Samsung M31

Posted 9th Aug
Currently have a samsung S8... keep looking at upgrading but not really into paying thousands for a new phone.
What are peoples thoughts about the Samsung M31..
Seems to have a good camera.. memory and amazing battery life...
For £225 new, it seems a good phone..
Thoughts ?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
I have been looking at the M31 myself for last month or so and I am waiting for it to drop to the £200 mark before I bite

I have the galaxy S9 and my husband has the old Galaxy note 4. the note 4 is struggling so he needs a new phone. I was going to pass my s9 to him and buy a new phone but unfrotunately i dropped it and now the screen is cracked

As far as I can see, the M31 is a great mid range phone and tends to be available in europe, but it is on sale on amazon uk at the moment for £220 (I need £20 off that :)).

I wouldn't buy it for myself as it doesn't have NFC, and to me, this is important for a modern phone. My husband is not bothered about the NFC so it would suit him well.
mutley109/08/2020 16:30

I have been looking at the M31 myself for last month or so and I am …I have been looking at the M31 myself for last month or so and I am waiting for it to drop to the £200 mark before I bite I have the galaxy S9 and my husband has the old Galaxy note 4. the note 4 is struggling so he needs a new phone. I was going to pass my s9 to him and buy a new phone but unfrotunately i dropped it and now the screen is cracked As far as I can see, the M31 is a great mid range phone and tends to be available in europe, but it is on sale on amazon uk at the moment for £220 (I need £20 off that :)).I wouldn't buy it for myself as it doesn't have NFC, and to me, this is important for a modern phone. My husband is not bothered about the NFC so it would suit him well.

The UK variant does have NFC, but as of today is not available on Amazon, the only UK retailer.

amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Mobile-Phone-Smartphone/dp/B087KGR54J

"
Mikes
Verified Purchase
Very Impressed
I cannot recommend this phone enough, it’s superb value for money. The battery life is awesome, I charged it overnight got up at 7am and spent the day on the phone downloading/installing apps, configuring the phone how I want it, streaming music , videos, live TV , video calls, taking pictures and just about everything you could think of when playing with a new phone. When I finally put the thing down and went to bed at 11.30pm it had 27% battery charge left. Since then with ‘normal’ heavy usage including watching a full film on Netflix, spending hours on videos calls and loads of web surfing I usually have over 40% charge left at the end of the day.

In use the phone is fast, smooth and the screen and camera are fantastic. The NFC works great with no errors so far on around a dozen contactless payments and the Bluetooth links reliably to both our cars without issue.
I have upgraded from a Google Pixel mk1 which was a premium phone just 3.5 years ago. This phone blows it out of the water and is only £245.

*Update* after 1 month I can report that this phone has been faultless and I'm still delighted with it. Also, I don't understand why so many people in the Q&A are repeatedly asking if this phone has NFC. Just to reassure people it most definetely DOES have NFC and I've attached a couple of pictures to show this.
66 people found this helpful
Helpful
Report"
Edited by: "IamMT" 9th Aug
IamMT09/08/2020 16:54

The UK variant does have NFC, but as of today is not available on Amazon, …The UK variant does have NFC, but as of today is not available on Amazon, the only UK retailer. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Galaxy-Mobile-Phone-Smartphone/dp/B087KGR54J

yeah, that was the deal i was thinking of. i was waiting for that to come down to £200.

it wasn't clear to me whether NFC was available as everyone seems to say it is not and no where on the amazon spec does it say comes with NFC?
mutley109/08/2020 17:00

yeah, that was the deal i was thinking of. i was waiting for that to come …yeah, that was the deal i was thinking of. i was waiting for that to come down to £200.it wasn't clear to me whether NFC was available as everyone seems to say it is not and no where on the amazon spec does it say comes with NFC?

See pasted review, but v. sad I was going to get it today. I even asked @MrSwitch if I should wait for the m31s
Edited by: "IamMT" 9th Aug
IamMT09/08/2020 17:01

See pasted review, but v. sad I was going to get it today. I even asked …See pasted review, but v. sad I was going to get it today. I even asked @MrSwitch if I should wait for the m31s

i would feel uncomfortable buying something where the only confirmation of the spec comes from one of the reviews? not to mention a lot of reviews on amazon are fakes?

would be a bonus if it does come with NFC though.
Edited by: "mutley1" 9th Aug
OP - if you are interested, I am also keeping an eye on the galaxy A51. that is a better phone than the M31 as far as I can see. A little bit pricier at the moment so I am waiting.
IamMT09/08/2020 18:12

Comment deleted

No mate, that isn't even a Samsung.
Its just a cheap Chinese made phone.
There to try and dupe you into thinking its the Samsung equivalent
MrSwitch09/08/2020 18:14

No mate, that isn't even a Samsung.Its just a cheap Chinese made …No mate, that isn't even a Samsung.Its just a cheap Chinese made phone.There to try and dupe you into thinking its the Samsung equivalent

What would we do without you!
IamMT09/08/2020 18:12

Comment deleted

the M31s is better spec than the M31 so this looks really cheap. is it sold by amazon or a market seller? it looks like amazon.

this could be the next deal for mrswitch?

update - market seller, named ernest herb. that sounds like a dodgy name
Edited by: "mutley1" 9th Aug
IamMT09/08/2020 18:18

What would we do without you!

Probably be richer, maybe!
MrSwitch09/08/2020 18:18

Probably be richer, maybe!

I'
mutley109/08/2020 18:18

the M31s is better spec than the M31 so this looks really cheap. is it …the M31s is better spec than the M31 so this looks really cheap. is it sold by amazon or a market seller? it looks like amazon.this could be the next deal for mrswitch? update - market seller, named ernest herb. that sounds like a dodgy name

I've deleted that link, just in case anyone else is as foolish as me.
MrSwitch09/08/2020 18:14

No mate, that isn't even a Samsung.Its just a cheap Chinese made …No mate, that isn't even a Samsung.Its just a cheap Chinese made phone.There to try and dupe you into thinking its the Samsung equivalent

that is dastardly
mutley109/08/2020 18:21

that is dastardly

Yup. Look at this doozie, I won't provide a link, however, the name of the company, and the name of the phone.

41623936.jpg
Priced at £127
Edited by: "MrSwitch" 9th Aug
MrSwitch09/08/2020 18:29

Yup. Look at this doozie, I won't provide a link, however, the name of the …Yup. Look at this doozie, I won't provide a link, however, the name of the company, and the name of the phone.[Image] Priced at £127

that is the problem with buying on amazon non uk as the language is in german and google translation doesn't work every where on the page, it is not that easy to understand everything, and so you are more likely to fall for these dupes.

i would only ever buy from amazon non uk, where the deal has been flagged up on hukd and it is has become hot, and i can see positive comments from members on the deal.
Post a comment
@
    Text