Samsung Galaxy note 10 plus 5g or Apple iphone 11 pro Max

Posted 17th NovEdited by:"dtlewis28"
Hello everyone its just a quick question to get some people's views and thourghts if possible please on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5G 256gb Or the Apple Iphone Pro max 64gb

I have this evening sold my Iphone XS Max after ordering a galaxy note 10 plus 5g on fantastic deal with O2. I will be paying the handset off in full and ending the contract as soon as its delivered on monday via o2 refresh.

I have also managed to get the galaxy note 10 plus 5g for only £849 with a free Oculus go VR package worth over £200 so a fantastic price considering the phone is worth £1100 sim free on its own

I have been watching lots of videos on youtube etc and it's all so confusing but the amount of videos showing people going back to apple after a few weeks or months is unbelievable. I am also aware apple pay a lot of people on youtube to do these videos etc so it's a hard one to call

The Iphone 11 pro max is £1200 to purchase outright which seems madness and is a easy £350 + difference in price to the galaxy note, but i also know apple products hold their value

Has anyone on here made the change from a iphone to the note 10 and whats your thoughts ?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Pointless comparison. How can the typical user tolerate silly low 64GB?
Both have pros and cons
deleted2172605
Do you have any paid apps in the apple app store , or google play?
If so it might be worth sticking with the one you've given the most money to.

64GB seems pretty pants especially when you can't stick a memory card in there. On the other hand, I can live fine with it as all my photos and videos get backed up to google, and if I want the full resolution ones I can always copy them to my computer every few months.

5G would be great, as long as you are in an area that can actually get it. I can, and i'm on a contract that includes 5G so it was worth it for me to get a 5G phone. Of course, as you are probably aware, there are no 5G iPhones (yet) I have an S10 5G and while not the same as the note, it's an amazing phone. I think asking here is going to give 50/50 android fans vs iphone fans. But obviously comparing those two, to me at least, you're gettting a much better deal with the Samsung.
deleted217260517/11/2019 03:00

Do you have any paid apps in the apple app store , or google play? If so …Do you have any paid apps in the apple app store , or google play? If so it might be worth sticking with the one you've given the most money to.64GB seems pretty pants especially when you can't stick a memory card in there. On the other hand, I can live fine with it as all my photos and videos get backed up to google, and if I want the full resolution ones I can always copy them to my computer every few months. 5G would be great, as long as you are in an area that can actually get it. I can, and i'm on a contract that includes 5G so it was worth it for me to get a 5G phone. Of course, as you are probably aware, there are no 5G iPhones (yet) I have an S10 5G and while not the same as the note, it's an amazing phone. I think asking here is going to give 50/50 android fans vs iphone fans. But obviously comparing those two, to me at least, you're gettting a much better deal with the Samsung.

Thank you for the detailed reply I’m very grateful I agree with everything you have said my iPhone XS Maxwas 64GB and was plenty for me as I back everything up on the laptop and BT cloud Storage.

5g I’m not really bothered about it’s just it was cheaper to buy the 5g version over the standard version and worth a little more should I want to sell in the future

I think I will just take the risk and try the note and see how I get on with it for the money like you said it’s a much deal and a lovely phone

thank you
deleted2172605
dtlewis2817/11/2019 03:13

Thank you for the detailed reply I’m very grateful I agree with everything …Thank you for the detailed reply I’m very grateful I agree with everything you have said my iPhone XS Maxwas 64GB and was plenty for me as I back everything up on the laptop and BT cloud Storage. 5g I’m not really bothered about it’s just it was cheaper to buy the 5g version over the standard version and worth a little more should I want to sell in the future I think I will just take the risk and try the note and see how I get on with it for the money like you said it’s a much deal and a lovely phone thank you

No problem. I'm sure you'll find it meets or exceeds your expectations. When you start to look at it from a price vs hardware spec point of view it makes a lot more sense. And with 5G even if you don't get it today, your phone is more future proof than one that isn't. I had every iphone from the 3g, 3gs, up to 4 and even had work give me a 5 but moved over to Samsung and had the S6,-S10. And the S10 has been fantastic. Amazing camera, dual sim, fast as anything else on the market etc. I think people who go iPhone > Android and then run back screaming are a bit weird personally.
AndyRoyd17/11/2019 02:53

Pointless comparison. How can the typical user tolerate silly low 64GB?

When I had a 32gb phone I never went anywhere near the limit. Still don’t use more now. Down to bad house keeping....
Only you will know if you like the Samsung once you have used it. Everyone’s experience is personal and what they are use to, it works both ways some people move from android to Apple then go back to android and vice versa...

Apart from the os you won’t notice any difference in performance between the flagship phones, it’s all benchmarks which don’t mean much to the average user and naked eye even if the phones were side by side....
Bargainhead17/11/2019 06:00

When I had a 32gb phone I never went anywhere near the limit. Still don’t u …When I had a 32gb phone I never went anywhere near the limit. Still don’t use more now. Down to bad house keeping....

You probably don't fit the demographic of a typical user, and certainly not even a casual gamer, down to bad minimal installation...
Did you get this deal through the 02 sale currently on ?
AndyRoyd17/11/2019 06:08

You probably don't fit the demographic of a typical user, and certainly …You probably don't fit the demographic of a typical user, and certainly not even a casual gamer, down to bad minimal installation...

A few games some photos a few movies off Netflix, I just Don’t keep stuff on what I don’t use... I find a lot of people just store stuff they don’t need.

gaming is for pc or Xbox, switch now and again...
OP, you wrote 230 words in your opening statement.
You said nothing about how, why and what you use the phone for and what your personal thoughts for change are. There are big differences and big common areas between the two.
Since there is nothing said in your opening statement, your choice of Samsung is good.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants