SAMSUNG QE55Q6FAMT 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR QLED TV

Found 3rd Jan
Hi before i part with my hard-earned cash i was wondering if anyone has this tv? I do know this is the Q6 model and the Q7 and Q8 and so on would be better. but the Q6 is in my budget. I'm just worried that's there's better out there, and I'll miss out lol. I'm open to all suggestions and my budget is £1000 max. thanks
Community Updates
AskElectronics
9 Comments
Is it at £949? Samsung themselves put it between a MU7000 and MU8000 and considering the 55MU8000 is £899 I wouldn't go for the Q6. Sony XE9005 is a much better TV also and that's been down to £1k. Q6 hasn't been reviewed much so I just wouldn't risk it.
That model hasn't been reviewed so it's difficult to know whether it's any good. What attracted you to that particular model?
MIDURIX1 h, 19 m ago

Samsung themselves put it between a MU7000 and MU8000

Where?
MIDURIX2 h, 19 m ago

Is it at £949? Samsung themselves put it between a MU7000 and MU8000 and …Is it at £949? Samsung themselves put it between a MU7000 and MU8000 and considering the 55MU8000 is £899 I wouldn't go for the Q6. Sony XE9005 is a much better TV also and that's been down to £1k. Q6 hasn't been reviewed much so I just wouldn't risk it.

Yeah, I liked the fact that it's an qled tv, the colours are stunning. Obviously it's not going to compete with an oled. But it is beautiful to look at in the shop with the hdr it stands out like a sore thumb. I'll check out the Sony cheers
EndlessWaves1 h, 3 m ago

That model hasn't been reviewed so it's difficult to know whether it's any …That model hasn't been reviewed so it's difficult to know whether it's any good. What attracted you to that particular model? Where?

The QLED is Samsung's new technology to rival OLED. it can't compete with the black levels of an OLED but the colours are far more vibrant, together with hdr give it a wow factor, i recommended to check it out given the chance.
EndlessWaves1 h, 9 m ago

That model hasn't been reviewed so it's difficult to know whether it's any …That model hasn't been reviewed so it's difficult to know whether it's any good. What attracted you to that particular model? Where?

Going by their picture quality index 2500 for q6, 2300 for 7000 and 2600 for 8000. Q7 is 3200.
STRICKIBHOY51 m ago

The QLED is Samsung's new technology to rival OLED.

No, it isn't.

Until 2017 the term QLED was used for the possibility of self-emitting quantum dot displays. In 2017 Samsung decided to rename their high end LCD range from SUHD to QLED after acquiring the rights to the name, despite little change in technology.

It presumably refers to the Quantum Dot Enhancement Film (QDEF) which goes in front of the backlight to produce a different spectum as an alternative to using LCDs with different phospers. QDEF is used by quite a few TV companies including LG (Nano Cell), Hisense (ULED) and Philips. Sony were the first to introduce it a few years ago, but have since switched back to advanced phospers.

Depending on how you measure either LG's SJ950 LCD or Sony or Samsung's high end models are able to produce the widest colour range.

The big impact of quantum dots looks like it'll come when it moves from behind the LCD to in front of it. a Quantum Dot Colour Filter (QDCF) rather than the QDEF. It won't solve the haloing - that still requires a good local dimming system - but it should produce the much better viewing angles of OLEDs.
Okay it was worded poorly, it isn't new technology, but Samsung are rebranding their high end models qled of late. And arguably depending of reviews,the Q9 is one of the best 4k tv's out today. In all honesty, i was relatively familiar with some Samsung tv's but never knew much about the QLED's.
So other brands use the quantum dot too, but call it something else?
STRICKIBHOY13 h, 57 m ago

So other brands use the quantum dot too, but call it something else?

Or even the same thing. Philips calls it Quantum Dot on models like the POS9002, TCL (who sell in Europe and North America but no the UK) also use the QLED term.
I've heard lots of different people say that QLED is nowhere near as good as an OLED, haven't seen either myself though.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants