Samsung M2026 not printing as it was even after toner refill.

Posted 12th Sep
Hi my Samsung printer is no longer printing as it was. The toner was running out and I watched a youtube video that was posted on here to refill the toner rather than buy a toner cartridge. The instructions were to let the original toner run down till I get the white lines when printing. I did not get the white line but instead got blurred font and distortion as you can see between the two pictures.

So I filled the cartridge with the toner I bought as per youtube instuctions. When I went to print again I am still getting the same quality as before. I have changed the paper, the print quality but it is doing the same thing. I have done a test print and the text is clear as anything. The 'After' images look better than what the print actually looks like. Please advise. Thank you.3542137-lUjzT.jpg3542137-i4bwg.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
11 Comments
If you mean the "opacity" of the print - i.e. the 'after' print looks washed out, it could just be the quality of toner. Not all toners are created equal!

Did you buy it off Ebay? Why did you go down the refill route - as opposed to just a cheap 'compatible' toner cart? Are they still too expensive?
Plenty of "China" sellers (although apparent UK stock) on Ebay:

Like this one - £11.39 (or cheaper):
ebay.co.uk/itm…Ynq

£11.75
ebay.co.uk/itm…Fgi

I used to pick up toner for my Dell for around £9 a pop but they are about £11 now so not wildly expensive, The print quality was almost on par with genuine carts - just a tad lighter in opacity.
Phsycronix12/09/2020 12:32

If you mean the "opacity" of the print - i.e. the 'after' print looks …If you mean the "opacity" of the print - i.e. the 'after' print looks washed out, it could just be the quality of toner. Not all toners are created equal!Did you buy it off Ebay? Why did you go down the refill route - as opposed to just a cheap 'compatible' toner cart? Are they still too expensive?

Lol, who buys laserjets for quality prints?
Did you change the chip aswell? I did my lexmark yesterday without any problems but I get my toner from proper suppliers.
These are even cheaper, as there is an Ebay code you can use to bring the price down:

£11.99 - less £2.40 using code: PICKSMALLBIZ = £9.59.
ebay.co.uk/itm…GCt

Plus some other sellers are also allowing the code.
radium12/09/2020 12:50

Did you change the chip aswell? I did my lexmark yesterday without any …Did you change the chip aswell? I did my lexmark yesterday without any problems but I get my toner from proper suppliers.

This is why I never bothered with refilling!

It's just as cheap (well, almost) to get a new cart. No mess - no fuss. Swap and go...
Phsycronix12/09/2020 12:32

If you mean the "opacity" of the print - i.e. the 'after' print looks …If you mean the "opacity" of the print - i.e. the 'after' print looks washed out, it could just be the quality of toner. Not all toners are created equal!Did you buy it off Ebay? Why did you go down the refill route - as opposed to just a cheap 'compatible' toner cart? Are they still too expensive?

The quality issue happened before I put in the new toner. It printed that first page fine as you can see and then every print after that appeared like the after pic. blurred, the font not clear as the first. Clearly the problem was there prior to adding the new toner so it has nothing to do with that. I have played around with the printer settings but nothing. It printed the test page out no probs.
Madtrex12/09/2020 14:21

The quality issue happened before I put in the new toner. It printed that …The quality issue happened before I put in the new toner. It printed that first page fine as you can see and then every print after that appeared like the after pic. blurred, the font not clear as the first. Clearly the problem was there prior to adding the new toner so it has nothing to do with that. I have played around with the printer settings but nothing. It printed the test page out no probs.

I see. Then it may well be the chip. It has been known that the chips can alter or reduce some printer settings due to the perceived "low" toner state. Then, if you manually refill the cart, it doesn't know and still thinks it's in a "low" state. I'd be inclined to purchase a new cart (such as detailed above) and see if things improve. New cart = new chip = normal settings.

Alternatively, I have seen/read Google articles which detail purchasing a new chip for your old cart(s) but in all honesty they seem almost as much as a new cart so; personally; I wouldn't bother myself. Reading about your particular model, it can also be things related to the fuser/drum which could just be coincidental to you replacing the toner.

I'm still a little "fuzzy" on what your issue is. You said printouts were 'blurry' before you refilled the toner. You also said you didn't get white lines. Then, after refilling you have the same blurry issue. That's fine and understood. Thing is, you then mentioned doing a "test print" which was:

"Clear as anything." (which sounds like a good thing?)

Now, when I look at your "after" image, I can see white lines/blocks and missing printout. Is that the test page printout or just a page of some document you printed? It reminds me of when an image has been saved in a really low resolution and has 'pixelated' to a degree. The white bits almost suggest toner that has become stuck to the fuser (from a previous print of the same doc) and are causing a "negative" effect on subsequent prints.

Looking in the "Troubleshooting" section of the manual doesn't really reveal any inspirational nuggets (other than cleaning) apart from this which did make me chuckle:

"When moving the machine, please make sure at least two people are holding the machine securely."

Christ! Just how big is this printer?
I'd replace the toner. I would suspect poor quality toner - maybe slightly damp?

But if I understand correctly you were getting blurring before anyway? so you could have issues with something else in the printer. image unit or fuser?

But start with a new toner.
Edited by: "mas99" 12th Sep
Phsycronix12/09/2020 17:54

I see. Then it may well be the chip. It has been known that the chips can …I see. Then it may well be the chip. It has been known that the chips can alter or reduce some printer settings due to the perceived "low" toner state. Then, if you manually refill the cart, it doesn't know and still thinks it's in a "low" state. I'd be inclined to purchase a new cart (such as detailed above) and see if things improve. New cart = new chip = normal settings.Alternatively, I have seen/read Google articles which detail purchasing a new chip for your old cart(s) but in all honesty they seem almost as much as a new cart so; personally; I wouldn't bother myself. Reading about your particular model, it can also be things related to the fuser/drum which could just be coincidental to you replacing the toner.I'm still a little "fuzzy" on what your issue is. You said printouts were 'blurry' before you refilled the toner. You also said you didn't get white lines. Then, after refilling you have the same blurry issue. That's fine and understood. Thing is, you then mentioned doing a "test print" which was:"Clear as anything." (which sounds like a good thing?)Now, when I look at your "after" image, I can see white lines/blocks and missing printout. Is that the test page printout or just a page of some document you printed? It reminds me of when an image has been saved in a really low resolution and has 'pixelated' to a degree. The white bits almost suggest toner that has become stuck to the fuser (from a previous print of the same doc) and are causing a "negative" effect on subsequent prints.Looking in the "Troubleshooting" section of the manual doesn't really reveal any inspirational nuggets (other than cleaning) apart from this which did make me chuckle:"When moving the machine, please make sure at least two people are holding the machine securely."Christ! Just how big is this printer?

Thank you for your reply. I didn't know about the chip thing. Now you mention it that is the last and more likely issue. I even used the printer on another computer and had the same issue so I have isolated the issue to the toner. I will be purchasing a new cartridge.

Just to clear up what I said. The toner was low on ink and after watching a video on here it instructed to fill the cartridge when white lines start appearing on the print outs. I didn't have the white lines but I had what is in the AFTER pic. If you look at the heading 'Pattern' there are blemishes in the font. My camera on my phone has brought everything into focus and made it look better than what we would see. The font edges are pixelated and blurry. If you look at the middle part with the 3 circles there is a now a dark box where in the first there is none and you can see the white specks. The bottom two charts are a lot darker compared to the first.

I will order a new cartridge and see if that sorts it out. I'll update this post for those that are interested in the outcome.

Thanks again for your help.
Madtrex12/09/2020 18:45

Thank you for your reply. I didn't know about the chip thing. Now you …Thank you for your reply. I didn't know about the chip thing. Now you mention it that is the last and more likely issue. I even used the printer on another computer and had the same issue so I have isolated the issue to the toner. I will be purchasing a new cartridge.Just to clear up what I said. The toner was low on ink and after watching a video on here it instructed to fill the cartridge when white lines start appearing on the print outs. I didn't have the white lines but I had what is in the AFTER pic. If you look at the heading 'Pattern' there are blemishes in the font. My camera on my phone has brought everything into focus and made it look better than what we would see. The font edges are pixelated and blurry. If you look at the middle part with the 3 circles there is a now a dark box where in the first there is none and you can see the white specks. The bottom two charts are a lot darker compared to the first. I will order a new cartridge and see if that sorts it out. I'll update this post for those that are interested in the outcome.Thanks again for your help.

Any update on the new cart? which did you go for please?
Post a comment
@
    Text