Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2018 - Live Stream.

32 Comments
@jamie015 may we see you? Lol
Mrswitch41 s ago

@jamie015 may we see you? Lol

I'm watching, other event is on Saturday.
Edited by: "jamie015" 9th Aug
And
oo oo oo. is this one of those programs like Gogglebox?

But instead of watching people on TV watching people on TV, we can watch people on Youtube, watching people in an audience, while they watch people unpack a box?

Sounds awesome.
Moved to misc, thanks
Silver Sandcastle.

boom.
furiousjammin7 m ago

oo oo oo. is this one of those programs like Gogglebox?But instead of …oo oo oo. is this one of those programs like Gogglebox?But instead of watching people on TV watching people on TV, we can watch people on Youtube, watching people in an audience, while they watch people unpack a box?Sounds awesome.

You sold me on it. Hollywood should hire you for promos.
The keynote is hilariously bad
Why people are sa exticted? Another generic phone for more than 999gbp, without ground breaking features just faster, bigger and more bad ass...
Night_Knight52 m ago

Why people are sa exticted? Another generic phone for more than 999gbp, …Why people are sa exticted? Another generic phone for more than 999gbp, without ground breaking features just faster, bigger and more bad ass...

Actually it's £899 for 128GB storage:

£1099 for 512GB
jamie0151 h, 3 m ago

Actually it's £899 for 128GB storage:£1099 for 512GB

Still, still lots of money, atleast 128gb is pretty fair but with 4k@60, slowmo, there is not much space so is better to get more
Night_Knight4 m ago

Still, still lots of money, atleast 128gb is pretty fair but with 4k@60, …Still, still lots of money, atleast 128gb is pretty fair but with 4k@60, slowmo, there is not much space so is better to get more

Yeah, but the new S Pen and 4,000 mAh battery are tempting improvements.

Galaxy Home is funny though, looks like a HomePod on a tripod, with the name ripped off from Google Home. Samsung managed to copy two competitors with 1 product, and made it instantly inferior by using Bixby. I'm impressed with the new Bixby showcased today though, UI (on the Note 9) looks better and it looks more responsive so it must be Bixby 2.0 with Viv baked in!
jamie0151 h, 23 m ago

Yeah, but the new S Pen and 4,000 mAh battery are tempting …Yeah, but the new S Pen and 4,000 mAh battery are tempting improvements.Galaxy Home is funny though, looks like a HomePod on a tripod, with the name ripped off from Google Home. Samsung managed to copy two competitors with 1 product, and made it instantly inferior by using Bixby. I'm impressed with the new Bixby showcased today though, UI (on the Note 9) looks better and it looks more responsive so it must be Bixby 2.0 with Viv baked in!

Did it mention if the home would use Google as well as bixby?

I'm getting the phone, possibly the watch too when it is released.
CoeK11 m ago

Did it mention if the home would use Google as well as bixby?I'm getting …Did it mention if the home would use Google as well as bixby?I'm getting the phone, possibly the watch too when it is released.

It's a Bixby speaker, definitely won't be using Google Assistant. Whenever a smart speaker is focused on sound, you know the assistant is bad (HomePod/Galaxy Home are good examples).
Galaxy watch is very disappointing, basically a more rounded S3 with a new processor.. hopefully will see the S3 plummet in price and some good offers esp around Black Friday/Amazon Day, also new snapdragon coming in designed for wearables in September..
MrSprkle30 m ago

Galaxy watch is very disappointing, basically a more rounded S3 with a new …Galaxy watch is very disappointing, basically a more rounded S3 with a new processor.. hopefully will see the S3 plummet in price and some good offers esp around Black Friday/Amazon Day, also new snapdragon coming in designed for wearables in September..

There were rumours of it running Wear OS, if it did I might have considered getting it. However, it unfortunately only has Tizen.
jamie0154 m ago

There were rumours of it running Wear OS, if it did I might have …There were rumours of it running Wear OS, if it did I might have considered getting it. However, it unfortunately only has Tizen.

I would prefer tizen tbh. Battery life is better.
jamie0151 h, 16 m ago

It's a Bixby speaker, definitely won't be using Google Assistant. Whenever …It's a Bixby speaker, definitely won't be using Google Assistant. Whenever a smart speaker is focused on sound, you know the assistant is bad (HomePod/Galaxy Home are good examples).

Yeh that's a shame. I already have Google home so I don't see the point in having a different type of assistant on another speaker.
CoeK1 m ago

I would prefer tizen tbh.

I've never heard someone say that before! I'll let you guys know what I think about it on Saturday.
jamie0151 m ago

I've never heard someone say that before! I'll let you guys know what I …I've never heard someone say that before! I'll let you guys know what I think about it on Saturday.

I have an android wear watch at the moment too

Will just have both now.
jamie0157 m ago

There were rumours of it running Wear OS, if it did I might have …There were rumours of it running Wear OS, if it did I might have considered getting it. However, it unfortunately only has Tizen.

I heard Tizen makes a good wearable OS over Wear OS.
CoeK2 m ago

Yeh that's a shame. I already have Google home so I don't see the point in …Yeh that's a shame. I already have Google home so I don't see the point in having a different type of assistant on another speaker.

Same, I also have Google Home and I wouldn't move to an inferior assistant because Bixby only controls smart home appliances through SmartThings. I think the hub is built into the speaker so I might buy the speaker to use just as a hub/speaker if the price is cheap enough.
MrSprkle31 s ago

I like Wear OS, mainly because of superior app support.
jamie01549 s ago

Same, I also have Google Home and I wouldn't move to an inferior assistant …Same, I also have Google Home and I wouldn't move to an inferior assistant because Bixby only controls smart home appliances through SmartThings. I think the hub is built into the speaker so I might buy the speaker to use just as a hub/speaker if the price is cheap enough.

Ah yes that might get me buying it unless it costs a fortune.
CoeK1 m ago

I have an android wear watch at the moment too Will just have both now.

I have a Huawei Watch 2, was considering the swap myself but it depends on the price.
jamie01550 s ago

I like Wear OS, mainly because of superior app support.

Yes Samsung is lacking with apps, and Samsung pay is not a good thing.
Edited by: "MrSprkle" 9th Aug
MrSprkle1 m ago

From what I have seen it does. But I have only used wear for any length of time.
CoeK1 m ago

From what I have seen it does. But I have only used wear for any length of …From what I have seen it does. But I have only used wear for any length of time.

Same here, used a Pebble & then LG Urbane as well as Apple Watch.. My Urbane is very laggy now its on Wear 2.0 so was hoping this would be my next upgrade but I am not so sure now. might keep an eye out for an S3 in the sale.
MrSprkle2 m ago

Yes Samsung is lacking with apps, and Samsung pay is not a good thing.

I use Samsung Pay over Google Pay because I like the fingerprint security (even though I carry a contactless card ) and the Samsung beaming service for loyalty cards is phenomenal - even works in my local library and in M&S, where the staff member told me it definitely wouldn't and was shocked when my Sparks card was accepted. I miss Beep 'n' Go though, it allowed you to add gift cards.
I use a fossil watch and previously had a smart watch 3, haven't had a Samsung phone since the s6 edge after missing out on the note 7. Looking forward to my first note, also gonna get the icon X at the same time probably.
jamie0151 h, 39 m ago

I use Samsung Pay over Google Pay because I like the fingerprint security …I use Samsung Pay over Google Pay because I like the fingerprint security (even though I carry a contactless card ) and the Samsung beaming service for loyalty cards is phenomenal - even works in my local library and in M&S, where the staff member told me it definitely wouldn't and was shocked when my Sparks card was accepted. I miss Beep 'n' Go though, it allowed you to add gift cards.

I am with Halifax though so no go for me, but saying all that just preordered the 46mm with the free DUO charger lol, interest free on Paypal so pay it off over a few months wont miss it.
MrSprkle3 m ago

I am with Halifax though so no go for me, but saying all that just …I am with Halifax though so no go for me, but saying all that just preordered the 46mm with the free DUO charger lol, interest free on Paypal so pay it off over a few months wont miss it.

Nice, I am unsure about the Galaxy Watch still though (or as the Mirror called it, the Gear S4/Gear 4).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants