Expired

Samsung Phone Warranty

Found 12th Apr 2014
Hi there,
I am looking to buy a Samsung Galaxy S4 or S4 Mini from Cash Generator.
I know they give 1 month or 14 day Warranty but will it still come with original Samsung warranty if its pre owned?
How about if I get a Samsung of eBay it doesn't say it has warranty but it is brand new will it come with Samsung warranty?
Another quick question, If I was to but a Sony Xperia SP from 02 for £169.99 PAYG and I'm on Three Network and if I was to unlock it will it still have warranty
Thanks

15 Comments

I'd read the reviews on their facebook page! Looks like a place to stay clear of.

If you buy from Cash Generator or a similar shop, you will only get the warranty the shop provides. The same applies to an EBay purchase, unless the phone is sold new with warranty. If no warranty is mentioned, then there is no warranty with the phone. If you buy the SP from O2 and unlock it, then you will still have your warranty, but the warranty will be with O2, as you purchased the phone from there originally. If you buy it from Carphone on any network, it will already be unlocked, and you can put your 3 sim straight in it.

Samsung S4 or s4 mini hasn't been out for 2 years so manufacturers warranty still applies. When you first activate it states device registered successfully when you register the Samsung Account. If Cash converters give you receipt just keep in safe place. Ask for original paperwork if available.

I think the warranty only covers the end user and is valid from the first of sale so if the phone is 12 months old you get the remainder of the warranty that is left the Samsung site states 'The warranty period applies from the date of purchase by the first customer and is transferable only between end-users.

Edited by: "hairyboxxox" 13th Apr 2014

I bought an S3 from Smartfonestore, which was sold with a 60 day warranty, however when the phone became a brick after the 4.3 update, I called Samsung who were happy to repair the phone, as it was still under the original 2 year Samsung warranty, they checked the serial/imei number and were happy to repair it, although had to be done via returning the phone to them using their free returns bag. I could have used, Carphonewarehouse in store repair service, but they wanted the original invoice showing the imei number.

As Samsung know the phones less than 2 years old your still covered under the Samsung warranty.

Original Poster

Taliban_Army

I bought an S3 from Smartfonestore, which was sold with a 60 day … I bought an S3 from Smartfonestore, which was sold with a 60 day warranty, however when the phone became a brick after the 4.3 update, I called Samsung who were happy to repair the phone, as it was still under the original 2 year Samsung warranty, they checked the serial/imei number and were happy to repair it, although had to be done via returning the phone to them using their free returns bag. I could have used, Carphonewarehouse in store repair service, but they wanted the original invoice showing the imei number. As Samsung know the phones less than 2 years old your still covered under the Samsung warranty.

Was it new?
And your username made me laugh for some reason Lol
Edited by: "hamzabaig" 13th Apr 2014

Don't listen to the advice saying the Samsung warranty is void if you buy from Cash generator, eBay etc, I bought a second hand S4 from eBay and Samsung repaired it under warranty with no hassle when it broke.

Samsung warranty goes by Serial number, not who bought it originally.

Edited by: "GoatzRus" 13th Apr 2014

Original Poster

GoatzRus

Don't listen to the advice saying the Samsung warranty is void if you buy … Don't listen to the advice saying the Samsung warranty is void if you buy from Cash generator, eBay etc, I bought a second hand S4 from eBay and Samsung repaired it under warranty with no hassle when it broke.Samsung warranty goes by Serial number, not who bought it originally.I heard you have to have a receipt of original purchase

Original Poster

borofan47

If you buy from Cash Generator or a similar shop, you will only get the … If you buy from Cash Generator or a similar shop, you will only get the warranty the shop provides. The same applies to an EBay purchase, unless the phone is sold new with warranty. If no warranty is mentioned, then there is no warranty with the phone. If you buy the SP from O2 and unlock it, then you will still have your warranty, but the warranty will be with O2, as you purchased the phone from there originally. If you buy it from Carphone on any network, it will already be unlocked, and you can put your 3 sim straight in it.

So if i brought the sp and unlocked it the warranty will still be covered? do they unlock it for free
what about this will it have warranty: ebay.co.uk/itm…912
it is new but doesn't say warranty

hamzabaig

When I made a warranty claim all they asked was where I bought it from, told them Ebay and they were fine with it.

GoatzRus

[quote=hamzabaig] [quote=GoatzRus] So if i brought the sp and unlocked … [quote=hamzabaig] [quote=GoatzRus] So if i brought the sp and unlocked it the warranty will still be covered? do they unlock it for freewhat about this will it have warranty: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S-4-Mini-GT-I9195-8-GB-White-Frost-Unlocked-Smartphone-/251495237906?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item3a8e48c912it is new but doesn't say warranty

That item on Ebay states it is already unlocked.. If it is new it will have a full 2 year warranty

Original Poster

hairyboxxox

That item on Ebay states it is already unlocked.. If it is new it will … That item on Ebay states it is already unlocked.. If it is new it will have a full 2 year warranty

So if i but it, it has 2 years warranty?
It also says'Please be warned that these come with EU adapters as this is a GERMAN SPEC phone, everything will work the same you just need a UK USB adapter. the Manual is in German but you can find the English equivalent online.'

hamzabaig

So if i brought the sp and unlocked it the warranty will still be … So if i brought the sp and unlocked it the warranty will still be covered? do they unlock it for freewhat about this will it have warranty: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S-4-Mini-GT-I9195-8-GB-White-Frost-Unlocked-Smartphone-/251495237906?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item3a8e48c912it is new but doesn't say warranty

The phone at the link above offers a 2 year warranty for a fee. This should not be necessary as all Samsung handsets sold in the UK have a free two year warranty as standard. So they are selling you something that should be free.

"Was it new?
And your username made me laugh for some reason Lol"

The phone was used but sold as grade A, like new condition, and it was in mint unmarked condition.

With my username......well somebody has to be the bad guy......Lol
Edited by: "Taliban_Army" 15th Apr 2014

Original Poster

Taliban_Army

"Was it new?And your username made me laugh for some reason Lol"The phone … "Was it new?And your username made me laugh for some reason Lol"The phone was used but sold as grade A, like new condition, and it was in mint unmarked condition.With my username......well somebody has to be the bad guy......LolLol yeah I spoke to samsung on the phone they said we can only check if it has warranty we cant check how long so you have to get warranty from an insurance company and they told me one which where i went on it quoted me £3 a month to cover a s4 inc water damage, liquid and cracked screen :)) Btw thats if its preowned

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants