Posted 10th Nov 2021
Ordered a new Samsung TV on 08/11 using blue light card discount and additional discount code that was provided on her (code GALAXY) that took down the costs of The Frame 65" from 1039 to 839.
I paid via Paypal Finance and had confirmation of my order with an order ID and whilst I selected a delivery date of 09/11 and got a confirmation email stating that date was selected, I got another email from the courier to advise the TV would be delivered on 10/11.

Following from the order I booked in an installer to wall mount the TV and to secure his services for the same date as delivery which I paid a deposit for(trial and tested handyman).

Last night the courier (Panther) emailed me with a time slot for delivery of 11 - 1, which I forwarded on to the installer as he was booked in for 5pm.

This morning at 6:30am I get an email from the courier to advised the order has been cancelled as the supplier (Samsung) has not dispatched the TV to them!

Contacted Samsung and the best they can do is escalate the matter to logistics and contact me back in 24/48hrs hopefully with a new date!
I asked why they could not provide me a new delivery date there and then and they advised that this was their process.

A complete joke of customer service!
Any one else had the same issue/similar? What did you do rectify promptly?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
Top comments
I had no idea a TV order cancellation could be a crisis. Lucky you if these are the problems you have.
Don't see what the problem is, Samsung have said they'll look into it and get back to you in 24/48hrs.
22 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Don't see what the problem is, Samsung have said they'll look into it and get back to you in 24/48hrs.
  2. Avatar
    I had no idea a TV order cancellation could be a crisis. Lucky you if these are the problems you have.
  3. Avatar
    I know it's a hassle when you have already booked the handyman. But I don't see any other options but to sit tight and await Samsung's response.
  4. Avatar
    Oh well these things happen, maybe next time wait til you've got the TV before booking your handy man (never heard of a handy man wanting deposit before !)
  5. Avatar
    rik11110/11/2021 10:40

Oh well these things happen, maybe next time wait til you've got the TV …Oh well these things happen, maybe next time wait til you've got the TV before booking your handy man (never heard of a handy man wanting deposit before !)

Neither have I. Suppose it depends on their "level of expertise"
  6. Avatar
    To answer your question:
    You can message them on all their public support channels to kick up the biggest fuss.

To mitigate disappointment in future:
    Don’t count your chickens before they hatch.

All employees are human and they are prone to make mistakes. I'm not excusing incompetence or negligence, but the more people count their chickens before they hatch, the more companies will start to underpromise in order to be able to overdeliver.

Best to order from smaller companies for circumstances like this as your money actually means something to them and will actually bend over backwards to help you (like Richer Sounds).

No, I'm not sponsored by them.
  7. Avatar
    Good luck. Many people on here have had our S21 ultra orders cancelled today (on the day of delivery) as Samsung realised they shouldn't have allowed an additional discount to be used with student discount.
  8. Avatar
    Author
    Russ262610/11/2021 11:08

Good luck. Many people on here have had our S21 ultra orders cancelled …Good luck. Many people on here have had our S21 ultra orders cancelled today (on the day of delivery) as Samsung realised they shouldn't have allowed an additional discount to be used with student discount.

Have you had confirmation that the order was cancelled specifically due to this additional discount?
  9. Avatar
    mbd10/11/2021 11:28

Have you had confirmation that the order was cancelled specifically due to …Have you had confirmation that the order was cancelled specifically due to this additional discount?

No, I just received a cancellation email on the day of delivery with no reason given.

It's clear that this was the reason though as Samsung stopped many orders that were in transit with DPD and requested they were returned to them. One member received a reply from customer service that it was cancelled due to a misprice (was still over £700 though).
  10. Avatar
    Author
    Whilst not a phone I wonder if this is why my TV has not been delivered...
  11. Avatar
    My tv was the same from Samsung, it kept saying was out for delivery and wasn't. It seems to be Panther saying its out for delivery when theyve not received the item yet. It came once i received a dispatch email from Samsung themselves. So i contacted Panther to pick delivery date by live chat rather than waiting on Panther contacting me with a new delivery date.

I checked my emails and i received my tv 6 days after my order.
    Edited by: "Dubski92" 10th Nov
  12. Avatar
    Author
    Dubski9210/11/2021 12:33

My tv was the same from Samsung, it kept saying was out for delivery and …My tv was the same from Samsung, it kept saying was out for delivery and wasn't. It seems to be Panther saying its out for delivery when theyve not received the item yet. It came once i received a dispatch email from Samsung themselves. So i contacted Panther to pick delivery date by live chat rather than waiting on Panther contacting me with a new delivery date.I checked my emails and i received my tv 6 days after my order.

Assuming this wasn't using the 'GALAXY' discount code?
    Edited by: "mbd" 10th Nov
  13. Avatar
    mbd10/11/2021 12:38

Assuming this wasn't using the 'GALAXY' discount code?

Nah wasnt with the code GALAXY but was through the student portal for the really good discounts and there was an extra £50 off £500 spend at the time. I had ordered on the 27th October. I think they're just not sending the tvs out as quick as they used to, maybe theres loads of orders, so maybe yours will come in another few days
  14. Avatar
    i was going to post a thread to ask people's experience with samsung as i have ordered a fridge freezer from them and it was to be delivered this morning but panther texted me this morning to say that they will have to cancel the delivery as they haven't received the fridge.

someone else is having the same problem as theirs was supposed to have been delivered yesterday and then was told it would be delivered on thursday and now to be told actually they can't see the delivery for thursday anymore.

i went on live chat with samsung and they said they don't know where my fridge is as they can't look into it until tomorrow as it may still come today but the status on my samsung account is that it hasn't been dispatched by samsung. so now have to wait for the dispatch email from them.

the nuisance is that we had emptied the fridge freezer last night for the delivery as we have paid for them to take the old one away so now have to put everything back and don't know when the new fridge is going to come now so just have to wait. really poor service. if the fridge breaks down, i think the guarantee will be worthless with these clowns.
  15. Avatar
    mbd10/11/2021 11:47

Whilst not a phone I wonder if this is why my TV has not been delivered...

I'm starting to wonder the same thing.

I ordered a TV using the discount portal + galaxy discount code.
    It was supposed to be delivered the next day. I rang Panther who said not to worry it will come today except it hasn't.

3 times it's been re-arranged in less than a week, I wonder if this is a delay tactic until Samsung figures out what is going on!
  16. Avatar
    popoman13/11/2021 16:01

I'm starting to wonder the same thing.I ordered a TV using the discount …I'm starting to wonder the same thing.I ordered a TV using the discount portal + galaxy discount code.It was supposed to be delivered the next day. I rang Panther who said not to worry it will come today except it hasn't.3 times it's been re-arranged in less than a week, I wonder if this is a delay tactic until Samsung figures out what is going on!

Any luck? I got mine with the double whammy code and employee account. Just wondering how lucky I was!
  17. Avatar
    issynazar18/11/2021 19:29

Any luck? I got mine with the double whammy code and employee account. …Any luck? I got mine with the double whammy code and employee account. Just wondering how lucky I was!

Yes! A week late but it finally arrived.
  18. Avatar
    I'm currently going through this. Did you eventually get your TV. I ordered a Samsung TV using blue light discount during the black Friday period. I was supposed to have it delivered today and everything checked out. I even called Samsung yesterday to confirm and I was told it will come today. I got a mail it's out for dispatch only to wake up this morning and get a message from Panther that it will no longer be delivered today. This is so frustrating. Did you manage to get yours eventually?
  19. Avatar
    Boloxine_O18/12/2021 10:04

I'm currently going through this. Did you eventually get your TV. I …I'm currently going through this. Did you eventually get your TV. I ordered a Samsung TV using blue light discount during the black Friday period. I was supposed to have it delivered today and everything checked out. I even called Samsung yesterday to confirm and I was told it will come today. I got a mail it's out for dispatch only to wake up this morning and get a message from Panther that it will no longer be delivered today. This is so frustrating. Did you manage to get yours eventually?

don't worry, it will turn up sooner or later.

my fridge finally turned up 3 days later. samsung is very poor at communication. i found out that you need to wait for a dispatch email from samsung and not panther as panther automates delivery emails on expectation rather than having the actual item for delivery. from the log, my fridge got to panther at around 11am on the delivery date, when the delivery was booked for the morning, so panther cancelled my delivery and did not deliver until 3 days later.

i think the problem is actually panther, which seems to be a very cheap delivery service, comparable to the likes of hermes, as they delivered my fridge freezer in a ford transit van instead of a lorry, so the fridge freezer would have been lying on its back during transit, instead of stading up. not sure if this will cause damage to the fridge in some way as that is not the natural way for a fridge to be stored.
  20. Avatar
    mutley118/12/2021 11:38

don't worry, it will turn up sooner or later.my fridge finally turned up 3 …don't worry, it will turn up sooner or later.my fridge finally turned up 3 days later. samsung is very poor at communication. i found out that you need to wait for a dispatch email from samsung and not panther as panther automates delivery emails on expectation rather than having the actual item for delivery. from the log, my fridge got to panther at around 11am on the delivery date, when the delivery was booked for the morning, so panther cancelled my delivery and did not deliver until 3 days later.i think the problem is actually panther, which seems to be a very cheap delivery service, comparable to the likes of hermes, as they delivered my fridge freezer in a ford transit van instead of a lorry, so the fridge freezer would have been lying on its back during transit, instead of stading up. not sure if this will cause damage to the fridge in some way as that is not the natural way for a fridge to be stored.

Thank you so much for your reply. I got a mail from Samsung that my TV had been dispatched. That's my confusion. The Samsung staff have not been helpful in telling me what is happening. They have asked me to wait while they inform their logistics and get back to me within a day. I guess I have no choice than to wait.
  21. Avatar
    Boloxine_O18/12/2021 12:30

Thank you so much for your reply. I got a mail from Samsung that my TV had …Thank you so much for your reply. I got a mail from Samsung that my TV had been dispatched. That's my confusion. The Samsung staff have not been helpful in telling me what is happening. They have asked me to wait while they inform their logistics and get back to me within a day. I guess I have no choice than to wait.

i found a lot of the samsung staff do not speak english fluently so i think they may actually be based abroad. they don't normally know any more than what is recorded on your samsung account. they have to pass enquiries to their warehouse. give it a couple of days and hopefully by monday you will hear back from panther to say they will re-deliver.
  22. Avatar
    Similar issue here.

Ordered TV in black Friday sale as a Xmas upgrade for mum's ancient telly.
    Order placed 27th Nov in the afternoon.
    Due for delivery 13th Dec.
    Email from Panther (courier) on the 13th saying the item hasn't arrived with them in time for delivery.
    Rescheduled for the 22nd.... guess what as I sit here typing this on the 22nd
    New delivery date is 6-7th January - just in time for Christmas ay!

Call to Samsung at 9:20am (surprisingly no hold music and instantly connected). Spoke with overseas customer services representative. Inflexible and unable to provide alternative options (collect from depot, collect in a partner store, compensation so I can get a different product at similar price).

The thing I find frustrating here is that on Black Friday / cyber Monday retailers were competing for custom. Samsung have very cleverly here allowed their sales to outstrip demand and locked in a customer with a pending purchase during both black Friday and the boxing day / Jan sales.

I'll be avoiding Samsung in the future unless I have the luxury of waiting 2 months (and 2 discount periods)
Post a comment
Top Merchants