Groups

Samsung J3

After much discussion and the loan of my Nexus 5 for a day I have persuaded my partner she needs to dump her awful Doro flip mobile and get a smart phone. I intend to buy her a sim free one and look for a sim card deal. The Samsung J 3 looks OK to me, she will only really make calls, txt and I'm sure she will use camera a lot with grand kids. Given time she will use the internet / apps, it took a while for her to use a iPad, but now she won't do without it. I would buy her a iPhone, but way to expensive. Any views on the Samsung J3, to me it looks OK, screen size is ideal, doesn't want anything bigger, 8 GB will be OK, as I'll stick SD card in it. Any advice appreciated... Thanks

13 Comments

Don't buy a 8 gig phone. Just don't. 2 memory locations plus if she starts installing apps she will run out of memory. They should never sell 8 gig phones. Adoptable storage is not the answer either.

Ive got this phone and think its great, ok not the best phone around but then again its not £600+. Im the same only use it for calls and texts, a little bit of browsing if im out and about oh and pokemon go

Original Poster

wayners

Don't buy a 8 gig phone. Just don't. 2 memory locations plus if she … Don't buy a 8 gig phone. Just don't. 2 memory locations plus if she starts installing apps she will run out of memory. They should never sell 8 gig phones. Adoptable storage is not the answer either.

ok, but most in that price range are 8 gb, could be she won't have to many apps on it anyway. Unless you can recommend another, not interested in cheap Chinese phones with no back up​

Slightly off track i've got a j5 its brilliant

I'm unsure of your budget quickly looking the J3 seems to come in around £150. How about a Nexus 5X? O2 had them on payg upgrade for £130 or search HUKD lately been floating around the £130-£170 mark.

Nexus 5X 16gb O2 PAYG Upgrades

Original Poster

sido

Slightly off track i've got a j5 its brilliant

​that was second choice,i think that's 8 gb as well, seems most in this price range are. My Nexus 5 is 16 gb, I've got a lot of apps on,far more than she will have and they only take up about 3 gb. If there no good why are they so popular ?

Original Poster

Not seen any new Nexus5X 7 for that price. She's on sim only deal with talk mobile at moment which I want to get her away from. so upgrades are no good,snd she won't accept used or refurbished.

denwyn

Not seen any new Nexus5X 7 for that price. She's on sim only deal with … Not seen any new Nexus5X 7 for that price. She's on sim only deal with talk mobile at moment which I want to get her away from. so upgrades are no good,snd she won't accept used or refurbished.

£169 Sim Free new.
    Nexus 5X CPW Sim Free

HUKD Nexus 5X deal search

wilyfox storm if you can get at a good price. Or wilyfox swift. There is information here on hukd about them. Try SmartFoneStore to for a Samsung s5 or other. Would a g3 be to big l, although my wife loves hers? I bought a grade a from them. Good shop and good customer service

Original Poster

Nexus 5 x £40 more expensive. bit over the top for what she needs. prob go with Samsung J3, I can't see her running out of memory,if she dies she will have to delete some.

I have a J5 love it, no problem with internal memory everything I need goes on sd card. running it at internal memory 1.7 gb free. battery life great too.

Original Poster

denwyn

Nexus 5 x £40 more expensive. bit over the top for what she needs. prob … Nexus 5 x £40 more expensive. bit over the top for what she needs. prob go with Samsung J3, I can't see her running out of memory,if she dies she will have to delete some.

​oops....dies !!! I mean does

Original Poster

Ordered a sim free Samsung J5 from Amazon...thanks for all the advice.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Get an annual MOT reminder55
      2. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      3. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …25104
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767411

See more discussions