Expired

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus blocked Google account

Found 10th Sep 2017
Hi,

I recently bought a second hand S8 Plus. I was using it perfectly until I factory reset it. Now after starting the phone, the Google account is locked and I have no idea of the person who set it up. I called the owner but he is out of reach.

Can someone guide me on what to do?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
Go back to the person you bought it from and ask them to unlock it. Then you'll have to get them to remove their Google and/or Samsung account/s from the phone before re-setting.
Factory reset should remove all data from device? Every phone I've reset has no previous accounts/details stored on it.
Rusty8231 m ago

Factory reset should remove all data from device? Every phone I've reset …Factory reset should remove all data from device? Every phone I've reset has no previous accounts/details stored on it.

its a security feature, like the apple icloud lock, but i wasnt aware of Google doing this now. I believe Samsung has their own reactivation lock.

OP - are you sure its Google and not Samsung?
adamspencer9551 m ago

its a security feature, like the apple icloud lock, but i wasnt aware of …its a security feature, like the apple icloud lock, but i wasnt aware of Google doing this now. I believe Samsung has their own reactivation lock. OP - are you sure its Google and not Samsung?

It's asking for Gmail
artnada1 h, 35 m ago

Go back to the person you bought it from and ask them to unlock it. Then …Go back to the person you bought it from and ask them to unlock it. Then you'll have to get them to remove their Google and/or Samsung account/s from the phone before re-setting.

His phone is off.
Either need to use a custom rom (LineageOS) or bin it if the original owner can't remove the account.
Sorry mate but you bought a brick

There's no way around it unless you find the original owner

Good luck
Basically you have been scammed
Can't you put your own Google Play account details in?
Why would you want someone else's account?
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell21 m ago

Can't you put your own Google Play account details in?Why would you want …Can't you put your own Google Play account details in?Why would you want someone else's account?

+1
Any help on YouTube?
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 11th Sep 2017
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell44 m ago

Can't you put your own Google Play account details in?Why would you want …Can't you put your own Google Play account details in?Why would you want someone else's account?

you mis-understand.

this is a security feature which 'locks' the phone until the owner inputs their google info. therefore the OP cant even get into the phone. think icloud lock for Apple and its the same idea
Toptrumpet18 h, 40 m ago

Any help on YouTube?

The flaw that was there has been fixed. The OP as to go back to the original owner and get him to sign in using his Google account, then he has to remove both the Google account and the Samsung account (if he used it).
OP, where did you buy it from? Did you meet the person in the street, or did you go to the persons house?
adamspencer9519 h, 0 m ago

you mis-understand.this is a security feature which 'locks' the phone …you mis-understand.this is a security feature which 'locks' the phone until the owner inputs their google info. therefore the OP cant even get into the phone. think icloud lock for Apple and its the same idea

OK, thanks for the info.
Would flashing a "clean" ROM onto the phone, via Odin, get around this?
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell14 m ago

OK, thanks for the info.Would flashing a "clean" ROM onto the phone, via …OK, thanks for the info.Would flashing a "clean" ROM onto the phone, via Odin, get around this?

potentially, although if Google intend this as a strong security measure it might be hardware backed in which case a ROM flash might not help. i'm not sure about Apple's implementation but i think its the same as the device ID is likely stored online and blocked until unlocked
Try this maybe. By the way...if you screw up the phone it's nothing to do with me in any way, shape or form. you do this at YOUR OWN RISK!
Well...?
artnada34 m ago

Well...?

Didn't work
Trending14 h, 3 m ago

Didn't work

Yeah wondered if it would. They fixed it in the last update. You managed to get hold of the seller?
artnada3 h, 27 m ago

Yeah wondered if it would. They fixed it in the last update. You managed …Yeah wondered if it would. They fixed it in the last update. You managed to get hold of the seller?

No, his phone is off.
you are all wrong.......unlocking bootloader and flashing a new rom fixes this issue
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants