SAMSUNG GALAXY FOLD SIM FREE 4G £1505.99 Delivered @ Unlocked-Mobiles

Posted 18th Sep
unlocked-mobiles.com/sim…tml

Not a bad price, £1100 less than retail, though this is a pre register, and price may go up..

3296341.jpgPower
Samsung have equipped the Galaxy Fold with everything it needs to ensure everything runs smoothly, even when running three apps simultaneously. Powered by a high-powered, next-generation AP chipset and 12GB of RAM with PC-like performance, with a sophisticated dual battery system was specifically engineered to keep up with you. The Galaxy Fold is even capable of charging itself and a second device simultaneously via Samsung’s Wireless PowerShare.

Camera
The Samsung Galaxy Fold disrupts the Mobile Photography market, offering a ground breaking six lenses. There’s three in the back (16MP Ultra Wide Camera,12MP Wide-angle Camera, 12MP Telephoto Camera), two on the inside (10MP Selfie Camera, 8MP RGB Depth Camera) and one on the cover (10MP Selfie Camera). The Galaxy Fold camera system has flexibility built in. Galaxy Fold introduces a new level of multitasking, allowing you to use other apps during a video call.

Do More with Samsung Galaxy Fold
Samsung’s Galaxy Fold is more than a mobile device. Pair with Samsung DeX2 to open the world of opportunities, with more productivity power on a PC-like experience. Enjoy the personal intelligence functionalities of Bixby, the security of Samsung Knox, the convenience of Samsung Pay ad the safety of Samsung Health.

New Hinging Mechanism
The innovative folding display on the Samsung Galaxy Fold does not merely bend, it folds. The display is around 50 percent thinner than the typical smartphone display and folds in an intuitive motion to open smoothly and naturally, like a book. Closing flat and compact, the Samsung Galaxy Fold is engineered with a sophisticated hinge with multiple interlocking gears. This system is housed in a hidden enclosure for a seamless and elegant look.

Industry Changing Folding Display
The Samsung Galaxy Fold features an industry changing 7.3-inch Infinity Flex Display, which folds into a compact device with a 4.6 inches HD+ Super AMOLED Cover Display. Multitask like a pro, on the Galaxy Fold’s Multi-Active Window. You’ll be able to run three apps at once and the App Continuity System will seamlessly adjust these apps when you move between tablet and phone modes. Designed for one handed use, the Samsung Galaxy Fold brings to life new experiences and possibilities years in the making
Community Updates

Groups

30 Comments
I didn't think Unlocked mobiles were allowed on here... Eek, sorry guys

Awkward

Battery
4,380mAh

Camera
Cover camera : 10MP Selfie Camera, F2.2
Rear triple camera : 16MP, 12MP, 12MP

Front Camera
Dual 10MP Selfie Camera, F2.2, 8MP RGB Depth Camera, F1.9

Processor
7nm 64-bit Octa-core processor

RAM
12GB

OS
Android

Display
Main display: 7.3” QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED (4.2:3)
Cover display: 4.6” HD+ Super AMOLED (21:9)

Connectivity
2G, 3G, 4G LTE
Edited by: "MrSwitch" 18th Sep
People will vote cold for the price but noone can deny the level of innovation surrounding this device
Registered, let's see if the price stays that way!
Heat added, very good price for the Fold.
It's good but I'd pay max a grand for this
Errrrrr, no way hosay, I mean MrSwitch. As fantastic as it is, I just cannot justify that kind of money on a mobile.
I work hard for my money, like most on here, £1,500 is extracting the urine for a mobile. Soz
The_Fiend18/09/2019 21:13

It's good but I'd pay max a grand for this

Even if it has 5g built in
Steveyorkie18/09/2019 21:13

Errrrrr, no way hosay, I mean MrSwitch. As fantastic as it is, I just …Errrrrr, no way hosay, I mean MrSwitch. As fantastic as it is, I just cannot justify that kind of money on a mobile. I work hard for my money, like most on here, £1,500 is extracting the urine for a mobile. Soz

hopefully they fixed ALL the major flaws this time round like the screen peeling away and killing it

im all for gadgets but thank you interwebs influencers for breaking them before i broke my bank account on one
The crease will just play tricks on my mind
Just saw a bid on these and they are clearly the future

Errrrrr, no way hosay, I mean MrSwitch. As fantastic as it is, I just …Errrrrr, no way hosay, I mean MrSwitch. As fantastic as it is, I just cannot justify that kind of money on a mobile. I work hard for my money, like most on here, £1,500 is extracting the urine for a mobile. Soz

You can treat yourself sometimes you know
would like to see in the flesh but dont think i'd buy especially at this price as don't believe it's built to last.
I'll just let the glorified beta testers buy this and let Samsung iron out the bugs, glitches and hardware faults in this version, then let them do the same for the next version likely releasing next year, then the next version after that. Only when it's refined will I bother buying into this phone tablet hybrid gimmick.

Very unlikely for first gen tech like this, I couldn't justify buying it either though. Note 10+ 5G costs £1099 so £400 extra for the world's first actually usable foldable phone (Flexpai is rubbish) is not too bad instead of having to buy a tablet and a phone.
Edited by: "jamie15" 18th Sep
MrMaccieKFC18/09/2019 22:57

I'll just let the glorified beta testers buy this and let Samsung iron out …I'll just let the glorified beta testers buy this and let Samsung iron out the bugs, glitches and hardware faults in this version, then let them do the same for the next version likely releasing next year, then the next version after that. Only when it's refined will I bother buying into this phone tablet hybrid gimmick.

I had been waiting for this phone for many years, and was so ready to buy, but when that tiny front display and prices were announced I changed my mind.
jamie1518/09/2019 22:58

I had been waiting for this phone for many years, and was so ready to buy, …I had been waiting for this phone for many years, and was so ready to buy, but when that tiny front display and prices were announced I changed my mind.

That tiny front display is very disappointing, like a 4" screen squeezed into a big block. Samsung could have at least filled up the screen more.
MrMaccieKFC18/09/2019 23:01

That tiny front display is very disappointing, like a 4" screen squeezed …That tiny front display is very disappointing, like a 4" screen squeezed into a big block. Samsung could have at least filled up the screen more.

I wish they did. Huawei Mate X is less durable but that is my dream of a foldable phone. The 'pouch' to protect the phone is worth the hassle.
jamie1518/09/2019 23:02

I wish they did. Huawei Mate X is less durable but that is my dream of a …I wish they did. Huawei Mate X is less durable but that is my dream of a foldable phone. The 'pouch' to protect the phone is worth the hassle.

The Mate X looks far better, but the screen folds outwards meaning that it is far more prone to scratching and other problems. Samsung recommends not to press the touchscreen too hard on the Galaxy Fold, and with the Mate X screen exposed externally to a myriad of things that can poke and squeeze onto the screen, it's more likely to cause problems. Cool concept though.
MrMaccieKFC18/09/2019 23:05

The Mate X looks far better, but the screen folds outwards meaning that it …The Mate X looks far better, but the screen folds outwards meaning that it is far more prone to scratching and other problems. Samsung recommends not to press the touchscreen too hard on the Galaxy Fold, and with the Mate X screen exposed externally to a myriad of things that can poke and squeeze onto the screen, it's more likely to cause problems. Cool concept though.

Yeah that's why it is less durable. I read/heard this somewhere, the Galaxy Fold is a tablet that folds into a phone but the Mate X is a phone that unfolds into a tablet.

I wouldn't buy a Mate X as it's too expensive and I cannot imagine how I could deal with even more bugs on EMUI than before. However, I'd still choose Mate X over Galaxy Fold.
jamie1518/09/2019 23:07

Yeah that's why it is less durable. I read/heard this somewhere, the …Yeah that's why it is less durable. I read/heard this somewhere, the Galaxy Fold is a tablet that folds into a phone but the Mate X is a phone that unfolds into a tablet. I wouldn't buy a Mate X as it's too expensive and I cannot imagine how I could deal with even more bugs on EMUI than before. However, I'd still choose Mate X over Galaxy Fold.

I would be surprised if Mate X has full Google app support, the Mate 30 Pro (which looks fantastic btw from the recent leaks and is specced to the max) that is being revealed in Germany tomorrow is confirmed not to receive Google support and is receiving forked Android (Harmony OS in China).
Where is this?
Shouldn't it be in the deals forum??
Rather get the Huawei fold, looks like a much more thorough design.
MrMaccieKFC18/09/2019 23:16

I would be surprised if Mate X has full Google app support, the Mate 30 …I would be surprised if Mate X has full Google app support, the Mate 30 Pro (which looks fantastic btw from the recent leaks and is specced to the max) that is being revealed in Germany tomorrow is confirmed not to receive Google support and is receiving forked Android (Harmony OS in China).

Yes it won't, but Huawei and Google are not planning to block sideloading so it would take 10 minutes to get Play Store probably, if not APK Mirror is fine. Only major loss would be the lack of a mobile payments solution unless Huawei surprise us with a massive Huawei Pay expansion.

Since Mate X was technically already announced, it may have Android 10, but I doubt it will as it hasn't fully launched.

Thanks for the launch event reminder, I completely forgot
Edited by: "jamie15" 19th Sep
It's a marvelous bit of technology but I still think this will wear out far quicker than a regular phone (good news for manufacturers who are seeking new ways to make us replace perfectly good phones more quickly) - any pocket dust/fluff/grit that gets shut between the screens will surely damage/wear/scratch the plastic coated screen quite quickly.

I do like this tech but I think many will be quickly upset when the inevitable damage to screens occurs on their shiny new device after a small coin, key or a piece of chicken mcnugget gets shut in between. The magnets might also attract more tiny bits of metal...probably not a phone for blacksmiths
Edited by: "spannerzone" 19th Sep
spannerzone19/09/2019 10:04

It's a marvelous bit of technology but I still think this will wear out …It's a marvelous bit of technology but I still think this will wear out far quicker than a regular phone (good news for manufacturers who are seeking new ways to make us replace perfectly good phones more quickly) - any pocket dust/fluff/grit that gets shut between the screens will surely damage/wear/scratch the plastic coated screen quite quickly.I do like this tech but I think many will be quickly upset when the inevitable damage to screens occurs on their shiny new device after a small coin, key or a piece of chicken mcnugget gets shut in between. The magnets might also attract more tiny bits of metal...probably not a phone for blacksmiths

I think foldables could do very well, but at the moment the product is not refined enough. Reminds me of Galaxy Note Edge, that edge was completely useless but now it has improved so much!
I just booked an appointment to have a hands on with the Galaxy Fold next week, can't wait!
jamie1521/09/2019 17:12

I just booked an appointment to have a hands on with the Galaxy Fold next …I just booked an appointment to have a hands on with the Galaxy Fold next week, can't wait!

Wow, let us know what it's like.
MrSwitch21/09/2019 19:44

Wow, let us know what it's like.

Of course I'm going to Samsung KX but it's also available in Samsung Experience Stores and selected EE stores to view. I can imagine there will be some sort of queue though so better to book a one on one appointment and have a proper look
I don't think Unlocked Mobiles will ever get stock of this. This is a very limited run phone and will only be sold at Samsung Experience Stores, Harrods, and Selfridges.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants