Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Samsung galaxy watch sticky bezel

Posted 7th Sep 2018
we purchased 2. one of them have sticky bezel and not smooth to rotate. anyone else having same issue?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
If you bought from an official UK Samsung outlet - just let them know and it will be replaced . If you bought from a Chinese seller - Best of luck .
Sticky bezel on a wrist mounted device. Sounds like it’s been subject to vigorous vibrations or a foreign substance.
My husband has the 46mm and surprised me with the rose gold 42mm. Love it. No problems here but I would definitely request a replacement. It’s always annoying when something new isn’t working as it should. Hope you get it sorted soon.
Yeah it does feel like smth stuck inside and doesnt let it rotate smoothly. Was like that straight out the box.
deleted90213907/09/2018 21:44

If you bought from an official UK Samsung outlet - just let them know and …If you bought from an official UK Samsung outlet - just let them know and it will be replaced . If you bought from a Chinese seller - Best of luck .

Bought from samsung. They are also a pain to deal with. Will have to send it back to them.
MiniMissyMoo07/09/2018 22:33

My husband has the 46mm and surprised me with the rose gold 42mm. Love it. …My husband has the 46mm and surprised me with the rose gold 42mm. Love it. No problems here but I would definitely request a replacement. It’s always annoying when something new isn’t working as it should. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Thank you. I noticed it because we got 1 rose gold and 1 black. The rose gold is nice and smooth. Black one isnt. Both are 42mm.
ALBO4EVER07/09/2018 22:39

Thank you. I noticed it because we got 1 rose gold and 1 black. The rose …Thank you. I noticed it because we got 1 rose gold and 1 black. The rose gold is nice and smooth. Black one isnt. Both are 42mm.

I would call them tomorrow then definitely. Even if you thought it was something you could put up with it could cause problems down the line when it would likely be more difficult to get a replacement.
MiniMissyMoo07/09/2018 22:42

I would call them tomorrow then definitely. Even if you thought it was …I would call them tomorrow then definitely. Even if you thought it was something you could put up with it could cause problems down the line when it would likely be more difficult to get a replacement.

Yeah will have too. Its rather annoying now that i know its sticky so its deffo going back. I must say i only noticed it more because of having a second watch to compare it too.
ALBO4EVER07/09/2018 22:46

Yeah will have too. Its rather annoying now that i know its sticky so its …Yeah will have too. Its rather annoying now that i know its sticky so its deffo going back. I must say i only noticed it more because of having a second watch to compare it too.

Just read your reply on my watch, I didn’t even realise it would show up I was a bit worried it would not work well with iPhone but I’ve had no issues. My husband has an S8 and the only difference I’ve come across so far is I can’t quick reply to texts like he can.
Edited by: "MiniMissyMoo" 7th Sep 2018
MiniMissyMoo7 h, 14 m ago

Just read your reply on my watch, I didn’t even realise it would show up X …Just read your reply on my watch, I didn’t even realise it would show up I was a bit worried it would not work well with iPhone but I’ve had no issues. My husband has an S8 and the only difference I’ve come across so far is I can’t quick reply to texts like he can.

Haha. I think Your husband is trying to get you to switch to an android phone . They are after all way better than iphones . Glad you like your watch.
Mine has a bit more resistance than my previous S3 Frontier. I hadn't noticed until I read this post. But it doesn't stick. It's definitely a less clicky rotation a bit more damped. Hard to explain.
Just an update. Returning mine for refund. Options i was given was wait all day for ups to pick up. Then watch would be sent to be inspected and once that was done samsung would send another, or return that and order another but no free charger. I must say samsung are useless when it comes to customer service. They messed up the duo charger and whenever theres an issue they are .
ALBO4EVER08/09/2018 10:01

Just an update. Returning mine for refund. Options i was given was wait …Just an update. Returning mine for refund. Options i was given was wait all day for ups to pick up. Then watch would be sent to be inspected and once that was done samsung would send another, or return that and order another but no free charger. I must say samsung are useless when it comes to customer service. They messed up the duo charger and whenever theres an issue they are .

I think that's pretty reasonable tbh. If you aren't happy, try an Experience Store or Support Centre?
jamie1508/09/2018 11:52

I think that's pretty reasonable tbh. If you aren't happy, try an …I think that's pretty reasonable tbh. If you aren't happy, try an Experience Store or Support Centre?

Yeah i agree. By samsungs standards yes it is very reasonable, wait in whole day for pick up, and then wait 2 weeks for replacement . Every retailer received watch and charger same time. Samsung being so great sends first watch, then another 10 emails contradicting themselves when the charger will be sent.
ALBO4EVER08/09/2018 12:13

Yeah i agree. By samsungs standards yes it is very reasonable, wait in …Yeah i agree. By samsungs standards yes it is very reasonable, wait in whole day for pick up, and then wait 2 weeks for replacement . Every retailer received watch and charger same time. Samsung being so great sends first watch, then another 10 emails contradicting themselves when the charger will be sent.

I don't think it will take 2 weeks, if it's takes a week then it's reasonable, especially given the high value items they deal with (though I'd be angry in your situation too). I think a Samsung store may be able to give a replacement straightaway, if you have one near you it's worth a try.
Edited by: "jamie15" 8th Sep 2018
jamie1508/09/2018 12:15

I don't think it will take 2 weeks, if it's takes a week then it's …I don't think it will take 2 weeks, if it's takes a week then it's reasonable, especially given the high value items they deal with (though I'd be angry in your situation too). I think a Samsung store may be able to give a replacement straightaway, if you have one near you it's worth a try.

Yeah i wish i had a samsung store near me. Nearest one is 50 miles away. We did have one but samsung decided to close it . I have same issue with them everytime. My last faulty phone took 3 ups attempts to collect. Ups just didnt bother turning up at all. They also give 8am to 6pm collection so have to wait in all day. Didnt want go through that again to be honest.
ALBO4EVER11 m ago

Yeah i wish i had a samsung store near me. Nearest one is 50 miles away. …Yeah i wish i had a samsung store near me. Nearest one is 50 miles away. We did have one but samsung decided to close it . I have same issue with them everytime. My last faulty phone took 3 ups attempts to collect. Ups just didnt bother turning up at all. They also give 8am to 6pm collection so have to wait in all day. Didnt want go through that again to be honest.

That's a shame!

My local store (which was a bit far from me as it is) closed down, now closest for me is Oxford Street which always seems to be closed for a refit! My Support Centre is not too far out though, that's where I always go now.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants