samsung ru7100 sky q problems

Posted 30th Jan
Hi there, i was wondering if anyone knows of any issues with samsung ru7100 models and sky q? there is no uhd section when i select cinema or box sets, i have contacted sky and they have said it might be the tv, the guy said that there was some iproblems with older 4k tvs, the samsung that i bought was last years model, if anyone can help it would be appreciated..
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Have you changed the resolution on your skyq settings ? Have you got the skyq box plugged into a 4k compatible hdmi port ? If you look on the web for the manual it will tell you which ones are 4k compatible . On some models only say 2 of 4 are capable of 4k signal
Edited by: "chunk1985" 30th Jan
thanks for your reply, the engineer used the a high speed hdmi cable that came with the box and i have tried changing the resolution but the highest i can go is 1080p, there is no option for 4k
You sure you have SkyQ Experience which means 4k is activated on your subscription.

You don't automatically get 4K when you upgrade to SkyQ. If you have they might have an error on your account. Also only 2TB and 1TB box have UHD.

Check for software update on box and also audio/visual menu to select UHD as I'm sure by default it is set to 1080i
sportsy30/01/2020 19:19

thanks for your reply, the engineer used the a high speed hdmi cable that …thanks for your reply, the engineer used the a high speed hdmi cable that came with the box and i have tried changing the resolution but the highest i can go is 1080p, there is no option for 4k

The sky q 1tb box doesn't do 4k it's only the 2tb. You can tell which box is what by the control. I found out that way too, was gutted. So if by example you want 4k Netflix, watch it through Ann app rather than the sky box app.
You need both a Sky Q 2tb box and Sky Q Experience (multiroom) to have 4K access.
STRICKIBHOY30/01/2020 20:14

The sky q 1tb box doesn't do 4k it's only the 2tb. You can tell which box …The sky q 1tb box doesn't do 4k it's only the 2tb. You can tell which box is what by the control. I found out that way too, was gutted. So if by example you want 4k Netflix, watch it through Ann app rather than the sky box app.

The new SkyQ 1TB is 4K
bally1234531/01/2020 14:06

The new SkyQ 1TB is 4K

Apologies, I did not know this. Just means I'm stuck way the old one
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 31st Jan
thanks guys, sky said i had all the relevant subscriptions, how do u know what box you have?
just checked i have sky q experience and a 2tb box
Have you tried another 4K device?
I’ve just got this tv and my sky uhd is working fine pal. Sure the picture settings on Q box are set to UHD?
thanks all, it was a faulty box, everthing has been restored
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants