Samsung MU7000 or LG 55SJ850 both around £900

Found 24th Nov 2017
hi there so these two tv's Samsung MU7000 or LG 55SJ850 both around £900 are on very, the samsung is 899 and the lg is 999 but is due to be reduced at 8pm so will be around 800-950 ish i would guess, so basically similar spec both came out within last year both 4k hdr 10 55 inch... both reviewed on most sites as 8-9/10 or 4/5 stars so both good, im really stuck at what to buy, is there an obvious TECH difference in specs or something ive missed, fo netlix, and odd gaming, both seem fine is there really, any big difference that would help me, my kids are going mad without a family tv and i dont wanna buy one and then 2 weeks later someone says ohh, you should of bought this one its better because xxxxxx.... thanks for any help people can give, i really appreciate it. also dont need other stores better deals, just moved house so my banks wiped out, very is buy now pay later so ideal even if slightly more expensive. cheers.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

The Samsung is the best according to the reviews. Just reading about it earlier, funnily enough as was googling ‘best 4k tv for gaming’

Original Poster

Samsung is better any reason why or just because of reviews... thanks

In HDR technology terms they're both wide gamut screens with very basic local dimming systems. The Samsung's seems a little better controlled, although no more capable.

Probably the biggest difference between them is that the LG is IPS while the Samsung is VA.

I'd probably go for a Sony XE85 if I had to spend that much, but it's not a very attractive price point right now. The TVs costing a few hundred on either side are more popular.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves1 h, 0 m ago

In HDR technology terms they're both wide gamut screens with very basic …In HDR technology terms they're both wide gamut screens with very basic local dimming systems. The Samsung's seems a little better controlled, although no more capable. Probably the biggest difference between them is that the LG is IPS while the Samsung is VA.I'd probably go for a Sony XE85 if I had to spend that much, but it's not a very attractive price point right now. The TVs costing a few hundred on either side are more popular.

the LG says its 100hz and samsung is 50 also lg has headphone socket, and also lg in john lewis is 850 and on very its 850.. while samsung is 1k in very but only 750 on jon lewis so much better saving on LG, i prefer samsung but it cost 250 more and if your telling me there the same hmm

also you dont seem thrilled at either haha, i mea i have only got around 900-1000 to spend on very so im never gonna end up with oled or whatever... u make it sound like both are crap but must be better than the 400-500 pound 4k tvs?

comedychris1 h, 18 m ago

the LG says its 100hz and samsung is 50 also lg has headphone socket, and …the LG says its 100hz and samsung is 50 also lg has headphone socket, and also lg in john lewis is 850 and on very its 850.. while samsung is 1k in very but only 750 on jon lewis so much better saving on LG, i prefer samsung but it cost 250 more and if your telling me there the same hmmalso you dont seem thrilled at either haha, i mea i have only got around 900-1000 to spend on very so im never gonna end up with oled or whatever... u make it sound like both are crap but must be better than the 400-500 pound 4k tvs?

I think the 55" M7000 is 100hz, it's just the 49" that's 50hz.

They are better sure, I'm just not sure they're sufficiently better to be worth spending the extra on - unlike the ~£1500 TVs with spectacular HDR or the benefits of OLED that are a clear improvement.

I'd put the sweet spot at 55" around £600-650 with models like the N6800, EX700 and MU6400 if you don't mind IPS. The MU7000 at £750 is more tempting than it's been until now though.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves46 m ago

I think the 55" M7000 is 100hz, it's just the 49" that's 50hz.They are …I think the 55" M7000 is 100hz, it's just the 49" that's 50hz.They are better sure, I'm just not sure they're sufficiently better to be worth spending the extra on - unlike the ~£1500 TVs with spectacular HDR or the benefits of OLED that are a clear improvement. I'd put the sweet spot at 55" around £600-650 with models like the N6800, EX700 and MU6400 if you don't mind IPS. The MU7000 at £750 is more tempting than it's been until now though.

i went for the mu7000, for 775, the 6400 and others at around 500 were apparently much worse with no;t 10 bit hdr worse build plastic etc, and as you said more hz and better input lag on mu7000 so worth the extra 200 ish, 750 is a lot but 1500 oleds etc, is literally double the price and even if they are 10x better i cant afford 1.5-2k thats to much lol appreciate the help and glad i finally made a decision, 4 people all said there similar tv's in specs but all said samsung had edge so... feel like i made good decision.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions