Found 31st Oct 2016
Now coming upto Xmas surely deals will be on mobile phones?
I'm after a s7 Edge but don't want to pay more than £30 a month but after decent Internet usage also.
Happy to pay a little upfront to reduce monthly cost but was wondering if a price drop will appear this time of year or am I waiting for for something that won't happen.
Any advice would be appreciated thanks

11 Comments

S8 is due out feb/March time from what I've read so I wouldn't imagine any major drop in price h til then but you never know I guess

I've been monitoring the prices of the S7 edge for a long time now waiting for a price drop (sim free and contracts) and there's not really been anything significant in the last 5-6 months. Best deals out at the moment are Mobiles.co.uk have it on O2 with 3GB data for £26.50pm with £125.00 up front. The death of the Note 7 meant that the S7 and S7 Edge were their main mobile flagships so dropping the price didn't make sense to them. I'm at the point now where you may as well wait for the S8 because that will be the time when you can guarantee a drop off for the S7 Edge.

Original Poster

Thanks so far for this. Might just wait or see if good price sim free will pop up

Have you used an edge variant phone?

After owning the Note 7 with double curves, I'd never buy one again.

valleyboy22

Thanks so far for this. Might just wait or see if good price sim free … Thanks so far for this. Might just wait or see if good price sim free will pop up

if you are doing that its worth waiting for the upgrade program they do (best google that its a lot to explain) but short of it is for @£26 a month you can have the phone and at the end of the 1st year trade it for the new model at no extra cost (unless damage on the existing phone) or keep it and own it out right in another year.

Original Poster

Not heard of the upgrade program. Will look into this thanks. Yes Ben got the s6 edge and like it so that's why I want to upgrade now as had it since it was out

Original Poster

valleyboy22

Not heard of the upgrade program. Will look into this thanks. Yes Ben got … Not heard of the upgrade program. Will look into this thanks. Yes Ben got the s6 edge and like it so that's why I want to upgrade now as had it since it was out

​Says £31 fir the s7 Edge on the program?

As an s7 edge owner, I personally wouldn't buy an edge phone again, go for a phone without the fancy screen as it's just a gimmick and very expensive if you break it, I don't even use the edge features as they are pointless,

westy125

As an s7 edge owner, I personally wouldn't buy an edge phone again, go … As an s7 edge owner, I personally wouldn't buy an edge phone again, go for a phone without the fancy screen as it's just a gimmick and very expensive if you break it, I don't even use the edge features as they are pointless,

exactly what I found.

I am actually glad Samsung recalled the Note 7. Means I got back my £739, bought a note 5 for £380 and got £350 back in my account.

The curve is a gimmick, not needed, and expensive to fix like you say.

benjammin316

Have you used an edge variant phone? After owning the Note 7 with double … Have you used an edge variant phone? After owning the Note 7 with double curves, I'd never buy one again.

​What didn't you like? I thought the screen looked smaller than my Note 4, less useable space due to the curves

Banned

ashdogra69

I've been monitoring the prices of the S7 edge for a long time now … I've been monitoring the prices of the S7 edge for a long time now waiting for a price drop (sim free and contracts) and there's not really been anything significant in the last 5-6 months. Best deals out at the moment are Mobiles.co.uk have it on O2 with 3GB data for £26.50pm with £125.00 up front. The death of the Note 7 meant that the S7 and S7 Edge were their main mobile flagships so dropping the price didn't make sense to them. I'm at the point now where you may as well wait for the S8 because that will be the time when you can guarantee a drop off for the S7 Edge.

ive just ran out on my contract im probably going to wait till march for the s8
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941396
    2. Marmite1823
    3. Krack WiFi vuln1121
    4. UBER can be a waste of money1019

See more discussions