Expired

Samsung galaxy s stuck on boot screen.

Found 17th Nov 2010
My samsung galaxy s keeps getting stuck on the boot screen.I've rooted the phone about a month ago and have the one click lag fix but now its stopped working.How dould i fix this.

I cant enter recovery mode using the volume up mehtod.

14 Comments

Send it back. My mates did this three times.

Original Poster

Adam2050

Send it back. My mates did this three times.

Damn is there no other way to fix it anyone.

My auntys did yesterday,send it back

Original Poster

how many days does it take for them to fix it?

don't know, probably 5-7 working days?

Original Poster

Dman only got my contract today wanted to use it on my galaxy.

Is there no way of fixing this without sending it to samsung

Original Poster

Anyone know how ti fix it?

Original Poster

Called up samsung and they told me to send it to nearest repair center which isnt far away.But will the say anythign about the fact i rooted it ?

Banned

Will the say anythign about the fact i rooted it ?

I feel that way about my phone too (its a sexy beast), but I'd never admit I'd done that on a shopping forum!

Original Poster

guv

I feel that way about my phone too (its a sexy beast), but I'd never … I feel that way about my phone too (its a sexy beast), but I'd never admit I'd done that on a shopping forum!

lool

First thing's first - you shouldn't have rooted the device before ensuring that the 3BR was working properly. Had you done this, you could have entered Recovery Mode and reset the device.

Do NOT tell them you rooted the device - it's an automatic warranty loss. Tell them you connected it via Kies to perform an update that was available. Then you noticed the "phone wasn't working".

The fact that you rooted the device before ensuring 3BR was enabled just shows you were gambling with a £500 device. Most Galaxy S devices from August inwards were shipped from Samsung without 3BR meaning that this needed to be enabled first.

When you hand it over to get repaired, explain that you NEED the latest firmware, which I believe is JPM (check out sam-firmwares) to enable 3BR back to the device.

The bootloader needs to be reinstalled from the firmware.

If you have no joy, or they fix it but it's still without the bootloader which you need, get in contact with me, as I can sort it out for you (PM me).

Good luck!
Edited by: "SamuraiHQ" 18th Nov 2010

Original Poster

SamuraiHQ

First thing's first - you shouldn't have rooted the device before … First thing's first - you shouldn't have rooted the device before ensuring that the 3BR was working properly. Had you done this, you could have entered Recovery Mode and reset the device.Do NOT tell them you rooted the device - it's an automatic warranty loss. Tell them you connected it via Kies to perform an update that was available. Then you noticed the "phone wasn't working".The fact that you rooted the device before ensuring 3BR was enabled just shows you were gambling with a £500 device. Most Galaxy S devices from August inwards were shipped from Samsung without 3BR meaning that this needed to be enabled first.When you hand it over to get repaired, explain that you NEED the latest firmware, which I believe is JPM (check out sam-firmwares) to enable 3BR back to the device.The bootloader needs to be reinstalled from the firmware.If you have no joy, or they fix it but it's still without the bootloader which you need, get in contact with me, as I can sort it out for you (but I will require payment as it's not a 5 min job).Good luck!

Hi thanks for the info.Sent it to a samsungrepair center and told them it just didnt work.They never asked any info really apart form the fact that they told me they will fix it as long as it is not water damaged.

Hi thanks for the info.Sent it to a samsungrepair center and told them it … Hi thanks for the info.Sent it to a samsungrepair center and told them it just didnt work.They never asked any info really apart form the fact that they told me they will fix it as long as it is not water damaged.

Depends how hard u been crying about it then..

isn't there a recovery mode then?
Edited by: "jayjayuk1234" 18th Nov 2010

Original Poster

Depends how hard u been crying about it then..isn't there a recovery mode … Depends how hard u been crying about it then..isn't there a recovery mode then?

some galaxy s didnt come with it hopefully they will fix it.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.