Samsung G600 IMEI Code blank...help!!

12 replies
Found 15th Feb 2010
Hi

I followed some advice on here for unlocking my Samsung SGH G600...now I think I must have done this wrong because mow I cannot use my phone at all. My IMEI code is just 0s. Does anyone know if I can get this fixed or am I gonna need to buy a new phone?!

Thanks in advance

1. Misc
  2. Samsung
12 Comments

Got this off a site....don't know 100% if its true

If your IMEI is coming up as 00000 0000 000 then your phone is essentially a brick. No codes or new sim cards will change this, plus no phone retailer or mobile unlocking business in your high street is going to go anywhere near it because they will be scared that its a stolen handest.

The only solution is to plead with someone in a mobile phone shop that you followed an idiots advice on the internet and typed the code *#7337# and reset your IMEI and you want it changed to the original IMEI on the back of your handest, or possibly send the phone back to the retailer. Will cost at least £20 to sort this out and allot of hassle im afraid to anyone who has done this.

More....

this guy on eBay will fix it for £12.99 apparently.

Take at look at the item, says he will fix IMEI 0000

item no: 290401714527

If you get stuck i can repair the IMEI for you with the one that belongs to the handset,why do people use these codes! FOC

spitroast

Only the original sim card wont work, i did the same thing and all other networks worked appart from the one it was originally locked to.

dcx_badass;7850714

Not if the IMEI is wiped, the sim card doesn't matter.

must disagree, i had a samung and done the samething, it would work with all other networks but the original one

You can get it fixed,it isn't illegal as you are just getting it put back to what it originally was...NOT changing it

dcx_badass;7853079

You are changing it.

No,it's changed now so you may as well say using the code was illegal,

You're repairing it and reverting it to what it was,that is legal

Banned

Grabbit, its illegal to change the imei and thats whats happened regardless of how it happened you doughnut.

wierdowoss

Grabbit, its illegal to change the imei and thats whats happened … Grabbit, its illegal to change the imei and thats whats happened regardless of how it happened you doughnut.

Repairing the imei isn't illegal,kindly get your facts straight,

This thread has been dead for 5 months anyhow,why resurrect it now,perhaps you'd be better looking closer to home for your sweet pastries

Banned

wierdowoss

Grabbit, its illegal to change the imei and thats whats happened … Grabbit, its illegal to change the imei and thats whats happened regardless of how it happened you doughnut.

Re-programming mobile telephone etc.(1) A person commits an offence … Re-programming mobile telephone etc.(1) A person commits an offence if—(a) he changes a unique device identifier, or(b) he interferes with the operation of a unique device identifier.(2) A unique device identifier is an electronic equipment identifier which is unique to a mobile wireless communications device.(3) But a person does not commit an offence under this section if—(a) he is the manufacturer of the device, or(b) he does the act mentioned in subsection (1) with the written consent of the manufacturer of the device.

Which section of the act allows you to change an imei when its a repair?

That seems pretty clear that the changing of it is illegal and doesn't say anything about unless its for a repair.

EDIT: Oh and

http://assets.head-fi.org/f/fd/fd505517_holy20thread20resurrection.jpg

If you get stuck i can repair the IMEI for you with the one that belongs to the handset,why do people use these codes! FOC

spitroast

Hi Spitroast - G600 nearly to confined to the BIN - locked with a zero'd IMEI. Followed all advice but it seems i need to pay.

spitroast

Hi Spitroast - G600 nearly to confined to the BIN - locked with a zero'd IMEI. Followed all advice but it seems i need to pay.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Can you improve my PC build?44
    2. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed432
    3. Driving anxiety.2226
    4. Toyota verso camera23

See more discussions