Groups

Samsung Note 7 Replacements Catch Fire

26 Comments

just a blip

kiish

Oh how the mighty fall so fast.

Extremist inflammatory accusation, Samsung have millions of products, they are all good anyway.

Beast of a phone

http://a63.tinypic.com/nco4dh.jpg

Banned

they have stopped production!
    well they shouldn't release them every few months , same with apple

sofiasar

they have stopped production! well they shouldn't release them every few … they have stopped production! well they shouldn't release them every few months , same with apple

Allegedly.

Pops

For anyone intending to fly, they have a special announcement on planes for all owners of Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to switch off them off while on board (not leave them on flight mode), I guess they have to rely on passengers to listen to the message and act upon it. So be prepared if you intend to watch films, play games or listen to native music on your Note 7 bring an alternative.

Hardly fallen. In fact, just a small trip over an uneven paving slab
    bbc.co.uk/new…848

Still, nothing like a good red top headline, to garnish reactions, is there?

popolou

Allegedly.Pops

They have stopped production.
    bbc.co.uk/new…618

artnada

Hardly fallen. In fact, just a small trip over an uneven paving … Hardly fallen. In fact, just a small trip over an uneven paving slabhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37570848Still, nothing like a good red top headline, to garnish reactions, is there?

???
    This is a massive blow to their short and long term goals.

Short term - it was supposed to be their flagship phone that was released just before the iPhone 7. How many sales will they now lose due to not having a "new" phone out.

Long term - reputation damage. You're delusional if you think this won't have an impact on their reputation. The fact is they messed up and then messed up again with the apparent replacement.

I'm a Samsung fan and user and was looking at upgrading next month. What will I do now?

dtovey89

???This is a massive blow to their short and long term goals.Short term - … ???This is a massive blow to their short and long term goals.Short term - it was supposed to be their flagship phone that was released just before the iPhone 7. How many sales will they now lose due to not having a "new" phone out.Long term - reputation damage. You're delusional if you think this won't have an impact on their reputation. The fact is they messed up and then messed up again with the apparent replacement.I'm a Samsung fan and user and was looking at upgrading next month. What will I do now?

Also, the article linked is from 4 days ago - before production of the phone was halted and people were advised to seek refunds.

Edited by: "RossD89" 11th Oct 2016

Um, long term reputation damage? A small short term blip....much like,,,

Rememeber Apple's "bendgete"?
    Remember Apple's "You're holding it wrong"?

These things happen, and As with Apple, Samsung is such a well known, and respected brand, they willl bouce back...easily.

Oh, and I'm not delusional.

Original Poster

artnada

Hardly fallen. In fact, just a small trip over an uneven paving … Hardly fallen. In fact, just a small trip over an uneven paving slabhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37570848Still, nothing like a good red top headline, to garnish reactions, is there?

Yeah potential £10bn+ loss and falling share prices whilst its rivals (Apple) share price increasing at the same time is just a little "small" trip.

Not to forget Googles flagship Android phone about to launch as well. Who knows, Google may be able to capitalise on those Note customers.
    Edited by: "kiish" 11th Oct 2016

kiish

Yeah £10bn+ loss and falling share prices whilst it's rival increasing at … Yeah £10bn+ loss and falling share prices whilst it's rival increasing at the same time is just a little "small" trip

I remember in June 2015 Apple lost $60Billions in just 3 minutes, people said it was bad for Apple and would affect it. Nope

Samsung will survive, and will bounce back...with ease.

Original Poster

artnada

I remember in June 2015 Apple lost $60Billions in just 3 minutes, people … I remember in June 2015 Apple lost $60Billions in just 3 minutes, people said it was bad for Apple and would affect it. NopeSamsung will survive, and will bounce back...with ease.

It's value dropped because of the foreign market (China demand decrease). I don't recall Apple ever having a "similar" issue, bendgate and other crap cannot be compared to recalling a flagship model entirely after multiple failures of resolving the issues.

Customers paying £700 for exploding phones will likely lose trust in Samsung and go for alternatives.
    Edited by: "kiish" 11th Oct 2016

kiish

It's value dropped because of foreign market (China demand decrease). I … It's value dropped because of foreign market (China demand decrease). I don't recall Apple ever having a "similar" issue, bendgate and other crap cannot be compared to recalling a flagship model entirely after multiple failures of resolving the issues.

Ok mate. We'll all come back in a year and see if Samsung are a broken company then.
    Enjoy your day.

Original Poster

artnada

Ok mate. We'll all come back in a year and see if Samsung are a broken … Ok mate. We'll all come back in a year and see if Samsung are a broken company then. Enjoy your day.

No one claims they will be broken, they will be severely damaged though.

kiish

No one claims they will be broken, they will be severely damaged though.

Mate, drop it! I've basically said we'll agree to disagree.

artnada

They have stopped production.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37618618

Are you trolling?

Pops

popolou

Are you trolling?Pops

No. It was in answer to your post to "softisar" where you replied "Allegedly" to him saying they'd stopped production.

I was simply pointing out that it was now fact, as your post alluded to you being unsure.
    No troll lives here mate!

I think "Bendgate" was slightly less serious than phones that could potentially kill!!

artnada

No. It was in answer to your post to "softisar" where you replied … No. It was in answer to your post to "softisar" where you replied "Allegedly" to him saying they'd stopped production.I was simply pointing out that it was now fact, as your post alluded to you being unsure.No troll lives here mate!

I thought so. So you are trolling or you better get your skates on and update everyone else's posts on news items that have since moved on from when they were posted.

Pops

popolou

I thought so. So you are trolling or you better get your skates on and … I thought so. So you are trolling or you better get your skates on and update everyone else's posts on news items that have since moved on from when they were posted.Pops

​I actually think you believe what you've posted. oO

artnada

​I actually think you believe what you've posted. oO

Indeed I do and you still don't see where you went wrong.

Pops

This was inevitable. The constant need to produce the next model & battle with Apple

People will still buy samsung.I personally are keeping my handset.Wouldnt surprise me if it's corporate sabotage by a certain fruit company due to their new lacklustre same as the rest iPhone 7.Id rather go without then have another iphone.Ill take a chance due to no cases reported in the U.K. and to be honest I doubt there will be.Apple would never dream of doing a recall even though they offered sub standard devices for years amd got away with it.Switched up software updates and fast changing and use slow wireless charging only amd it'll be fine.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?32158
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…77
      3. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism69
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764316

See more discussions