Groups

Samsung HTZ310R setup

My surround system has arrived from dixons and i want to connect up to the panny px70 360 and nintendo wii, i think it has only come with leads to get sound from the dvd player that comes with it, i have connect the dvd player through hdmi but only get 575i . whats the best leads to get for sound out of the tv ,wii and 360 so i can order them , i take it i will only get sound from some of the speakers from normal tv, is that correct.thanks for anyone help

20 Comments

Banned

Well 360 is optica....don't know about the rest...so for that alone:
    kenable.co.uk/pro…a17

Depending on length...

You need to connect the Wii with the red/white phono leads from the AV cable. Give me a min to find the model, and I'll see what your options for the other things are

Original Poster

thank you both for your time, ihave managed to change the input settings to 1080i on the dvd player but still have no sound from tv alone but i suppose i need some cables for that too

Right, forget what I said above :-D

You'll need to plug the Wii directly into your TV as you did previously. Then, get a red/white phono lead (about £3 from maplins) and run this from the audio out on your TV to the red/white sockets on the back of the cinema system. Connect the 360 to the cinema system via an optical cable, and then the cinema system to the TV via HDMI.

Original Poster

i have a spare red white phono upstairs so ill use that for wii, i will buy a 360 optical from kenable then, i already have hdmi cable from cinema system to tv but the sound still coming from tv rather than speaker , do you think it might be the tv settings cant see anyway to change on the sound options,cheers, there is also component sockets can i use them to better anything

To get sound from the TV through the the speakers, you'll need to run the phono cable from the audio out on the TV to the audio in on the cinema system. I'd use the cable that was supplied with the Wii to connect it to the TV - by using the phone cables from TV - cinema system, it'll then output any audio from the TV (i.e the Wii when you are playing it)

Original Poster

i have just tried that mate i get sound from the wii and tv but only through the 2 front speakers centre, bass and rear dont work is there anyway to get them all working or only on 5.1 dvds etc

The Wii only outputs 2.1 so will only go through the front two speakers. The 360 (if you use optical) and DVD player will output 5.1

Banned

Hang on its Samsung...odds are it like mine....can play sound through TV OR System.... not bothCan u see HDMI AUDIO anywhere in the menu?

Original Poster

thought i may got sound from the woofer though, do you think i can and have the wrong settings

Banned

pughy2000;2294066

thought i may got sound from the woofer though, do you think i can and … thought i may got sound from the woofer though, do you think i can and have the wrong settings

You'll only get that if its full surround...no TV....DEPENDING if its like my Sammy

ODB_69 you might be the chap to help me .. I've got a sammy tv and home entertainment system..
    Can the tones be change on the speaker set up? I have got it hook up to myTV with a optical lead but the sounds seem really deep and almost mufflely.. The sound is OK if I'm watching a dvd or even watching a HD channel but horrible through SD broadcast unless I change it to come through the audio leads..
    I've got a feeling that I might of got a faulty home entertainment but I don't want to call someone out to be told I haven't got it set up right...

edna_clouds;2294578

ODB_69 you might be the chap to help me .. I've got a sammy tv and … ODB_69 you might be the chap to help me .. I've got a sammy tv and home entertainment system..Can the tones be change on the speaker set up? I have got it hook up to My TV with a optical lead but the sounds seem really deep and almost mufflely.. The sound is OK if I'm watching a CD or even watching a HD channel but horrible through SD broadcast unless I change it to come through the audio leads..I've got a feeling that I might of got a faulty home entertainment but I don't want to call someone out to be told I haven't got it set up right...

If its a Sammy cinema system you've got, I think you can. I used to have one, and I'm pretty sue you could adjust the levels depending on the source material through the menu using the remote. Which model have you got - I'll have a look into it for you :thumbsup:

Banned

edna_clouds;2294578

ODB_69 you might be the chap to help me or anyone else.. I've got a … ODB_69 you might be the chap to help me or anyone else.. I've got a sammy tv and home entertainment system..Can the tones be change on the speaker set up? I have got it hook up to My TV with a optical lead but the sounds seem really deep and almost mufflely.. The sound is OK if I'm watching a CD or even watching a HD channel but horrible through SD broadcast unless I change it to come through the audio leads..I've got a feeling that I might of got a faulty home entertainment but I don't want to call someone out to be told I haven't got it set up right...

Sorry Edna no idea....sounds wrong though unless there are some options somewhere, so possible Fault....To be honest I haven't hooked it up to my TV...just to my 360 + freeview recorder.....but the sounds ok through them.What's the model number?To be 100% honest, the best place to find out EVERYTHING you need to know for your model I would say join [url]www.AVForums.co.uk[/url] its specifically for this and people are usually quite helpful

Thanks ODB and midlandscomics...I've got a LE40M87BDX tv and a HT-X250R Home entertainment center.. I've looked through the menus and I really havn't had any joy with it.. The sound is so poor that I don't bother turning it on unless I watch a DVD..

edna_clouds;2294662

Thanks ODB and midlandscomics...I've got a LE40M87BDX tv and a HT-X250R … Thanks ODB and midlandscomics...I've got a LE40M87BDX tv and a HT-X250R Home entertainment center.. I've looked through the menus and I really havn't had any joy with it.. The sound is so poor that I don't bother turning it on unless I watch a DVD..

Just been having a look for the system on Amazon (couldn't remember which one yours is) and found the following in the buyer reviews:

And I think something is wrong with mine as the DV.IN sound (used for … And I think something is wrong with mine as the DV.IN sound (used for listening to the TV through the cinema sound facility cuts off after about 15 mins of running and you have to reselect the source to restore the sound.[EDIT] Samsung customer support has confirmed this is a known problem when using this Samsung Surround Sound Unit with a Samsung M87 TV. They are working on a solution.

Might be worth a call to Samsung to see if this has been resolved- it could be part of the problem.

midlandscomics;2294706

Just been having a look for the system on Amazon (couldn't remember which … Just been having a look for the system on Amazon (couldn't remember which one yours is) and found the following in the buyer reviews:Might be worth a call to Samsung to see if this has been resolved- it could be part of the problem.

Thanks midlandscomics... I think I'll phone them tomorrow.. I've had problems with the TV and that has had two complete boards so they'll be please to here from me again.. I think there's a few issues with the sammy TV and entertainment systems.. One of the selling things is the anynet system that links the two together but they won't work if you've got a sky HD box connected too.. It took about four phone calls to Samsung before they told me it's an ongoing issue and they know all about it..:x

ODB_69;2294781

Sorry this … Sorry this link:http://www.avforums.com/forums/gtsearch.php?domains=www.avforums.com&q=HT-X250R&sa=Go&sitesearch=www.avforums.com&client=pub-2615987788629632&forid=1&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&safe=active&cof=GALT%3A%23000000%3BGL%3A1%3BDIV%3A%23EDEDFF%3BVLC%3A444444%3BAH%3Acenter%3BBGC%3AEDEDFF%3BLBGC%3AEDEDFF%3BALC%3A000000%3BLC%3A000000%3BT%3A000000%3BGFNT%3A666666%3BGIMP%3A666666%3BFORID%3A11&hl=en

Chers ODB_69... Your are a star.. Plenty of reading there...:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1317
      2. Important info for Ryanair customers1520
      3. Spotify Family Premium share512
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?914

See more discussions