Groups

samsung J5 help needed

Hi guys. need some help. just bought for my son second hand samsung galaxy J5 (SM-J500FN) turn on follow setting up routine and stuck on trying to verify account. have a screen saying : this device was reset. to continue, sign in with a Google account that was previously synced on this device. any advice how to sort it out?

13 Comments

Hard reset?

Original Poster

tried but still not allowing me to log using previously not synced account

Original Poster

must have something to do with lollipop google security feature

How long have you had the phone? Usually this is the reason why it won't verify......
    androidpolice.com/201…ut/

Original Poster

Evouk

How long have you had the phone? Usually this is the reason why it won't … How long have you had the phone? Usually this is the reason why it won't verify......http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/07/13/dont-change-your-google-password-before-factory-resetting-your-android-phone-you-might-trip-a-72-hour-security-lockout/

​looks like that's the problem. do I need to go back to seller and ask for previous google account details to proceed with new account setup?

cambargins

​looks like that's the problem. do I need to go back to seller and ask f … ​looks like that's the problem. do I need to go back to seller and ask for previous google account details to proceed with new account setup?

This isn't the reason. The reason is that if the google account wasn't removed before wiping the device, then as a "security" feature it will ask you to log in again, almost like verification. The same thing happens with apple devices, only with apple devices I don't think there is a work around.

follow this to resolve your issue - youtube.com/wat…0gk

You could also speak to the individual you bought it from, ask them to enter the google play details. Once in the phone remove the account.

you need to go back to the person you bought it from and tell him to log in with the account he had logged in...!!!

WajAllRound

you need to go back to the person you bought it from and tell him to log … you need to go back to the person you bought it from and tell him to log in with the account he had logged in...!!!

This works - youtube.com/wat…0gk

MrShiz

This works - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Nv0w6T0gk

​works on some, dosent work on some. I had it working on the s5 but it didn't work when I tried it on the s7. I think newer devices are harder to bypass. best think is take back to the seller.

Original Poster

thanks for all comments. I've tried with person I bought from but looks like he's not happy to help. I'll try to follow YouTube tutorial and will see if successful.

WajAllRound

​works on some, dosent work on some. I had it working on the s5 but it d … ​works on some, dosent work on some. I had it working on the s5 but it didn't work when I tried it on the s7. I think newer devices are harder to bypass. best think is take back to the seller.

Works on this version of J5, everytime...

cambargins

thanks for all comments. I've tried with person I bought from but looks … thanks for all comments. I've tried with person I bought from but looks like he's not happy to help. I'll try to follow YouTube tutorial and will see if successful.

Can you confirm how you got on please??
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway12
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would28110
      3. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2841
      4. word association Game74044555

See more discussions