Samsung Galaxy NOTE 10 coming in 4 different variants with 2 5G models very soon!

25 Comments
I reckon it will be just 3. As two 5G variants are mentioned, it will only be 1 per region really (probably not even differentiated as separate products at the event).

Then there will be one standard Note 10, and a Note 10 Plus.
Weren't the last rumour a button-less design? (No power, Bixby or volume rocker).

I'm curious when the S range will start using a no front camera design like the A80.
kos1c14/04/2019 09:05

Weren't the last rumour a button-less design? (No power, Bixby or volume …Weren't the last rumour a button-less design? (No power, Bixby or volume rocker). I'm curious when the S range will start using a no front camera design like the A80.

I really do like the front camera idea on the A80, as I struggle to take selfies with the rear camera, would seem to make that so much easier.

However I'm not sure if you could get any case for it? Hopefully by the time the Note 10 comes out the design will be perfected and cases being made better to fit that.
Bob246011 m ago

I really do like the front camera idea on the A80, as I struggle to take …I really do like the front camera idea on the A80, as I struggle to take selfies with the rear camera, would seem to make that so much easier.However I'm not sure if you could get any case for it? Hopefully by the time the Note 10 comes out the design will be perfected and cases being made better to fit that.

Oh yeah. I didn't think about the problem with a case.

We'll soon have under glass cameras. So should be alright in a year's time.
Hopefully a bit bigger screen too. Love the note series
Bob2460114/04/2019 09:27

I really do like the front camera idea on the A80, as I struggle to take …I really do like the front camera idea on the A80, as I struggle to take selfies with the rear camera, would seem to make that so much easier...

Alternate option: Stop taking selfies. You must know what you look like by now!
fanpages39 m ago

Alternate option: Stop taking selfies. You must know what you look like …Alternate option: Stop taking selfies. You must know what you look like by now!

Haha, not normally just of myself, mainly of us as a family in the picture. But yeah I guess I should know what they look like too
4 variants sounds like a combination of Exynos and SnapDragon units.
Kinda pointless buying 5G now since it won't start rolling out till at least late late 2020
Norseg15/04/2019 09:32

Kinda pointless buying 5G now since it won't start rolling out till at …Kinda pointless buying 5G now since it won't start rolling out till at least late late 2020

Not completely pointless if you are on a 2 year contract or won't upgrade your phone in 2020.
fanpages14th Apr

Alternate option: Stop taking selfies. You must know what you look like …Alternate option: Stop taking selfies. You must know what you look like by now!

Brilliant!!
Norseg2 h, 49 m ago

Kinda pointless buying 5G now since it won't start rolling out till at …Kinda pointless buying 5G now since it won't start rolling out till at least late late 2020

It's rolled.. the issue in the EU / UK will now be if the provider of the back haul 2.6 New Radio hardware is blocked from use!!
bozo00719 h, 33 m ago

4 variants sounds like a combination of Exynos and SnapDragon units.

I understand it will be 3 SD's and one Exynos, but the modem SOC may also be going down the road of Ericsson's path!!
jamie1515/04/2019 12:16

Not completely pointless if you are on a 2 year contract or won't upgrade …Not completely pointless if you are on a 2 year contract or won't upgrade your phone in 2020.

It brings up the price 5G by a lot, The 5G won't be needed to late 2020 so it's best if you just got a 5G phone when the time comes
Best imo to just wait to upgrade since if you get a 5G phone now it will be useless and by time it's rolled out your phone will be 1-2 models out of date
Norseg15/04/2019 12:23

It brings up the price 5G by a lot, The 5G won't be needed to late 2020 so …It brings up the price 5G by a lot, The 5G won't be needed to late 2020 so it's best if you just got a 5G phone when the time comesBest imo to just wait to upgrade since if you get a 5G phone now it will be useless and by time it's rolled out your phone will be 1-2 models out of date

5G is already available in certain places, if you live near there then there is no reason to wait.
jamie1515/04/2019 12:25

5G is already available in certain places, if you live near there then …5G is already available in certain places, if you live near there then there is no reason to wait.

Where? Not in the UK
Maybe if you're planning to go on Holiday to South Korea
Edited by: "Norseg" 15th Apr
Norseg15/04/2019 12:27

Where? Not in the UKMaybe if you're planning to go on Holiday to South …Where? Not in the UKMaybe if you're planning to go on Holiday to South Korea

Yes in the UK. It is being trialled in Oxford Street and CSM by Three, areas in Birmingham/Manchester for Vodafone etc.

By the end of this year, 5G is rolling out to full cities in the UK by all major networks.
Norseg8 m ago

Where? Not in the UKMaybe if you're planning to go on Holiday to South …Where? Not in the UKMaybe if you're planning to go on Holiday to South Korea

Would love to use that as an excuse to go back to Seoul !!!
deleted25418014/04/2019 10:39

Hopefully a bit bigger screen too. Love the note series

6.75" screen so going to be interesting as to what panel it is, as there are only a few in production that size with qhd+ Res!!
jamie1515/04/2019 12:32

Yes in the UK. It is being trialled in Oxford Street and CSM by Three, …Yes in the UK. It is being trialled in Oxford Street and CSM by Three, areas in Birmingham/Manchester for Vodafone etc.By the end of this year, 5G is rolling out to full cities in the UK by all major networks.

A Couple streets by certain providers isn't a roll out it's a test area

Also where is CSM?
..oh and I just checked this claim, only 6 cities for most of the providers probably all the same city so that only covers what 0.5% of the population by the end of the year
It's not even the whole city it's just certain parts
Norseg15/04/2019 12:38

A Couple streets by certain providers isn't a roll out it's a test area …A Couple streets by certain providers isn't a roll out it's a test area Also where is CSM?..oh and I just checked this claim, only 6 cities for most of the providers probably all the same city so that only covers what 0.5% of the population by the end of the yearIt's not even the whole city it's just certain parts

If you live/pass that area regularly, then getting a 5G phone now makes sense.
jamie1515/04/2019 12:44

If you live/pass that area regularly, then getting a 5G phone now makes …If you live/pass that area regularly, then getting a 5G phone now makes sense.

Maybe by the end of the year but right now there is no real 5G coverage
Also where did you hear about 5G being launched in Oxford Street currently I can't find any speeds or much information about from one video saying there is towers but no speed tests and it wasn't exactly a credible source

Also your argument is for some it may be worth it in areas what don't even cover 1% of the countries land..at the end of the year
Cool, i'll probably go for the 5g model if it has other features that differentiate it from the normal model, will be handy having 1tb of space. I am hoping for a ceramic back option too like the S10.
Norseg15/04/2019 12:49

Maybe by the end of the year but right now there is no real 5G …Maybe by the end of the year but right now there is no real 5G coverageAlso where did you hear about 5G being launched in Oxford Street currently I can't find any speeds or much information about from one video saying there is towers but no speed tests and it wasn't exactly a credible sourceAlso your argument is for some it may be worth it in areas what don't even cover 1% of the countries land..at the end of the year

I think what Jamie is saying is it makes no difference if you get one now, in 6 months time or 14 months time, 5G NR is 5G NR no matter what devices throat it is being stuffed down!!

Having seen both mapped 5G and live 5G speeds, even I was blown away at the progress that Siemens and Ericsson's build out network solutions teams have been up to!

I said, with confidence over 6 months ago, when others 'd the idea that 5G would never be in a device modem in a smartphone, let alone live on 3 of the 4 frequency channels it's on now in the UK, fixed dsl, vdsl, fiber, is done, unless the telephone companies and BT start offering 80mbps fiber for free, like sky do with their old core client base customers who have a skyq / skyhd setup, it's game over for them, they either adapt to 5G & 6G technology speeds coming or they are knackered!!
bitcoin539 m ago

I think what Jamie is saying is it makes no difference if you get one now, …I think what Jamie is saying is it makes no difference if you get one now, in 6 months time or 14 months time, 5G NR is 5G NR no matter what devices throat it is being stuffed down!!Having seen both mapped 5G and live 5G speeds, even I was blown away at the progress that Siemens and Ericsson's build out network solutions teams have been up to!I said, with confidence over 6 months ago, when others 'd the idea that 5G would never be in a device modem in a smartphone, let alone live on 3 of the 4 frequency channels it's on now in the UK, fixed dsl, vdsl, fiber, is done, unless the telephone companies and BT start offering 80mbps fiber for free, like sky do with their old core client base customers who have a skyq / skyhd setup, it's game over for them, they either adapt to 5G & 6G technology speeds coming or they are knackered!!

It does matter since most won't need it till a year or two buy than most phones will probably have 5G so the prices will be cheaper
The point I'm trying to make is by time most will use the 5G the phone will be dated so they're probably going to have to upgrade

It's the price difference what's the issue it adds like $200-300 USD extra (convert that to GBP if you wish) to the price
That's going to go to waste, ill stand by what I said, stick with a 4G phone than upgrade when 5G is in your area in 1-2 years
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions