Expired

Samsung Galaxy S4 - Region Locked

6 replies
Found 6th Jul 2014
Hi,

My dad bought a S4 last year in the UK. It is the EU model and Unlocked for EU use.

When he got back to China it worked until the KitKat update then it became region locked.

We have tried several 5 - 10 minute calls on several sim's in the EU and China and it will not unlock the region lock.

I have looked around and people have suggested going into service mode by punching in a bunch of numbers, doesn't work.

Also looked at region lock away, I wan't to avoid rooting for the time being.

It was manufactured after July and is therefore region locked.

Has anyone solved this issue?

Thanks.

Mitch.

6 Comments

Ee cannot unlock it?

Original Poster

nedford

Ee cannot unlock it?

It isn't locked by the carrier, it was region locked by Samsung, who so far give 0 **** about anything.

They suggested to my dad to make a phone call with a UK sim card for 5 minutes~, that did absolutely nothing with regards to lifting the region lock.

Original Poster

Bump.

Depending on the Baseband version, you may be able to unlock - although I have a bad feeling the upgrade to KitKat may have changed your baseband version. I'm guessing this is what you may have tried, but just in case, see the below link for details on how to unlock:

forum.xda-developers.com/sho…683

Edited by: "theyiddo" 9th Jul 2014

Not sure if you've solved this yet but I suspect you just need to flash firmware for your region using sammobile.com/fir…es/ and the application Odin 3.09.

I did the same for a friend who had a Polish S4. I installed the UK EE firmware and that got it working.

PM me if you need more info on how to do it

Original Poster

nyasham

Not sure if you've solved this yet but I suspect you just need to flash … Not sure if you've solved this yet but I suspect you just need to flash firmware for your region using http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ and the application Odin 3.09.I did the same for a friend who had a Polish S4. I installed the UK EE firmware and that got it working. PM me if you need more info on how to do it

Yeah I got it working, had to root it and use region lock away app.

Thanks for your comment.
Edited by: "MitchellT" 12th Jul 2014
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. A dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G33
    2. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G22
    3. How Much are CEX offering for SNES mini?2638
    4. 43 inch 4k tv that is uhd 10bit59

See more discussions