Samsung S10 from Gumtree

Posted 17th Jan
Hi guys,

I am interested in buying Samsung S10 from Gumtree. Problem is that I am long time Apple user and do not know how to check if everything is “working”. Like it is not stolen (something like apple ID lock), everything is working etc.
I tried to find something like apple has- check it by serial number but there is not anything...

Just want to make sure it is legit. Any help, idea and advice will be higly appreciated. Thanks.

(Meeting at the seller place, cash on collection)
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

19 Comments
Is the saving worth it?
Yes. It is not for me (for my wife to replace her old dying phone), but I think the saving is worth it compare to buying new phone.
I know with iPhones you have to make sure the seller has removed their device being sold from their iCloud account. I think when the phone is factory reset the device gets removed, can any someone confirm this ?
There isn't a set way unfortunately.... If the seller is still paying the contract and decides to stop paying his contract your phone will stop working, could you try getting a really crap contract, low mins and data etc and then put your own sim in
To test the phone and its features go on the dial pad and type *#0*#

It will bring up a diagnosis menu
I wouldn’t buy a phone from gumtree, too much risk. Not worth it.
I wouldn't bother .too risky shop around am sure you will find a competitive price 2nd hand from a better official merchant music magpie /cash converters or ??? (Am sure someone will suggest another )
uk.webuy.com/sea…asc
have a look on CEX 2 year guarantee i believe.
You have to remove iCloud and also iTunes from Apple and it's the same as android, remove iCloud and Google accounts. If these aren't removed then it's not worth buying as you won't be able to add another account. Also check for the old "too good to be true" saying, if it's cheaper than what it should be then be wary. Also ask for serial number, picture of the box with details on the back and speak to the seller, ask for background info
Edited by: "AppleJack85" 17th Jan
...just for the record, I wouldn’t buy from Gumtree / eBay either, was just pointing out a way to check
Agreed, don't buy from gumtree either
AppleJack8517/01/2020 21:43

You have to remove iCloud and also iTunes. If these aren't removed then …You have to remove iCloud and also iTunes. If these aren't removed then it's not worth buying as you won't be able to add another account. Also check for the old "too good to be true" saying, if it's cheaper than what it should be then be wary. Also ask for serial number, picture of the box with details on the back and speak to the seller, ask for background info

ICloud and ITunes from an Android phone?

Blueskinnedbeast17/01/2020 21:45

ICloud and ITunes from an Android phone?

I corrected myself, focus on the task at hand please
AppleJack8517/01/2020 21:46

I corrected myself, focus on the task at hand please

Try and give correct information.
And don`t be so touchy.
I give correct information thank you and I use to work for CEX, I know a little thing or two about phones.
If your unsure buy of eBay , you would be easy picking to get had over on the gum
But you can check all
The phones features work by imputing *#0*#

Make sure it’s signed out of the Samsung account and also delink
From the google account
Edited by: "ashmac" 17th Jan
ashmac17/01/2020 22:45

If your unsure buy of eBay , you would be easy picking to get had over on …If your unsure buy of eBay , you would be easy picking to get had over on the gum

How? Risks are still exactly the same!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants