Samsung headphones issues

Found 12th Dec 2017
I seem to be having a continual problem with samsung wired headphones that come with the phone, as the last 3 samsung headphones that I have owned have broke after a year of use. Am I the only one having this problem or is this a common problem with samsung headphones?

Am I doing something wrong that breaks them? It is always the same problem. After a year of use, one of the headphones stop working (either left or right) so I am left with just one headphone that works, so off they go to the bin!
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
My cat eats them. Never goes for the cheapo ones but if you leave an expensive pair out he will chew right through them.
psychobitchfromhell10 m ago

My cat eats them. Never goes for the cheapo ones but if you leave an …My cat eats them. Never goes for the cheapo ones but if you leave an expensive pair out he will chew right through them.

lol. sounds like he has expensive tastes

my dog doesn't chew our things fortunately. the only thing of mine that he has chewed is a hairbrush, so that has teeth marks all over the handle! he has had my slippers in his mouth to play with but i don't see any bite marks on them.
One year is good for headphones, they won't last 5 years. I sometimes break mine or lose then. Ebay for a new genuine pair.
MrMan20118 m ago

One year is good for headphones, they won't last 5 years. I sometimes …One year is good for headphones, they won't last 5 years. I sometimes break mine or lose then. Ebay for a new genuine pair.

i have lots of headphones so i can always use another set but i didn't think headphones would break that quickly. sounds like they do.

fortunately, i rarely lose things.
mutley152 m ago

lol. sounds like he has expensive tastes my dog doesn't chew our …lol. sounds like he has expensive tastes my dog doesn't chew our things fortunately. the only thing of mine that he has chewed is a hairbrush, so that has teeth marks all over the handle! he has had my slippers in his mouth to play with but i don't see any bite marks on them.

Sennheisers are his favourite. Got some really cheap ones that I got free on a bus trip round Barcelona. Left them out as a sacrificial set but no go. Gotta be the dear ones
Wooooooow you get one year ! When I used to use Samsung earphone they used to break after two months. Now I have switched to anker Bluetooth earphones been using for 2 years now. Still going strong. Great battery life as well
This is just the nature of wired headphones. More expensive ones tend to last longer, but as a general rule, every time the wire inside the headphone cable flexes, it comes one step closer to fracturing, causing the issue you describe.

It's fixable. Headphones are a super-simple circuit, and it's easy to replace or fix a broken cable. It does require a little soldering, but that's nothing that should be beyond your capabilities. Watch a couple of YouTube videos on the subject of fixing headphones, and they will guide you through the process.
psychobitchfromhell12 h, 3 m ago

Sennheisers are his favourite. Got some really cheap ones that I got free …Sennheisers are his favourite. Got some really cheap ones that I got free on a bus trip round Barcelona. Left them out as a sacrificial set but no go. Gotta be the dear ones

lol. must be the smell they emit. i get sennheinsers for my husband as he likes over the ear headphones and hates the in the ear ones. i don't like over the ear headphones as they are for men since they mess your hair up
parasyte11 h, 0 m ago

Wooooooow you get one year ! When I used to use Samsung earphone they used …Wooooooow you get one year ! When I used to use Samsung earphone they used to break after two months. Now I have switched to anker Bluetooth earphones been using for 2 years now. Still going strong. Great battery life as well

i should count myself lucky then as i use the headphones daily, so getting a year from one set sounds like i have actually had a good run. thanks, i feel so much better now.
dxx10 h, 32 m ago

This is just the nature of wired headphones. More expensive ones tend to …This is just the nature of wired headphones. More expensive ones tend to last longer, but as a general rule, every time the wire inside the headphone cable flexes, it comes one step closer to fracturing, causing the issue you describe.It's fixable. Headphones are a super-simple circuit, and it's easy to replace or fix a broken cable. It does require a little soldering, but that's nothing that should be beyond your capabilities. Watch a couple of YouTube videos on the subject of fixing headphones, and they will guide you through the process.

i have noticed that the last three times that this has happened when i take the phone out of my coat pocket and the cable has been folded down to fit inside. The continual flexing of the cable by me taking the phone in and out of my pocket daily has done it in by the sound of it as i use other headphones at home and they last forever as i don't put them in my pocket.

i have read about soldering the headphones but it is not worth my time doing this as headphones aren't expensive and i have several spares at home.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants