Groups

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge warranty?

Right then, I have bought a Samsung galaxy S7 edge from cash generator and it has the black dot on the screen just under the front camera. camera works perfectly fine though so does everything else. will Samsung cover this black dot on the warranty as it seems to be a common problem on the edges? also do you have to be the original owner of the phone and have the original receipt to be valid for cover under Samsung warranty?

Any help would mean a lot. Thank you.

11 Comments

you need to be the original owner

my last Samsung I was not the original one who bought it but brought to Samsung shop told me they give Samsung 2 year warranty and they took my details and fixed phone no charge

Warranty transfers but without proof of purchase, they use serial number.

They have a 2 year warranty as standard.

With regards to whether they'll repair it, you'll have to ask.

Original Poster

love my boots

my last Samsung I was not the original one who bought it but brought to … my last Samsung I was not the original one who bought it but brought to Samsung shop told me they give Samsung 2 year warranty and they took my details and fixed phone no charge

Thanks. How long did the repair take when you took it into store?​

Original Poster

jimbo001

Warranty transfers but without proof of purchase, they use serial number. … Warranty transfers but without proof of purchase, they use serial number. They have a 2 year warranty as standard. With regards to whether they'll repair it, you'll have to ask.

​Warranty transfers but without proof of purchase.

What do you mean?

im sure samsung has the warranty period based on serial numbers... never had to provide my receipt for any of their products

You need a proof of purchase from the original owner, if you dont have that its entirely discretionary. They would usually do it from the serial number (if the proof is missing) to be fair, but all they know is when they sold it to the retailer who would have sold it some time later to the original owner, that could be months different.

They will then always have to assume the warranty started from the date they have (the sale to the original retailer).
    Its part of the reason any any secondhand item is resold for less.

they never asked me for proof of purchase. the phone has been out less than a year so they all under warranty. what i found weird was that samsung wouldnt take responsibility during transit if my phone was lost or damaged.

Original Poster

Dosent make sense that lol

Never been asked to show proof of purchase either.

Just had mine repaired twice, they go off serial number. No questions asked about place of purchase.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media - what is a good price?39
      2. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2853
      3. Tenant rights for failing agreement to replace carpets1021
      4. Is this a Nespresso capsules compatible machine?11

See more discussions