Samsung Galaxy Tab2 not working or charging

5 replies
Found 5th Jan
I'm posting this on behalf of my Mum who has a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 which isn't working or charging at all. I told her HUKD is a great place to come for technical advice, so any tips or ideas would be very much appreciated!

'I have a Samsung Galaxy tab2 which won't charge or turn on. I have had it charging via the USB plug in a mains socket, as the mains adapter it came with has been ineffective for a few months.
When plugged in, the battery image appears, indicates 2 charging 'cycles' then goes off immediately. This process repeats ad nauseam until I get fed up of seeing it, and unplug.

I have tried the power /volume button routine ( many times) as suggested by someone on the net, which worked a few months ago, but not now.
I did purchase a new battery for it as it wasn't holding a charge for any length of time, but the screw holes were not all in the correct places.

Can anyone suggest anything else, or is it a case of buying another battery from a different supplier?'

5 Comments

save yourself the grief and check cex for another tablet..or try checking the power of your wall socket against the official charger,try usb on laptop,or another battery...personally I'd bin it,check cash generator etc too.

Known issue with samsung tablets. I had the same problem with my tab s but it was within warranty. Took it to samsung service centre and they replaced battery and motherboard. Haven't had problem since and that was a year ago.

Connect to a PC it will start to charge after a while. Once it starts to recharge connect to normal charger. Works everytime.

Had the exact same thing with my old tab 2, if the battery goes down to 0% then its virtually impossible to get it to take a charge. It can be done, but more out of luck than judgement i think. All i kept doing was as soon as the battery icon disappeared unplug it then plug it straight back in, after literally 2 hours of doing this every minute or so it started to charge ok.

If i'm honest its really not worth the hassle so i would advise her to give up and get a new tablet. To get one for a similar spec to the tab 2 now shouldn't cost that much.

Original Poster

tyronemiller1232

Connect to a PC it will start to charge after a while. Once it starts to … Connect to a PC it will start to charge after a while. Once it starts to recharge connect to normal charger. Works everytime.

Thanks so much to you all for answering. Tyrone, mum just sent me an email saying it has finally switched on after charging it from her laptop, so thank you very much for the suggestion! I think it's a question of backing stuff up if it's not already done, then get rid.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247667
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769606
    3. Add one, leave one game54415467
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522885

See more discussions