Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Samsung Q67 65”

Posted 10th Jul 2019
Hello Everyone

Buying a new tv and quite like the look of the
SAMSUNG QE65Q67RATXXU

Now curry’s only sell it I can see and there’s not much reviews being a new tv but was wondering if anyone has any input on them?

Is it the budget Q range? It seems quite expensive for a budget tv tbh but wanted some opinions before purchasing

Thanks

Dean
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
All I would consider, Do you want new tech vs LCD which may not be as fine tuned ( large panel OLED ) . Do you watch football, some TVs have lovely pictures but not so great at fast action like football. HDMI 2.1 may or may not be important in the future.
Millionvoltage10/07/2019 19:33

All I would consider, Do you want new tech vs LCD which may not be as fine …All I would consider, Do you want new tech vs LCD which may not be as fine tuned ( large panel OLED ) . Do you watch football, some TVs have lovely pictures but not so great at fast action like football. HDMI 2.1 may or may not be important in the future.

I watch f1, lots of fast moving movies and gaming
Everyone was buying a couple of months ago when the 2018 models were on clearance. Now that's finished now is generally the most expensive time of the year, so don't buy without big offers.

The Currys exclusive models almost always correspond to the next model down in terms of the display, so it's likely a Q60 with some additional features such as a second tuner.

Samsung have pushed the QLED branding onto cheaper sets this year, the Q60 lacks local dimming for example, and I'd expect it to end up at a lower price than the Q6 and NU8000 did this year, maybe ultimately going below the £900 mark (especially with the industry opening up new Gen 10.5 fabs to ramp up 65" and 75" production capacity).
I need a tv like before the weekend so when that came up I thought was a good offer, it’s hard to see any reviews on them too

The guys in there were pushing me to buy a sony
Sony are often a good choice at this time of year as the prices drop less over the year than Samsung so they're better value early on in their lives (Hisense are another good candidate).

There's also a fair number of last year's Sony XF90s around for £1400 which is a much more capable TV than a Q60 (it was competing with the Q8FN and Q8DN). Although I wouldn't spend that much unless the stuff you're watching is available in HDR etc. as content quality is often the limiting factor right now.
Most of the stuff I will end up watching will be UHD and the gaming side, I’ve always preferred Samsung’s not sure why just always never had an issue to be honest, now I’m not sure what I want As the Samsung new range seems to of taken over the old range and to find a good 65” it’s harder than I thought x
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants