Samsung N130 Reinstall Help

15 replies
Found 9th May 2010
Hi Folks looking for a little help here.

I need a fresh install on my N130.
I thought recovery discs were in the box but there is only a system software media containing the drivers etc.

What should I do?

Help appretiated. Thanks

15 Comments

you will need a cd of windows, why do you need to fresh install? what OS are you using?

press F4 at boot and choose full recovery

Original Poster

I have XP on it as it came. It has got c and d drive partitions nothing hidden that I know of.
I need a fresh install as I installed by accident some stupid dr spyware thing (not got the computer to hand) and it keeps trying to get me to pay to upgrade to full version. A google search did not seem to show a straight foward way of removing to.

So if I hit F4 on boot I need no discs? Will this help?

Thanks again folks

bum-trumpet;8566290

I have XP on it as it came. It has got c and d drive partitions nothing … I have XP on it as it came. It has got c and d drive partitions nothing hidden that I know of.I need a fresh install as I installed by accident some stupid dr spyware thing (not got the computer to hand) and it keeps trying to get me to pay to upgrade to full version. A google search did not seem to show a straight foward way of removing to. So if I hit F4 on boot I need no discs? Will this help?Thanks again folks

You should need no disc's as long as no one has broken the recovery partition.

Will it help :lol

It' is designed to put your system back to the first day you ever switched it on and setup your operating system.

before reformatting try typing msconfig into run and going to start up, deselecting it from startup items might be wise to do a (minimum start up), reboot, scan & registery scan with ccleaner then use their built in uninstaller to remove!!

^deselecting what ? and to remove what ?

some stupid dr spyware thing, is that not your reason for reformatting?

Dunno it's not me doing it. I just wondered what it was you were suggesting they remove.

Original; post below

Hi Folks looking for a little help here.I need a fresh install on my … Hi Folks looking for a little help here.I need a fresh install on my N130.I thought recovery discs were in the box but there is only a system software media containing the drivers etc.What should I do?Help appretiated. Thanks

bum-trumpet;8566290

I have XP on it as it came. It has got c and d drive partitions nothing … I have XP on it as it came. It has got c and d drive partitions nothing hidden that I know of.I need a fresh install as I installed by accident some stupid dr spyware thing (not got the computer to hand) and it keeps trying to get me to pay to upgrade to full version. A google search did not seem to show a straight foward way of removing to. So if I hit F4 on boot I need no discs? Will this help?Thanks again folks

Lol I even quoted it

TBh I only read So if I hit F4 on boot I need no discs? Will this help?

Thanks again folks

lol, i am the worst for not/pretending to read things ha!

dontasciime;8566614

TBh I only read So if I hit F4 on boot I need no discs? Will this … TBh I only read So if I hit F4 on boot I need no discs? Will this help?Thanks again folks

[FONT=Verdana]Assuming you've reinstalled the operating system you should consider installing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Spybot - Search & Destroy, so you have basic malware/spyware removal tools in place.

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

Scotty Boy;8567066

[FONT=Verdana]Assuming you've reinstalled the operating system you should … [FONT=Verdana]Assuming you've reinstalled the operating system you should consider installing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Spybot - Search & Destroy, so you have basic malware/spyware removal tools in place.Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

It's not me :lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21128
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769544
    3. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3065

See more discussions