Expired

Samsung MU7000 tv and Xbox X HDR issue, help please...

Found 8th Jun
I have not long set up my MU 7000 55" tv, and just a quick question regarding Xbox x and HDR, does this tv show the Letters HDR on the gamepad icon on tv? I tried Forza 7 and it looked the same as usual on my old tv, my Xbox has all the 4k and the HDR stuff all ticked and on the tv I have enabled all the HDMI UHD COLOUR on the ports and I am in game mode.. I checked my picture settings while Forza was running and nothing had changed from my normal tv picture settings, backlight contrast etc... I read the picture settings should automatically change to a much higher value when HDR is on, and the gamepad icon on the tv did not show HDR.. any advice please
Community Updates
11 Comments
On forza horizon you have a hdr setting where you would find the brightness adjust setting in the menu. Not sure if forza 7 is the same.
andy18618617 m ago

On forza horizon you have a hdr setting where you would find the …On forza horizon you have a hdr setting where you would find the brightness adjust setting in the menu. Not sure if forza 7 is the same.

Thanks, will look later, I have Forza Horizon 3 as well so will look into that
Check this vid out - my settings are as per this and it defo changes settings to HDR. I don't use Game Mode either - works fine without it.

Linky
Edited by: "redbutcher" 8th Jun
redbutcher29 m ago

Check this vid out - my settings are as per this and it defo changes …Check this vid out - my settings are as per this and it defo changes settings to HDR. I don't use Game Mode either - works fine without it.Linky

Thanks will try later after Mrs fin watching her soaps, interesting in that vid he tured on the HDR + mode, every other video I have seen they say keep it off... does your gamepad icon say HDR on it when playing HDR games?
HDR+ is just oversaturating colours and enabling dynamic contrast for non-HDR content, it's got nothing to do with HDR.
Good point - I’ve just turned HDR+ off.

When my xb1x is on and I press the home icon on the smart remote and go across to settings, the picture mode shows the HDR letters bottom right hand corner.
redbutcher16 m ago

Good point - I’ve just turned HDR+ off. When my xb1x is on and I press the …Good point - I’ve just turned HDR+ off. When my xb1x is on and I press the home icon on the smart remote and go across to settings, the picture mode shows the HDR letters bottom right hand corner.

Yeah i finally got the gamepad icon with the HDR letters, that's great, Battlefront looks fab, I ran that insects demo thing to, that showed me that my 4k and HDR was up and running, thanks to those who responded for the help and advice on here
I turned game mode off and put hdr on it looks a lot better and I don’t notice the input la
You not get this on yours?
You have hdr on gamemode to, that's what I use anď all HDR settings are up on high
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants