Groups

samsung mobile series uk

just browsing throuhg phones rounding off 2016 & getting read for 2017 and some samsung phones came to my attention that i havent heard much of being the a7 & the j7 prime & the samsung c5 & c7

now i know there are j3's and j5's being sold here in the uk from highstreet retailers both of which in my opinion are overpriced for what the offer spec wise.

i know the a series is also sold by some highstreet retailers i think there is a 2015 & 2016 version of the a5 and i've seen a3's going about but again seem to be overpriced for the spec they offer.

have never heard of the c series here in the uk.

the one's i've named above I havent seen from a uk highstreet retailer / phone shop (though think i can get through amazon) & of course could most probably import if i really wanted.

so i guess the question is why? they all seem to have pretty good build quality seem to offer higher specs than the samsungs i have seen here.

5 Comments

Most phone manufacturers make many more handsets than just the ones that are sold in the uk

It is also an attempt by the same manufacturers to shake off more money from your pockets for not giving you much more in return, than the models in 2015 ! The improvements are only incremental and you would not notice the benefits easily and readily.

Their manufacturing cycles have to go on, hence the gimmicks and fancy new series . (and also non removable batteries becoming fashionalble, so you HAVE to compulsorily upgrade when the batteries die). Following the Apple iphone model of greedy business practices.

Onlydongles

It is also an attempt by the same manufacturers to shake off more money … It is also an attempt by the same manufacturers to shake off more money from your pockets for not giving you much more in return, than the models in 2015 ! The improvements are only incremental and you would not notice the benefits easily and readily.Their manufacturing cycles have to go on, hence the gimmicks and fancy new series . (and also non removable batteries becoming fashionalble, so you HAVE to compulsorily upgrade when the batteries die). Following the Apple iphone model of greedy business practices.

+1

landros1

+1

Apple didn't include non-removable batteries out of greed - it decreases the use of dodgy third party batteries that people still persist in buying for older Samsungs. There is no reason that someone has to upgrade once their battery gets bad; it's just not as straightforward as swapping a battery out. How many people ever bought new batteries for their S3 years down the line anyway though? Anyone that did wouldn't be savvy enough to buy an official one, they'd just buy one that looked ok off eBay (and probably said 'genuine' in the title), and it would perform badly, or swell up, or catch fire...and obviously it would be Samsung's fault as far as their opinion (or that of the Daily Mail article) was concerned.

Not every action taken by a phone manufacturer is because of greed - sometimes it's a design choice, sometimes it's to protect people from their own stupidity.

Not true Misterleoni !

I have a Samung note (the first and original one N-7000) . Replaced the battery twice in past so many years. Phone still going strong as ever. And got them from ebay for a fiver each.

Not all people are stupid. Perhaps, you are an Apple fanboi, too.

Try buying a genuine battery from Samsung site ! EIther not available (discontinued - so you buy a new phone) or its so expensive to put you off anyways, thus forcing you to buy a new handset, which doesnt allow the luxury of swapping batteries AND earning them a big buck, so their numbers look good.

I think the people who change their handsets every year are stupid, since any benefits of newer models are just tiny and incremental. Except to boost their egos and brownie points amongst friends.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 4K TV Deals?44
      2. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming22
      3. How to rejoin BT as New Customer when already with them?11
      4. Car park fine UKPC1418

See more discussions