Groups

Samsung LE26R74BDX - Advice please! -Am desperate

Hi Guys,

I am about to get this TV delivered this week but want to know if its any good?

I have heard problems about some of tvs in the model uses a far inferior panel and that it affects quality.

I just want to know if anyone is having problems with this so i can cancel and buy something else otherwise, it will cost me loads to return it back to empiredirect.co.uk

Thanks for any help

6 Comments

Hi mate.

I have this TV but 32" version. As for the panel you query about, I have no idea...

But I can tell you its a great TV, no probs whatsoever.

The built in freeview is awesome (if a little slow) but pic quality is better than an external box. I also use a normal indoor aerial and receive all freeview channels fine.

I also use this with a wii via component, looks great and also as an external lappy monitor for gaming and watching films.

So I'm running it at a high capacity, no problems

Any more info, just ask

Original Poster

Deal4Me

Hi mate.I have this TV but 32" version. As for the panel you query about, … Hi mate.I have this TV but 32" version. As for the panel you query about, I have no idea...But I can tell you its a great TV, no probs whatsoever.The built in freeview is awesome (if a little slow) but pic quality is better than an external box. I also use a normal indoor aerial and receive all freeview channels fine.I also use this with a wii via component, looks great and also as an external lappy monitor for gaming and watching films.So I'm running it at a high capacity, no problems :)Any more info, just ask

Thanks for the feedback mate.

Also, i hear the sound isnt very good. How bad is it? My bedroom is fairly small but i want to be able to watch dvds on it using the integrated speakers, is it good enough or is it really bad?

Thanks

I think the sounds good! Bearing in mind I had a 19" acoustic solutions TV and the sound was bad so I maybe comparing with that.

But overall the sound good, if it was in your living room you'd be able to hear it so in a smaller bedroom, no problems there. You've gota go quite high and the volume control, but I don't hear any distortion.

You will have to customise the sound a little, and the pre-set one's seem a little quiet, a little tweaking with the sound bars, and everything is fine

Original Poster

Deal4Me

I think the sounds good! Bearing in mind I had a 19" acoustic solutions … I think the sounds good! Bearing in mind I had a 19" acoustic solutions TV and the sound was bad so I maybe comparing with that.But overall the sound good, if it was in your living room you'd be able to hear it so in a smaller bedroom, no problems there. You've gota go quite high and the volume control, but I don't hear any distortion.You will have to customise the sound a little, and the pre-set one's seem a little quiet, a little tweaking with the sound bars, and everything is fine

Thanks for the advice. Seems like a good telly. Will go ahead and buy it.

Rep given for your help mate! :thumbsup:

No probs.

I just put the volume to 100, max level and no distortion. But its not much louder than when its set at 50. Loud enough

I have the sammy 32 and the sound is terrible. Cant go much above 50% for distortion and wanted to send it back, but I love the set, picture, connection ports, freeview and have it rigged up to my Hi Fi so dont care about the TV sound.

I read a lot on this after I bought it and it would seem that I am not the only one with the distortion problem
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Feels weird!23
      2. Xiaomi redmi note 4 firmware11
      3. Breath of the Wild Replacement Cover?57
      4. Any advice on mobile networks.1114

See more discussions