Samsung Galaxy S8

Found 21st Jun 2017
What is better about the s8 than the s7/s7 edge?
Is it worth buying? What is so good about it?
How much is it really worth?
Community Updates
15 Comments
S8 v S7edge

And you are asking for a fight by asking this lot "what is better..." ;-)
Andybro

S8 v S7edgeAnd you are asking for a fight by asking this lot "what is … S8 v S7edgeAnd you are asking for a fight by asking this lot "what is better..." ;-)

no
Screens bigger on the s7 edge.
Having had both, the main differences for me are;

- UI is smoother and easier to use
- Larger / better screen

I am sure there are tons of other reasons but these are the main ones for me.
I'm really weighing up the option of a standard Galaxy S7 after being disappointed in the OnePlus 5.

I saw a Galaxy S7 Edge on Tescos Ebay outlet for £350 with 12 months warranty, but it was pink gold (I would have snapped it up if it was plain gold or silver).
Edited by: "Dragon32" 21st Jun 2017
Dragon32

I'm really weighing up the option of a standard Galaxy S7 after being … I'm really weighing up the option of a standard Galaxy S7 after being disappointed in the OnePlus 5. I saw a Galaxy S7 Edge on Tescos Ebay outlet for £350 with 12 months warranty, but it was pink gold (I would have snapped it up if it was plain gold or silver).

Sorry to gatecrash this thread but may I ask why were you disappointed with the OnePlus 5? I was thinking about buying a OnePlus phone, among other options ..

Btw was the Galaxy S7 Edge that you saw on Tesco's eBay outlet store in brand new condition?

Thanks if you get time to reply but no probs if not !
Over.The.Knee

Sorry to gatecrash this thread but may I ask why were you disappointed … Sorry to gatecrash this thread but may I ask why were you disappointed with the OnePlus 5? I was thinking about buying a OnePlus phone, among other options ..Btw was the Galaxy S7 Edge that you saw on Tesco's eBay outlet store in brand new condition?Thanks if you get time to reply but no probs if not !

​Hi there,

The main reasons I was disappointed in the OnePlus 5 were:

No design change to the 3T so still massive bezels (want a phone with a large screen without too much bulk).

Was rumored to have a 4,000mah battery, but only has a 3,300mah battery (less than the 3T it replaces).

No waterproofing which my Galaxy S5 has (always handy if not for water for steamy bathrooms).

Heard rumors it may have a 2k screen, but only had a HD screen (not too much of a problem for most, but I occasionally use my phone for VR).

Also it only has CAT12 for 4G and some other phones have CAT16 which I've heard is better for speed in congested areas.

I may have been tempted with the OnePlus 5 if it was £450 for the 128gb version, but £500 is too much for myself to warrant with not having all the features I was looking for.

The Galaxy S7 Edge (Pink gold) on the Tesco Ebay Store I believe was refurbished and was £350 with 12 months warranty.
Here is the link to the Galaxy S7 on Tescos Ebay store.

Seems like a good deal to me and would have snapped it up if it was not pink.

m.ebay.co.uk/itm…3A1
Dragon32

Hi there, The main reasons I was disappointed in the OnePlus 5 were:No … Hi there, The main reasons I was disappointed in the OnePlus 5 were:No design change to the 3T so still massive bezels (want a phone with a large screen without too much bulk). Was rumored to have a 4,000mah battery, but only has a 3,300mah battery (less than the 3T it replaces). No waterproofing which my Galaxy S5 has (always handy if not for water for steamy bathrooms). Heard rumors it may have a 2k screen, but only had a HD screen (not too much of a problem for most, but I occasionally use my phone for VR). Also it only has CAT12 for 4G and some other phones have CAT16 which I've heard is better for speed in congested areas. I may have been tempted with the OnePlus 5 if it was £450 for the 128gb version, but £500 is too much for myself to warrant with not having all the features I was looking for. The Galaxy S7 Edge (Pink gold) on the Tesco Ebay Store I believe was refurbished and was £350 with 12 months warranty.

Dragon32

Here is the link to the Galaxy S7 on Tescos Ebay store. Seems like a good … Here is the link to the Galaxy S7 on Tescos Ebay store. Seems like a good deal to me and would have snapped it up if it was not pink. :Dhttp://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-Edge-32GB-Smartphone-Pink-Gold-5-5-Display-Unlocked-SIM-Free-/352089069527?hash=item51fa24d7d7%3Ag%3AyzMAAOSwyltZQq7S&_trkparms=pageci%253A59507f8e-568b-11e7-8f76-74dbd180f880%257Cparentrq%253Acafd479815c0a861a0834e0ffff97551%257Ciid%253A1

Thanks so much for your quick, comprehensive and very helpful replies ! Very much appreciated !

I want to upvote all your replies but HUKD will allow me to upvote only one of them, so I've upvoted your first one - thanks again!
Tried both the s8 and s7 today in cpw, and to be honest, the S7 felt better. I can't get on with fingerprint scanner or missing home button on the S8. If I could only find a decent 64gb Galaxy Note 5 with a warranty.
Over.The.Knee

Thanks so much for your quick, comprehensive and very helpful replies ! … Thanks so much for your quick, comprehensive and very helpful replies ! Very much appreciated !I want to upvote all your replies but HUKD will allow me to upvote only one of them, so I've upvoted your first one - thanks again!

​No problem.

Thanks Mark.
Over.The.Knee

Thanks so much for your quick, comprehensive and very helpful replies ! … Thanks so much for your quick, comprehensive and very helpful replies ! Very much appreciated !I want to upvote all your replies but HUKD will allow me to upvote only one of them, so I've upvoted your first one - thanks again!

​No problem.

Thanks Mark.
Just got the galaxy 8, gone from apple to Samsung, very impressed, excellent phone.
yzr

no

​I didn't ask a question. Maybe it was your predictive text when you tried to type "thanks"
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants