Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Network Locked on Vodafone???

Found 5th Jun 2015
I am thinking of upgrading to the Galaxy S6 Edge and was wondering for those who have it on Vodafone can confirm if the phone is network locked or not as I was thinking of giving it to the Missus who is on O2...as always will much appreciate feedback from you lovely fellow hukd'ers! Thanks!
Community Updates
11 Comments
As far as I'm aware Vodafone don't lock their contract mobiles anymore. They also (previously) offered a free unlock service via their website for any handsets that were locked...
Original Poster
IndianaBlues

As far as I'm aware Vodafone don't lock their contract mobiles anymore. … As far as I'm aware Vodafone don't lock their contract mobiles anymore. They also (previously) offered a free unlock service via their website for any handsets that were locked...

My galaxy S4 from them was unlocked...but I searched online for any info and some say its unlocked and some say it isn't...
rimz790

My galaxy S4 from them was unlocked...but I searched online for any info … My galaxy S4 from them was unlocked...but I searched online for any info and some say its unlocked and some say it isn't...

You might be right, ignore my previous comment - apologies. They made a big song and dance about all their contract phones being unlocked, or unlockable for free, when I was last with them 3-4 years ago. It would seem since then they've removed that from their website:
https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/
It'll cost £19.99 if it is locked to unlock it.
I got (edge) on contract two weeks ago they came locked I had to pay extra nearly 6 quid to get it unlocked on flebay.
Not once in 17 years have I had a device from Vodafone that has been supplied unlocked.
Yes it is locked. I got one a month ago and just tried to put another sim in it.
Banned
Locked, I got mine two days ago,
Original Poster
shauneco

Not once in 17 years have I had a device from Vodafone that has been … Not once in 17 years have I had a device from Vodafone that has been supplied unlocked.

I gave my Galaxy S4 to my wife who is on O2 and her sim worked straight off...
rimz790

I gave my Galaxy S4 to my wife who is on O2 and her sim worked straight … I gave my Galaxy S4 to my wife who is on O2 and her sim worked straight off...

I recall Vodafone a few years ago suggesting they were going to supply contract mobiles unlocked, However I guess they changed their conditions.
Phones supplied from Vodafone directly nearly always come locked (my Galaxy S6 I received a month a go was). Got an unlock code for £6 from ebay and now is fully unlocked. Likewise the handset supplied by Vodafone also runs a firmware with their bloat ware.

Vodafone will unlock the handset for free after 12 month of continuous service (so I was told).

Phones taken on contract from a third party company (CPW, Mobiles.co.uk etc) on the Vodafone network are always unbranded and unlocked handsets.

Edited by: "ChrisKaru" 6th Jun 2015
Original Poster
I am looking to upgrade to the s6 edge which I want to give to my wife as I used her upgrade to get the note 4 for me. I've had my contract for around 24 months now, so I should get it unlocked for free as on the Vodafone website it says if I've had my plan for less than 12 months it will cost £20.

Are the eBay phone unlocking code providers legit? I mean I don't want to have the phone barred or anything after a certain period of time...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions