Expired

samsung galaxy tab 4 or hudl 2?

Found 13th Dec 2014
after returning my sons original hudl for the 4th time with micro usb charging problems tesco have agreed to refund me now i undecided whether to go for the hudl 2 or go with the samsung galaxy tab 4 for £139?

any thoughts please?

16 Comments

Hudl 2 what a bargain!

Samsung galaxy tab 4.

Give both a pass and get a Sony tablet

Would you trust a Hudl after returning so many?
Samsung Tabs are good but pricey.

(A Sony?... Seriously?... paying for the name there!)

If hudl 2 is anything like the hudl 1 then definitely Samsung galaxy tab 4... My sons hudl had to be returned twice too, and daughters Samsung galaxy tab 3 is still going fine, its been over a year.. had no problems with it..

Depends if you are tech savy or not and what your intended purposes for the Tablet are.

Based on your previous experiences I would go for a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, that's what I would choose anyway.

If you can find one get a tab 3 8 inch. Hardly any difference between that and a Tab 4 apart from the price, that said the hudl 2 is a nice piece of kit.

Agree with the above comment - tab 3 8" - cheaper and is very similar to tab 4. My kids have the tab 3 8" and we've had no problems with it. My youngest has the kids version 7", it stopped taking a charge and samsung fixed it very quickly and sent it back (10 day full turnaround from phone call)

nexus

Original Poster

hmmm thanks for replies...mixed thoughts then....
i was hoping for some hudl owners to convince me that the problems dont happen on the new hudl 2 but it seems tab 4 is better quality....im at work now and dont have time tosearch for tab 3 bit do they sell in tesco as i have to take this faulty one back tomorrow for mybrefund ans really wanted to get it all sorted there and then....

I'm getting the Mrs a hudl2, after a lot of research and talking to Hudl2 owners. The problems with Hudl2 are the battery may not , MAY not!!, hold it's charge - and there is dedicated Tesco bloatware which you cannot remove without rooting the device.
Neither of these are an issue,as my wife only uses at home - so charging is no problem. And the bloatware can be hidden simply by creating a new home page.
The actual spec of the Hudl2 is great - but you pay for that either in price or by having the bloatware.

ive actually got a hudl 2 which arrived today and is still in packaging. the decider for me was over 4000 reviews on tesco site that were over 4 star rating out of 5.

Original Poster

thanks all...i reckon i will go for hudl 2.....to be fair i cant fault tesco customer service

Fair enough, plus your son will be familiar with it.

groggy

thanks all...i reckon i will go for hudl 2.....to be fair i cant fault … thanks all...i reckon i will go for hudl 2.....to be fair i cant fault tesco customer service

I can ,nothing but trouble trying to get my sons Hudl2 fixed then returned as wont power on

Torkijo

I can ,nothing but trouble trying to get my sons Hudl2 fixed then … I can ,nothing but trouble trying to get my sons Hudl2 fixed then returned as wont power on

OK, Correction, email support useless, phone support good as after a month of back and forth via email i phoned them up and its sorted within 10 minutes
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Camera lens55
    2. amazon echo idiots guide56
    3. Whey protien625
    4. Anyone used/heard of the website "Venture Direct"?1518
    5. Bean to cup machine66

See more discussions