Expired

Samsung NC10 / Intel® Atom N270 / 1.6GHz /1GB RAM

5 replies
Found 15th Jan 2009
Needing to get a laptop ASAP as this is my daughter's GCSE year and we can't all fight over the one PC any more!

This Samsung is currently being listed as a HUKD deal.

So, is this a good deal? Don't really understand the tech stuff too much so how does the Intel Atom compare with machines with Intel dual core processors and what about someone's comment that this doesn't have a CD/DVD drive (how the hell do you load applications on???) and isn't the memory, at 1gb a bit too small? Isn't loaded with Vista so the memory size may not be too much of an issue?

If I can get quick answers to these questions this might be a great buy if I can get it with the HUT Jan discount.

Mottmania

5 Comments

hi

think you'd be better with a bigger screen as 10 inch is quite small

try this at [url]www.pcworld.co.uk[/url] Advent 5421 Laptop for the Home and OfficeProduct code: 808912

bigger screen, duel core, 1.83ghz so faster processor
160GB HD
1GB memory (plenty enough)
under £300

pc world got loads great laptops on there, under £300

hope this helps:thumbsup:

it doesn't have a dvd drive,

its a net book not a laptop and at hut it has XP home.

pc worlds are all vista

better with a laptop rather than net book

A netbook will be fine for messing about on MSN/Myspace/Facebook, which is all she will ever do on it.

If your not travelling with it id say get a laptop, ive got an NC10 which I only ever use when im travelling and a full size laptop which I use at home.

The NC10 is a great model but little small to do school work on id say

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice everyone.

This has just been posted in the last couple of hours and given £300 is probaly all I can afford (well I can't afford anything really) wonderd if this would be good value for the price?

hotukdeals.com/ite…ss/

Mottmania
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?89
    2. word association Game74244939
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901
    4. Add one, leave one game54415485

See more discussions