Groups

Samsung omnia 7? has anyone got one?

So a guy has one locally £150 seems cheap compared to ebay comes with a receipt , is it worth it? whats the phone like. Im looking for person opinions. Just need something to use till i find a good deal on an iphone 4.

11 Comments

If you can trust them enough to know it won't get blocked then buy it.

You could always sell it on if you don't get on with it.

Original Poster

jtx

If you can trust them enough to know it won't get blocked then buy it.You … If you can trust them enough to know it won't get blocked then buy it.You could always sell it on if you don't get on with it.

Yeah going to go for it. Spoke to him. Going to his address. Never had a windows 7 phone.

I have one. The screen is amazing. The build quality is high. The operating system is good and is going to get a helluva lot better. iOS 5 has copied some of the ideas from the current version of windows phone as well as copying some future improvements that are coming in the mango update. Mango will add massive amounts to the phone.

Multitasking
    Hardware accelerated browser
    HTML 5
    SMS dictation
    Bing vision and Bing audio
    Facebook chat integration
    Twitter integration
    Fast app resume

To name a few. I do sound a bit like a fanboy I am aware :P. But I do really like windows phone. It's fun and different and a pleasure to use. The omnia 7 is the best phone to really show off what it can do right now.

If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer.
    Edited by: "maximoshark" 9th Jun 2011

Saw one go for £130 on ebay the other day.

Original Poster

Hmm even if i lose out it isnt too much. Oh well will give it a go. It was either a windows 7 phone or Palm pre 2.

MarzBarz

Hmm even if i lose out it isnt too much. Oh well will give it a go. It … Hmm even if i lose out it isnt too much. Oh well will give it a go. It was either a windows 7 phone or Palm pre 2.

The omnia is a better investment. With the new update out later this year I wouldn't be suprised if it goes up in value.

Original Poster

Purchased it, the guy is a friend of a friend lol.

maximoshark

I have one. The screen is amazing. The build quality is high. The … I have one. The screen is amazing. The build quality is high. The operating system is good and is going to get a helluva lot better. iOS 5 has copied some of the ideas from the current version of windows phone as well as copying some future improvements that are coming in the mango update. Mango will add massive amounts to the phone.MultitaskingHardware accelerated browserHTML 5SMS dictationBing vision and Bing audioFacebook chat integrationTwitter integrationFast app resumeTo name a few. I do sound a bit like a fanboy I am aware :P. But I do really like windows phone. It's fun and different and a pleasure to use. The omnia 7 is the best phone to really show off what it can do right now. If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer.

does this phone come with mobile excel & word?

r4ge

does this phone come with mobile excel & word?

Sort of yeah. It lets you view and edit documents but at the moment how much you can edit is pretty limited. One note is cool though.

Original Poster

Wow its completely different. Hmm its really smooth, tbh i think its better than android.

MarzBarz

Wow its completely different. Hmm its really smooth, tbh i think its … Wow its completely different. Hmm its really smooth, tbh i think its better than android.

Awesome. Connect it up with zune and make sure you have the latest update. Have fun with it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism46
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846214
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6551247
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764314

See more discussions