Groups
    EXPIRED

Samsung NC10

Hi,

I'm after a Samsung NC10 notebook after lots of great advise from you guys - thanks a lot for this. Anyway - i was wondering about the price to pay for one of these? Seen them on amazon around 300 quid.

As there is a newer model out, do people expect the price to drop or is 300 the price its likely to stick around for a while as some sites have it a lot more.

Thanks all,

9 Comments

Even at £280, these seem to get a lot of heat here, I've got one and I love it!

Superb little machine, openSUSE 11.1 works perfectly on it. And battery life is brilliant.

The newer models in my opinion don't seem to be worth it, the NC20 is a 1.3Ghz Via processor and so probably really slow, but its bigger overall as it has a 12" screen.

I'm waiting for a Atom Dual Core with a Nvidia Graphics chipset.

Banned

Rash,

I was going to get the NC10, but then heard about the N110 which is meant to improve the battery life by 300mAh and the trackpad. I havent played with an NC10 yet though. Do you feel the trackpad is inhibited in anyway.

I've read so many reviews and its rated very very highly (the nc10).

IMO the trackpad on the NC10 is a little small - the N110 fixing this is nice.

If your happy to pay £300, then £340 (which is what the N110 is at Dixons) is probably worth it if you use the full extent of the battery like I do.

Banned

For the extra £40, its worth paying.
    I'll have to get myself in to a pc world. tempted to go for a 7" vaio but am sure i'll be squinting. Even then the nC10 and n110 have very good reviews.

lisak;5230458

Rash,I was going to get the NC10, but then heard about the N110 which is … Rash,I was going to get the NC10, but then heard about the N110 which is meant to improve the battery life by 300mAh and the trackpad. I havent played with an NC10 yet though. Do you feel the trackpad is inhibited in anyway. I've read so many reviews and its rated very very highly (the nc10).

The trackpad is small, and the buttons are rocker and not split which makes distinguishing between the two of them not so easy. Personally I'm not a fan of trackpads, i'd prefer a small mouse instead much easier and handier to use.

Ultimatley it comes down to price - it ALWAYS does, whatever you buy. But essentially your decision is like this:

if you don't care about the smaller trackpad that much, then get the NC10 for around £280 (easy to get it for MUCH less) and then buy a NC10 battery from ebay for £50 and for around £230 you have 2x the usage i.e. aound 12-14 hours of use, for less than the price of the N110!

Whats the point of buying the N110, when the only difference is the slighly larger trackpad and the slightly larger battey (about 1 hour extra usage).

See my point? I got the NC10 way before the N110 and NC20 came out.

the nc20 is bigger - has a better chip - i love my nc10 best thing i ever bought - best keyboard

dandoc2;5239924

the nc20 is bigger - has a better chip - i love my nc10 best thing i … the nc20 is bigger - has a better chip - i love my nc10 best thing i ever bought - best keyboard

1.3Ghz Via nano is better? is it the Same as HP 2133?

Banned

Thanks Rash.

Do you know if i can run ms office on the machine? I get the impression netbook means web only ( i know thats not the case).

lisak;5252152

Thanks Rash.Do you know if i can run ms office on the machine? I get the … Thanks Rash.Do you know if i can run ms office on the machine? I get the impression netbook means web only ( i know thats not the case).

Office is perfectly fine, buring CD/DVD, watching Movies (upto 720p HD) is fine.

Its not quite as slow as people make it out to be. Sure my Dual core 64 bit PC is way faster, but this thing aint slow.

Can do more than web only, I watch movies on it, download torrents using it as it's low power, multitask many things using it and even used it to develop some Java apps using Eclipse.

Just to let you know my experience of netbooks, I've had the HP 2133 which has the BEST keyboard of ALL the notebooks (REALLY!), the Acer one is cheap and very light to hold it with one hand and carry but both of these batteries are awful.

Neither compare with the NC10, definitely the best one out there.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Valspar paint11
      2. Private Number Plate11
      3. Raspberry pi as router for vpn24
      4. Xbox One Ex HDD Help11

See more discussions