Samsung Galaxy S9

Found 24th Feb
Here is the official launch video ahead of release

I'll be skipping this phone though. Its obvious the bells and whistles are being saved for their 10th anniversary.
Community Updates
20 Comments
Thanks
Yep looks like they have just moved the fingerprint scanner to the middle and added dual lens camera to the + variant.
Its obvious they're saving all the bells and whistles for the 10th anniversary.
The S8 has probably been the best Android phone I've had so far. I've managed to take it into the swimming pool on holiday and do something I would never have thought of doing with any smartphone. I've marvelled at it's gorgeous display and beautiful, elegant body but I just hate the constant slow-downs and it's been consistent through the series from me owning the S2, S4, S6 Edge and now the S8.

I jumped ship to a OnePlus 3 and the experience was far, far better. Slow downs where non-existent and firmware updates were quick too where as now I'm waiting just nearing a year on since Oreo was released and now the S9 is due to be/has been announced.

The S9 doesn't look like it brings much to the table. I change my phone yearly but I think my attention will now be looking at either iPhone or the OnePlus series.
What's the point of having multiple bells and whistles on a Smartphone?
One of each should be enough. To be honest, I don't think either are necessary.
Especially if the headphone jack is going to be removed to make space for these multiple bells and whistles.

#NoBells&WhistlesSamsung
Get it trending now to stop it.
M0nk3h25th Feb

The S8... I've managed to take it into the swimming pool on holiday and do …The S8... I've managed to take it into the swimming pool on holiday and do something I would never have thought of doing with any smartphone...

The mind boggles...
fanpages25 m ago

The mind boggles...

Care to elaborate?
M0nk3h7 m ago

Care to elaborate?

You're the one taking your S8 in the pool so you can do 'something' with it. Perhaps you should have taken photographs to remind you.
M0nk3h10 m ago

Care to elaborate?

I'll elaborate for him.

What did you do in the swimming pool, with your smartphone, that you never did before?
It seems they stuck with the S8 base model and add more software features. It doesn't look like much from that video, the Samsung Dex dock 2.0 was nice as a track pad and keyboard. But don't see it being something that couldn't be ported to an S8.

It's a slightly disappointing video which doesn't show off any real hardware. That advert for "camera reimagined." Didn't say much about it, apart from the AR sensor .

I'm tied into my S8 for another year but I would most likely skip the 9 and hope for the 10 to be a leap further.

I was more excited for the Note 8 than the s9.
Edited by: "kos1c" 25th Feb
deeky5 h, 22 m ago

I'll elaborate for him.What did you do in the swimming pool, with your …I'll elaborate for him.What did you do in the swimming pool, with your smartphone, that you never did before?

Most likely recorded someone dive into the water. Then the phone continued to work afterwards.
I count 3 things they have copied off the iPhone 8/X.
suprised they haven’t copied animojis too.
118luke2 h, 45 m ago

I count 3 things they have copied off the iPhone 8/X.suprised they haven’t …I count 3 things they have copied off the iPhone 8/X.suprised they haven’t copied animojis too.

Which out of interest are what
Recap of the event

Held off and watched the conference.. few digs at Apple there, and to be honest, they were for good measure, other than that though it is a solid looking phone. Currently have an S8, first time switching to an Android, but cannot see the S9 worth the jump for me personally.

As most have said, Samsung S10 should be another step up, even if my S8 is pretty much perfect.
118luke15 h, 16 m ago

I count 3 things they have copied off the iPhone 8/X.suprised they haven’t …I count 3 things they have copied off the iPhone 8/X.suprised they haven’t copied animojis too.

But they went for AR Emoji though - which they probably wouldn't have done if the X didn't do it.
livesf5 m ago

But they went for AR Emoji though - which they probably wouldn't have done …But they went for AR Emoji though - which they probably wouldn't have done if the X didn't do it.

Hopefully they don't waste too much time on it.
pb-live26th Feb

[Image]

Both jokes as it happens... I don't get this one either!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions