Samsung Galaxy Watch and Oneplus

Posted 27th Apr
I'm considering getting the Oneplus 8 Pro. I've had Samsung phones for a long while now but the pricing is putting me off the higher end S20s. just wondering if anyone has a Samsung Galaxy Watch and Oneplus? Would you expect the watch to work in the same way as it does on my Note 8?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Should do. After a quick search, many have confirmed the watches work fine with OnePlus phones. You will have to download the Samsung Wearables app on your phone.

Android phones

• Galaxy Watch Active2, Galaxy Watch Active, Galaxy Watch: phones running Android 5.0 or higher with 1.5GB RAM or more are compatible
  • Gear Live, Gear S2, Gear Fit 2, Gear S3, Gear Sport, Gear Fit2 Pro: phone running Android 4.3 or higher with 1.5GB RAM or more are compatible
  • Gear 1, Gear2, Gear S, Gear Fit: these smart watches are not compatible with non-Samsung device

samsung.com/uk/…ch/

However, there's also a caveat:
Please note: depending on the phone you are using and the Galaxy Watch you are connecting to, some features and functions may be unavailable.
Thanks. It's the last part that bothers me. I'm quite attached to my galaxy watch and wouldn't want to lose the features.
MrsSarahH27/04/2020 16:00

Thanks. It's the last part that bothers me. I'm quite attached to my …Thanks. It's the last part that bothers me. I'm quite attached to my galaxy watch and wouldn't want to lose the features.

I am guessing this relates to Samsung Pay mainly. However, from comments I have read, many are saying everything is fine as long as the Wearables app is up to date.

Samsung have a 15% off offer across their phones, and you could get an additional amount for trading in the Note 8 (although it's a minuscule amount).
BobSmith27/04/2020 16:17

I am guessing this relates to Samsung Pay mainly. However, from comments I …I am guessing this relates to Samsung Pay mainly. However, from comments I have read, many are saying everything is fine as long as the Wearables app is up to date. Samsung have a 15% off offer across their phones, and you could get an additional amount for trading in the Note 8 (although it's a minuscule amount).

Thanks for your help. I am tempted to stick to what I know but was being swayed by the excellent Oneplus reviews.
Music magpie are offering £198 at the moment for the note 8 which I'm pretty pleased with. It's definitely a chunk towards an upgrade.
MrsSarahH27/04/2020 16:21

Thanks for your help. I am tempted to stick to what I know but was being …Thanks for your help. I am tempted to stick to what I know but was being swayed by the excellent Oneplus reviews. Music magpie are offering £198 at the moment for the note 8 which I'm pretty pleased with. It's definitely a chunk towards an upgrade.

With that trade in, the S20+ works at as £650. As someone with the Ultra, it's a bit disappointing and the general consensus is that the S20+ is better value. However, the 15% off ends today.

If you access to the employee benefits portal (such as Bluelight Card), then you can get 20% off.
Edited by: "BobSmith" 27th Apr
I would recommend you join the Galaxy Watch subreddit on Reddit
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions