plastic film is a screen protector that comes as standard on new Samsungs.
KingNav36021/04/2020 17:31

The actual plastic film is a screen protector that comes as standard on …The actual plastic film is a screen protector that comes as standard on new Samsungs.

Oh I didn’t realise its an actual screen protector, are they durable?
flameboi21/04/2020 17:32

Half decent. They are better than the tempered glass crap that seem to crack if you sneeze on them, not to mention the issues they cause to the fingerprint sensor in screen.

Maybe worth looking at TPU film screen protectors. Cost a little more than the tempered glass, but long lasting, and good protection too. Also worth investing in a decent case too, to protect the corners as thats where most cracks occur from falls.
flameboi21/04/2020 17:32

I'm still using my original S9+ protector after 18 months.
Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell21/04/2020 18:26

I'm still using my original S9+ protector after 18 months.

I have a bad tendency to drop my phones face down, would these factory ones survive that sort of abuse?
flameboi21/04/2020 18:27

I have a bad tendency to drop my phones face down, would these factory …I have a bad tendency to drop my phones face down, would these factory ones survive that sort of abuse?

Unsure. I'm not going to drop it to tell you "yes" or "no"
I'm using a case too. So I'd recommend a case with raised edges at the top and bottom.
The case would offer a bit more drop protection and add extra "grip" to the phone.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions